British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Woz01 said:

Although Woryna has improved in Poland I wouldn't be too confident with him away from Poole. Even in 2016 when he was at Coventry he was beating decent riders in Poland but didn't convert that here. Some of the away tracks he really struggled to even get round them. 

He is more experienced now so that should help, he may well struggle at some tracks but there are fewer small tracks now so that is a bonus. 

I just think Woryna is a different rider now,as long as his aquipment is decent i  expect a big year from him.Also with his granddad's tie to the club he will be highly motiavated.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TesarRacing said:

It will be interesting to see the final signings for Poole but looks like they could be a strong team if they get the last 3 right which I am sure Ford/Middleditch will!

On the Poles, personally think Szczepaniak will be ok but wont set the world alight but he will be dependable and hold his ave at least. Woryna on the other hand is a very different proposition. Watched him many times at Coventry and saw many glimpses of brilliance. He has obviously improved immensely in the last 2 seasons and I would be amazed if he didn't translate that into some excellent performances for Poole. In fact I will be so bold as to predict a 7+ ave by the end of the season. But he brings much more as he is a lovely lad and had loads of time for the supporters especially the younger ones. Both astute signings IMO.

Agree that Kacper will do ok not sure about Szcepaniak though. Woryna was only 19 when he come over to ride for Coventry and was quite inconsistent I would expect that will be different for 2018.

2 hours ago, Southampton Pirate said:

What's the hold up with Chris Holder, do the 2 of them come as a "package"

That was apparently CH's demand!!!!  But MF told him to do one - except no other club can afford to have him so rumour has it that CH has backed down and will sign for Poole (could even start as a 2nd string!?!) with his brother going to Somerset?

Edited by Skidder1

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

That was apparently CH's demand!!!!  But MF told him to do one - except no other club can afford to have him so rumour has it that CH has backed down and will sign for Poole (could even start as a 2nd string!?!) with his brother going to Somerset?

Yes now sounds very likely he will start as a 2nd string so when he wanted number 1 money never going to happen! 

2 hours ago, Southampton Pirate said:

What's the hold up with Chris Holder, do the 2 of them come as a "package"

I dont want either but it now looks like chris is coming jmo

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Pooles final team, which would fit, could be:

1. Brady Kurtz

2. Spanneriak

3. Josh Graczonek

4. Hans Andersen

5. Chris Holder

6. Kacper Woryna

7. James Shanes.

just under the points limit.

Looks like a top team,if you end up with that one.Plus the bonus of always having a very strong reserve.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Looks like a top team,if you end up with that one.Plus the bonus of always having a very strong reserve.

That team would absolutely hack up on the bridle next season. Fair play to Ford if he's managed to put it together.

• Like 1

Regarding Chris Holder

Skidder is right. Chris and Jack package deal. Matt said no.

Chris and Jack to Somerset until Matt asked Somerset for a 25,000 transfer fee for Chris because he is not letting Chris leave on loan and rightly so.

Obviously they cant pay that or anyone else for that matter so Chris is on his way back to us whilst Jack will line-up at Somerset.

It had nothing to do with money. All about Jack. 

That's what I was told from a very reliable source. Don't hate just sharing the info with you guys. 

:lol::lol::lol: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cough cough Miedzinski. 

Riders will go where they want, on their own terms.

Poole will have no leg to stand on if Holder wants to ride elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

That team would absolutely hack up on the bridle next season. Fair play to Ford if he's managed to put it together.

Don’t think team is accurate. One change.

13 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Regarding Chris Holder

Skidder is right. Chris and Jack package deal. Matt said no.

Chris and Jack to Somerset until Matt asked Somerset for a 25,000 transfer fee for Chris because he is not letting Chris leave on loan and rightly so.

Obviously they cant pay that or anyone else for that matter so Chris is on his way back to us whilst Jack will line-up at Somerset.

It had nothing to do with money. All about Jack. 

That's what I was told from a very reliable source. Don't hate just sharing the info with you guys. 

Well if thats the condition holder going to ride for us a bit of a joke if you ask me certainly dont sound committed does it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Thats exactly what was supposed to happen last season!

Poole were hot favourites and Swindon rank outsiders.......then look what happened

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Thats exactly what was supposed to happen last season!

Poole were hot favourites and Swindon rank outsiders.......then look what happened

You are like a black cloud Gavan. Poole could sign the top 7 in the world and you would still say we are rubbish and everyone else is better!! 

• Like 1