British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So if Chris returns and James we still have a massive 7.78 for the final rider! Based on Chris 7.16 and James 2.95!

A Hans gap at 7.75 then....

• Like 2

Looking okay so far.

Two Aussies with a  good team attitude.

Two from Poland who hopefully will travel together and help each other.

just want another 3 riders with a good team attitude , and are happy to ride any track ,and we can all put last year down as a bad memory.

Just now, Pirates Of Poole said:

So if Chris returns and James we still have a massive 7.78 for the final rider! Based on Chris 7.16 and James 2.95!

Last season felt a lot to me like Matt was a little bit disheartened with the direction the league was heading, and that he wasn't putting as much effort into his signings as usual. This season feels like the complete opposite. Matt is out their turning every rock and trying to plan a killer team. I think this year will be a very strong one for the Pirates.

4 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

With the rider rumoured to come in for the other second string berth, Shanes position might be at risk.

6 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

No, you just listed the only possible outcomes. Brexit will either backfire and prove all those leavers wrong or be a success and prove all those remainers wrong. You've not actually said anything of any value.

Your post was trying to suggest that their averages should have been reassessed, but actually you don't have a clue whether or not they need to be reassessed at all. Basically, you don't like the idea of Poole playing a decent hand, and therefore would like it so that Poole couldn't possibly take such a risk by having their averages reassessed to a level that makes the risk unattractive to Poole (or any other team for that matter). 

I know you guys are still crying over Doyley but you need to move on and worry about 2018 rather than telling us how nobody is going to be scared by our signings (which is funny considering you clearly aren't decided on whether they are going to flop or massively out perform their averages lol) .

Clearly you're a little scared or you wouldn't be hovering round our thread like flies on sh*t.

You keep trying to put forward what YOU think I am saying/feeling. Whatever YOU think - it is my opinion that I gave and I don't need you to try and analyse it to what YOU want me to say/feel :rolleyes:

Surely an average from 2013 should be reassessed? By the time the season starts that average will be 5 years old. That's not knocking Poole by the way!

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

The Aussie is Chris Holder. Matt wasn't allowing Chris to go on loan to Somerset he wanted a transfer fee and Somerset couldn't pay it. 

I’d probably say wouldnt pay. Who in their right minds would buy a riders registration in this day and age.

• Like 3

Just now, Steve0 said:

You keep trying to put forward what YOU think I am saying/feeling. Whatever YOU think - it is my opinion that I gave and I don't need you to try and analyse it to what YOU want me to say/feel :rolleyes:

... You said it was either going to backfire, or prove that averages need to be reassessed? Which shows you clearly haven't a clue which way it is going to go, which in turn moots your argument that all riders should be reassessed, does it not smarty pants? ;). Your posts have more holes in them than Swiss cheese! :rofl:

You either believe that our signings will make a mockery of their average, proving your point that all riders should be reassessed and contradicting your comment that the 7 other teams will not be scared of them, or you believe that they will flop, contradicting and invalidating your point that all riders should be reassessed? Either way you've contradicted yourself and now look a tool.

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

With the rider rumoured to come in for the other second string berth, Shanes position might be at risk.

That does surprise me 

6 minutes ago, Pirate Nick said:

i’d probably say wouldnt pay. Who in their right minds would buy a riders registration in this day and age.

Certainly not a rider on the way down,with an attitude to boot;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Have heard the same. C. Holder will be back but the other positions who knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BurntFaceMan said:

... You said it was either going to backfire, or prove that averages need to be reassessed? Which shows you clearly haven't a clue which way it is going to go, which in turn moots your argument that all riders should be reassessed, does it not smarty pants? ;). Your posts have more holes in them than Swiss cheese! :rofl:

You either believe that our signings will make a mockery of their average, proving your point that all riders should be reassessed and contradicting your comment that the 7 other teams will not be scared of them, or you believe that they will flop, contradicting and invalidating your point that all riders should be reassessed? Either way you've contradicted yourself and now look a tool.

It's nothing to do with whether any particular rider who didn't race here in 2017 does better or worse than a pre 2017 average. It's a matter of principle, fairness and transparency that all riders are treated the same and to reassess GP riders who did not race here last year but not other riders who didn't is illogical and unfair.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Name me two other sub five pointers with as much potential.

True, but they are two Poles so let's see how committed they are and if their Polish clubs stick their oars in at all.

I'm sure you were telling all and sundry this time last year how good Poole were going to be so your comments are best taken with a pinch of salt really.