British Speedway Forum

Well if you had watched him at Poole you would know.

Kyle's been brilliant for Poole in the play offs 👍

I don’t need to explain. If you are a Poole fan you will know.

It's because you know I'm right and that's why you cant come up with a reason.

Kyle's Championship average has dropped for the last 3 seasons.

He got sacked this season because he couldn't cut it in the 1-5.

End of story.

Looks like Poole season hinges around what Woryna does I watched him for a season at Brandon obviously he has improved but that is in Poland he may not turn out to be the same rider over here and he did spend some time on the injured list

Edited by kingbee

Kyle's been brilliant for Poole in the play offs

As a reserve.

After all of these years he is still a reserve. Which proves my point. He hasn't improved.

Whilst other riders who were part of the FTR system have kicked on.

As a reserve.

After all of these years he is still a reserve. Which proves my point. He hasn't improved.

Whilst other riders who were part of the FTR system have kicked on.

Jason garrity hasn't both Jason and Kyle have there fair share of injuries in the last couple of years .Matt ford did not give Kyle a fair chance last season after he came back from injury so we will never know .Kyle did a lot over the years promoting Poole speedway but then you wouldn't know that!!!
  • Like 2

If C Holder has another poor season anywhere the usual flakes will bring Darcy's accident up as the prime cause they always do, every time Holder does not do well fans just blame it on the Darcy accident!

• Like 1

Jason garrity hasn't both Jason and Kyle have there fair share of injuries in the last couple of years .Matt ford did not give Kyle a fair chance last season after he came back from injury so we will never know .Kyle did a lot over the years promoting Poole speedway but then you wouldn't know that!!!

Garrity did actually kick on. He got himself into the Coventry 1-5 and held his own.

Promoting doesn't score points on the track does it.

I dont need to explain. If you are a Poole fan you will know.

I don't think you can explain to a glory hunting numpty who clearly doesn't understand what Kyle has done in the past.
  • Like 2

I don't think you can explain to a glory hunting numpty who clearly doesn't understand what Kyle has done in the past.

Absolute rubbish. We haven't won a league title for a couple of years yet I'm still a Poole fan.

None of you can come up with a logical reason so you result to childish insults.

Bjarne Pedersen has done a lot for this club in the past but you wouldn't want him back would you.

Nobody can deny Kyle's loyalty to the club. He has Poole blood in his veins.

HOWEVER - Let's not lose sight of what Kyle achieved in the seasons 2014/15/16. In all 3 seasons as one of the top 3/4 Elite draft riders he got in on 3 for 2 seasons and 4.10 for 1 season. Meaning in all 3 seasons he started at reserve and in effect near enough stayed there all season despite his GSA outstripping some of his more senior team mates. One could argue that it gave him a kind of false av as an EDR meaning he could score well above his EDR rating.

Many of his points were scored against inferior and in many cases vastly inexperienced riders and its incredible to think we had a whole season near enough of Kyle & Starke riding as EDR reserves. No wonder we won the league with such a pairing.

Now I wont deny for one minute that Kyle did have some mega rides at times like he did in those 2016 semi final meetings against Wolves and Woffinden but overall it has to be put in perspective against many of the riders he did meet for the majority of those seasons homes & away.

In 2017 he no longer had that cushion and with a combination of a couple of injuries and no longer facing mainly EDR quality riders most of the time his av arguably suffered in both Prem , plus he didn't do so great at Ipswich in Champ either at just over 6.

He got over his early season injury which helped lose his place at Poole, but at the end of the season he still only had a GSA of 4.86 from 15 meetings for Leicester and 6.10 from 27 meetings for Ipswich.

The question is: Was Kyle's av artificially high for those 3 seasons he spent near enough as an EDR rider and is his real av what he achieved with Leicester and Ipswich, although even then he was lowest of the Leicester riders and was riding mainly as reserve so not always against the big hitters.

As much as Kyle's loyalty and love of Poole, we are ultimately in a results driven business. Matt Ford must have some reservations as to where Kyle's career may be heading at 26 next week, especially when one see's how Kyle Howarth who is the nearest rider of comparable ability I compared him with over the last 4/5 years has moved forward. In 2014/15 Newman for me was the better and more exciting rider of the two. However for me Newman has not gone forward like Howarth has and the GSA's do not lie in both Prem and Champ.

I agree Newman's injuries over the last few seasons has not helped BUT that is another factor that potentially works against Matt signing him as he has had to miss part of the season in nearly every one in the last 3/4 years.

And yes I do accept that Poole's poorly prepared track in that start of season open meeting last season sure played its part in crocking him yet again.

I would always have had Kyle back as a reserve but I think Matt feels he has maybe got that covered with Woryna and will possibly use someone like Shames on 1.91 points less than Kyle so he can use that further up the team to give more strength in depth

• Like 2

There is no issue between Kyle and the club or the club and Kyle. The issue if there is one involves certain members of Kyle's entourage who took very public umbrage at Kyle's sacking.

Kyle was not fully fit and arguably came back to race too soon but if he had completed a couple more meetings whilst still underperforming then his average would have dropped to around 3.5, which would have given MF an even more difficult task to replace him with anyone decent. As it was Paull Starke came in and did an OK job.

Gater. Get a bird mate. Posting plop on every teams thread must be starting to get boring.

Not even Gater and my post is a fact.

Last 3 averages in the 2nd tier back up my point that he has not improved.

2015 - 6.84

2016 - 6.31

2017 - 6.10

:t:

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

Absolute rubbish. We haven't won a league title for a couple of years yet I'm still a Poole fan.

None of you can come up with a logical reason so you result to childish insults.

Bjarne Pedersen has done a lot for this club in the past but you wouldn't want him back would you.

Think of us Lynn fans :o

Please leave my old mucker out of it thanks