British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Dont worry Brum, we will be fine.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Dont let Brum bother you mate.

What on earth on you blithering on about? 

Why are you trolling my name when I'm not even in the conversation.  Mind numbing.

Edit... I wonder when they are going to confirm the averages for those returning to the UK for 2018??

Strange that there is no confirmation from the BSPA 

Edited by stevebrum
added information

Whys it strange Brum ? Matt does not go out of his way to cheat, if thats what out are incinuating.

Edited by Starman2006
Stevebtums post.

38 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Haha except Bellego got beat by both of them in the play offs!

Except Bellego now has a winners medal...;)

36 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He thinks he is being funny, if we had signed Zmarzlik and Dudek he would say they be no good over here!

Looking at those signings for the Poundstretcher Poole Pirates (PPP), its unlikely that you could afford a set of tyres for either of those much vaunted riders. Vaculik, a GP rider of some standing, had a look at what you were offering and decided that he might get a few more sheckels at Leicester, at team that has propped the league up for the last couple of seasons. That's a tad embarrassing for a 'big club' such as yourselves.

This time last year when certain riders were announced e.g. Klindt the Poole fans were all excited as they believed they signed last seasons best 'ringer', which didn't work out so well if I remember correctly. 

I think that the major issue will be the mental scarring from all those home defeats at the Four Point Arena. Its everyone's favourite away track now and those Poles will really have to be on the gas early, if its not to be another barren season.

I hope not. The Premier League needs a strong PPP side...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Looking at those signings for the Poundstretcher Poole Pirates (PPP), its unlikely that you could afford a set of tyres for either of those much vaunted riders. Vaculik, a GP rider of some standing, had a look at what you were offering and decided that he might get a few more sheckels at Leicester, at team that has propped the league up for the last couple of seasons. That's a tad embarrassing for a 'big club' such as yourselves.

This time last year when certain riders were announced e.g. Klindt the Poole fans were all excited as they believed they signed last seasons best 'ringer', which didn't work out so well if I remember correctly. 

I think that the major issue will be the mental scarring from all those home defeats at the Four Point Arena. Its everyone's favourite away track now and those Poles will really have to be on the gas early, if its not to be another barren season.

yes he got lucky as Swindon won in spite of him. Hope he continues his play off form next season for the Recycled Robins.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Yeh the Championship needs to be stonger. But   How you do that if we dont have enough quality riders to go round the premier league.

Edited by Starman2006

I think this a good move. Yes its a risk they might not play out but Ford has done his homework and thinks they can fit in. 

Rynbik riders together which is always is an advantage because they can travel across together. 

Woryna is a different rider to last time he beat every single GP rider in a heat last year so he is doing something right. 

Szczepaniak= Must be doing something right to be a top rider in League 1 and he can gate. Think ford said a sensible thing that the tracks now are bigger in the UK with Somerset and the Leicester works. 

I wonder just before the stream died(sound went bad) he said he was talking to an old rider who sent him a text wonder who that was. 

6 hours ago, Always a RACER said:

That would be a very decent team 

6 hours ago, Always a RACER said:

That would be a very decent team 

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pooles final team, which would fit, could be:

1. Brady Kurtz

2. Spanneriak

3. Josh Graczonek

4. Hans Andersen

5. Chris Holder

6. Kacper Woryna

7. James Shanes.

just under the points limit.

If that side is assembled then Poole will be knocking on the door in 2018  a good blend of youth and experience 

I suspect Szczepeniak and Woryna to average around 6. Both will do well at home but poorly away. 

Also where are Poole getting Szczepeniak 4.54 average from? His last Coventry average was 4.93, did he ride elsewhere afterwards?

Edited by Woz01

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pooles final team, which would fit, could be:

1. Brady Kurtz

2. Spanneriak

3. Josh Graczonek

4. Hans Andersen

5. Chris Holder

6. Kacper Woryna

7. James Shanes.

just under the points limit.

Why do you keep putting Woryna at reserve when your team's press release clearly states that Woryna has a higher average than the other Pole?

BTW If that is the team, it looks better than the gash from 2017.

Edited by Steve0

I think the signing  of  Mateusz Szczepaniak and Kacper Woryna  are  tremendous  acquisitions.   Not sure of the averages they will acquire, but for exciting Speedway they are both quality riders capable of beating the very best..     No doubt  every other club will be envious of Poole .   I wish they were riding for the Stars,  that for sure.,,

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Why do you keep putting Woryna at reserve when your team's press release clearly states that Woryna has a higher average than the other Pole?

BTW If that is the team, it looks better than the gash from 2017.

Spanner is 4.93. The Poole website is wrong. 

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I think the signing  of  Mateusz Szczepaniak and Kacper Woryna  are  tremendous  acquisitions.   Not sure of the averages they will acquire, but for exciting Speedway they are both quality riders capable of beating the very best..     No doubt  every other club will be envious of Poole .   I wish they were riding for the Stars,  that for sure.,,

Glad you can see them for what they are. 

So far we have been swamped by posters who have called the two signings, 'meh', uninspiring, Poundland Poole Pirates, same standard as Huckenbeck, rubbish. 

I would like to know of a better reserve in the Premier League next year than Woryna. 

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Glad you can see them for what they are. 

So far we have been swamped by posters who have called the two signings, 'meh', uninspiring, Poundland Poole Pirates, same standard as Huckenbeck, rubbish. 

I would like to know of a better reserve in the Premier League next year than Woryna. 

Daniel Bewley ?     :)

• Like 2

Hardly signings that will set the world alight but with the potential to improve.

Its alright saying that their form in Poland is strong but very often that form doesnt translate across.

Love seeing the usual Poole suspects going on and on about how wonderful their team looks.

12 months ago.........................KK was back at his spiritual home there wasnt going to be a better number one in the league..glad Chris Holder was gone as KK was far better. Nicolai Klindt was going to be the best reserve in the league, someone on a false average who was only going to score bucket loads of points. Kurtz and Jack Holder would be the new turbo twins smashing in points all over the place..........Kyle Newman 'Mr Poole' lovead and adored by everyone at the club was going to kick on and realise his potential................you ended up with Lahti, Starke and Kennett

Now we are being told how amazing these 2 young Poles will be...........................hope it doesnt go the same as last year

• Like 3

Hell of a lot of potential for improvement in the 2 Poles, will be interesting if they can fulfil it next year.

They certainly look quick on the continent.

Likely to be the key men for Poole next year.