British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Well if thats the condition holder going to ride for us a bit of a joke if you ask me certainly dont sound committed does it ?

No it doesn't sound committed, bit of a risk as he could do another KK or refuse to ride!

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

You are like a black cloud Gavan. Poole could sign the top 7 in the world and you would still say we are rubbish and everyone else is better!! 

Something wrong with your eyesight?

Please tell me which post of mine is the one that says Poole are rubbish please?

Ive said that Woryna is a very good signing but the other Pole is an ok signing. Not once have i said the team is rubbish.

All ive said is that you have 2 Poles who havent ridden here for a while and may need time to settle and come with risks attached because of that.

Ive also said that at this time last year all we had was post after post of how good Poole were going to be with KK , Klindt and Newman how poor other sides were like Swindon and that ended up being a complete reversal of fortunes.

The Poole team does look good, but so did last years and i would have thought some Poole fans would have learnt not be so big headed going into a new season

If you want to have a moan at me then at least get your facts straight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Thats exactly what was supposed to happen last season!

Poole were hot favourites and Swindon rank outsiders.......then look what happened

Not sure everyone thought we had a great team, would of been challenging if KK performed as he should, Klindt  was ok but was never going to be a 7 pointer some had forecast.

Just now, foreverblue said:

Not sure everyone thought we had a great team, would of been challenging if KK performed as he should, Klindt  was ok but was never going to be a 7 pointer some had forecast.

Exactly my point.

KK didnt perform

Klindt didnt go as well as was thought

Newman got injured.

Its all well and good saying Woryna will average over 7 and the other Pole will get 6 , but until the team takes to the track we will never know.

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Well if thats the condition holder going to ride for us a bit of a joke if you ask me certainly dont sound committed does it ?

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No it doesn't sound committed, bit of a risk as he could do another KK or refuse to ride!

Whilst it has nothing whatsoever to do with me, I won't see CH ride as my team in championship,  I think Matt Ford has missed a trick here, Chris obviously hasn't learned from his ban/fine has he, still thinks he can call the shots, should have left him on the sidelines early season only bringing him in as replacement if necessary.

Seems like the Holder bros as a pair are trying to bring down British speedway, if it doesn't suit them;)

Just my opinion of course:wink:

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Exactly my point.

KK didnt perform

Newman got injured.

Its all well and good saying Woryna will average over 7 and the other Pole will get 6 , but until the team takes to the track we will never know.

Woryna looks a good signing but Szczpaniak  looks a bit too much like a David Stachyra  who rode for Poole a few years ago. He will be good at reserve but may struggle mid season when he may be a second string.  For a team to win the title you cannot afford to have riders that don't perform. If as expected Chris Holder returns I am not sure he will put a point on his average as some seem to think either.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Exactly my point.

KK didnt perform

Newman got injured.

lots of polish riders that come to the uk to are hit and miss both of these two could be the same

2 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Regarding Chris Holder

Skidder is right. Chris and Jack package deal. Matt said no.

Chris and Jack to Somerset until Matt asked Somerset for a 25,000 transfer fee for Chris because he is not letting Chris leave on loan and rightly so.

Obviously they cant pay that or anyone else for that matter so Chris is on his way back to us whilst Jack will line-up at Somerset.

It had nothing to do with money. All about Jack. 

That's what I was told from a very reliable source. Don't hate just sharing the info with you guys. 

Think the transfer fee for Chris is not right but figures were discussed.

If Chris Holder wants to ride elsewhere no one can stop him or even force that club to buy him.

They can make it bloody difficult though.

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Woryna looks a good signing but Szczpaniak  looks a bit too much like a David Stachyra  who rode for Poole a few years ago. He will be good at reserve but may struggle mid season when he may be a second string.  For a team to win the title you cannot afford to have riders that don't perform. If as expected Chris Holder returns I am not sure he will put a point on his average as some seem to think either.

Szczpaniak is a much better rider than Stachyra ever was. Number one in the averages above Kenneth Bjerre and Batchelor in Poland. You don’t become number one in a league by being mediocre. I think Woryna will outscore Szczpaniak but then if a rider is averaging above 10 in Poland he should more than capable of averaging over 6 here. And if he does that, it will be job done.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Think the transfer fee for Chris is not right but figures were discussed.

If Chris Holder wants to ride elsewhere no one can stop him or even force that club to buy him.

They can make it bloody difficult though.

Just has to wait until March when Poole have named there team then he can ride for who he likes happened a couple of seasons back with someone may have been Doyle to liecester

Edited by Booey boy
Wrong spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Regarding Chris Holder

Skidder is right. Chris and Jack package deal. Matt said no.

Chris and Jack to Somerset until Matt asked Somerset for a 25,000 transfer fee for Chris because he is not letting Chris leave on loan and rightly so.

Obviously they cant pay that or anyone else for that matter so Chris is on his way back to us whilst Jack will line-up at Somerset.

It had nothing to do with money. All about Jack. 

That's what I was told from a very reliable source. Don't hate just sharing the info with you guys. 

Do me a favour. You haven't got any source. I've got more connection to Poole speedway than you because I've been there a lot to watch Swindon.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Szczpaniak is a much better rider than Stachyra ever was. Number one in the averages above Kenneth Bjerre and Batchelor in Poland. You don’t become number one in a league by being mediocre. I think Woryna will outscore Szczpaniak but then if a rider is averaging above 10 in Poland he should more than capable of averaging over 6 here. And if he does that, it will be job done.  

Yes he is a good rider and there are some good riders in the Polish second division but it doesn't always convert to going well here. I just think we should be careful about 30 year old Polish riders who have ridden here before and not performed. Woryna is obviously class and I have no misgivings about him.

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Thats exactly what was supposed to happen last season!

Poole were hot favourites and Swindon rank outsiders.......then look what happened

No need to tell me Gav. I saw it all 1st hand. But doesn't matter what you think of him but Ford rarely gets it so wrong 2 years running. 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

lots of polish riders that come to the uk to are hit and miss both of these two could be the same

that was my point.

i said Poole looked a good side on paper but there is no guarantee on these 2 Poles.

Yet some like Lisa feel it more important to come on here and have a pop at me over nothing at all