British Speedway Forum

It sounds like from Matt/ Bspa/ CVS comments that any 2017 and 18 GP rider will be brought in on a 9 average.

But for example I don't think Micheal Jepsen Jensen would come in on 9 average, he would come in on something around 7ish.

How many GP's did MJJ ride in? If Piotr is reassessed 9 then so should MJJ and Lindback etc.

I understand people discussing if the rules are right or wrong.

What I do not understand is why people think that the owners of the clubs who are building teams do not know the rules.

They would not sign riders who could not ride as this would be business madness.

True it would be better if the BSPA came out with a statement that totally clarifies the matter for the fans.

If they did that there would still be a great deal of arguments but the rules would be clear to all.

Someone said that some clubs could afford riders and some could not so it must be played to the lowest denomininator.

Sorry but this does not rub as in sport as well as other businesses the stronger financially can build their business bettter than those on a shoe string.

In sport Man Ciy play in the same league as AFC Bournemouth but financially they ar poles apart. The same goes in Rugby with Exeter Chiefs and Worcester Warriors. That's life.

Absolutely agree. There will always be haves and have nots. You cant sterilize the sport to such a degree that all teams are equal. Unlike football we already have a points limit in place for equality. To go any further would be frankly ridiculous.

Just bring the rule that all riders that didn't have a premier league average from the 2017 season will be reassessed upwards or downwards by the Scb

• Like 1

Absolutely agree. There will always be haves and have nots. You cant sterilize the sport to such a degree that all teams are equal. Unlike football we already have a points limit in place for equality. To go any further would be frankly ridiculous.

Indeed, so let's unsterilise it by not freezing out several GP riders. Enable more quality riders into the league and give more teams a chance in the process.

• Like 2

Indeed, so let's unsterilise it by not freezing out several GP riders. Enable more quality riders into the league and give more teams a chance in the process.

Agree.

Exactly! No rule has changed for non gp riders and clubs can sign who they want with the exception of only one over 8.

This is definately the case re: Pooles two signings tomorrow.

If a rider has an average and is not a gp rider, then he will have an average. No need to re-assess. Its never happened before so why now?

I am in agreement that the one over 8 rule is rubbish but several teams were not going to race unless it was brought in.

GP riders on a 9 seems fair.

Piotr Pawlicki has an average and is not a gp rider, so should come in on his previous EL average. Unless the bspa have made the gp rule for all existing and previous GP riders.

It said in the paper that Matt Ford would have considered Piotr Pawlicki if it wasn't for the 8 point rule so i assume he is being assessed as a gp rider as his previous average is under 8.

It said in the paper that Matt Ford would have considered Piotr Pawlicki if it wasn't for the 8 point rule so i assume he is being assessed as a gp rider as his previous average is under 8.

Yep, of course he would; pinching another team’s asset as usual!

• Like 1

Yep, of course he would; pinching another team’s asset as usual!

Wolves would have first choice but if not a rider can ride for another team.

Swindon have never used a rider who is an asset of another team have they.

Your post is just snipping at Poole.

Swindon are a great team and deserve to do well but don't think they would never use another teams asset.

• Like 1

Wolves would have signed him so there was nothing for Ford to consider
  • Like 1

Only a Poole fan thinks that Gp riders on a 9 is fair when an improver doesn't have to be reassessed!!!

Did you ride here in 2017? No....... then you are reassessed.

What a strange league where riders who are not improving like Tai and Zagar get almost 2 points added and someone who has seemingly vastly improved can actually be lower than he should be.

Do people expect Shovlar to say any different!!!! Biased to the max

• Like 1

Wolves would have first choice but if not a rider can ride for another team.

Swindon have never used a rider who is an asset of another team have they.

Your post is just snipping at Poole.

Swindon are a great team and deserve to do well but don't think they would never use another teams asset.

As if we need to use other teams assets!

• Like 1

Only a Poole fan thinks that Gp riders on a 9 is fair when an improver doesn't have to be reassessed!!!

Did you ride here in 2017? No....... then you are reassessed.

What a strange league where riders who are not improving like Tai and Zagar get almost 2 points added and someone who has seemingly vastly improved can actually be lower than he should be.

Do people expect Shovlar to say any different!!!! Biased to the max

Tai rode here in 2016 so within 3 years of rule so remains 7.03.

Makes it clear that he was interested in coming back to the UK as I previously indicated.

It seems he was heading back to his parent club until the ridiculous reassess some but not others apparent ruling.

MF would be interested in a rider on a false average, like any promoter would I'd say.

• Like 1