British Speedway Forum

On 12/12/2017 at 5:10 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

An even better signing than I thought then! 4.54! Whoop whoop!  

Starts at reserve and will no doubt clean up. The good news is of course we will always have a big hitter in the reserve berth next season

It'll end in tears as always..

5 minutes ago, yerropes said:

It'll end in tears as always..

2003, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

Always? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

2003, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015

Always? 

The Poles, they usually have a short shelf life down in deepest darkest..

23 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

Are you familiar with a man named Magic Janowski. He was quite a good rider for Poole and did 3 pretty good years. Maybe Kacper could do the same. A year with one club then move onto Poole and improve year upon year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Are you familiar with a man named Magic Janowski. He was quite a good rider for Poole and did 3 pretty good years. Maybe Kacper could do the same. A year with one club then move onto Poole and improve year upon year. 

2 clubs.Swindon and Lynn.I think Magic was young and finding his feet back then.He would have improved anywhere.Great rider though,one of my favourites..

8 minutes ago, YerRopes said:

It’s not only in Peruoole. The Poles usually find it difficult to adapt to UK tracks - except Peterborough. When they do try and race they soon realise how different it is. 

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

It’s not only in Peruoole. The Poles usually find it difficult to adapt to UK tracks - except Peterborough. When they do try and race they soon realise how different it is. 

Now there arn't so many small tracks in the premiership it should be easier for the Poles.

4 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Don't say this often. But Gavan has done nothing wrong he has said some points about the riders which are very true.

It is a risk but if they come off then we will be up there for the league. 

I think we have a better team in the running than Wolves and Swindon(our number 6 reserve will be better) 

But last year we thought we had a good team and it didn't turn out so well. 

I feel the signing of Josh G though is massive. He understands all the UK tracks and provides great back up and i feel like he is where we will actually win rather than Woryna and Matt S. 

Exactly my point!

they look decent signings but only time will tell.

And who is this Arthur Fry thing? Never posts about the team just has a go at me!! Bit of a saddo I guess.

it just cracks me up how he and Lisa and Gater1/MattFordFan just jump on my posts without reading them! Made themselves look a tad foolish this time

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Exactly my point!

they look decent signings but only time will tell.

And who is this Arthur Fry thing? Never posts about the team just has a go at me!! Bit of a saddo I guess.

it just cracks me up how he and Lisa and Gater1/MattFordFan just jump on my posts without reading them! Made themselves look a tad foolish this time

Not really. Since I 'jumped on your post' as you call it, you have been a bit more positive and a more unbiased opinion. So well done, I knew you could do it! :D

Lets just get back to Poole 2018. 

Anyone know anything about sponsors for 2018?? 

Or anything else which actually isn't team related for 2018 in Poole?? 

Yes. Volvo are continuing to sponsor the team. 

Starman!!

Before posting this, may I request only comments of a very respectful nature!  I know many have expressed their opinions about Starman and his posts in the past but would ask at least on this occasion they remain polite.

Starman's mum has today advised on one of the (many)Poole threads on Facebook that Starman is currently in Poole Hospital having been diagnosed with a (non-cancerous) brain tumour!

She doesn't go into any further detail about the prognosis, but will pass on good wishes from any Speedway fans.

Get well soon Starry.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Starman!!

Before posting this, may I request only comments of a very respectful nature!  I know many have expressed their opinions about Starman and his posts in the past but would ask at least on this occasion they remain polite.

Starman's mum has today advised on one of the (many)Poole threads on Facebook that Starman is currently in Poole Hospital having been diagnosed with a (non-cancerous) brain tumour!

She doesn't go into any further detail about the prognosis, but will pass on good wishes from any Speedway fans.

Get well soon Starry.

Get well soon Starman.