British Speedway Forum

Hope you get well soon Starman one of the most entertaining posters on here.Who can forget his "I'll tell Matt posts." He sounds like a good bloke who loves Poole and speedway and its great to see all the nice posts wishing him a speedy recovery.

3 hours ago, LEWISCOUCH said:

Do we think this is chris holder or milik? If somerset were to get their way with holders and doyle i think the league could be done and dusted

I think it's Chris. He seems to be in and out of this Poole team on a weekly basis this winter. If Somerset have signed Chris, can they just announce it!! :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think it's Chris. He seems to be in and out of this Poole team on a weekly basis this winter. If Somerset have signed Chris, can they just announce it!! :rolleyes:

Doubt it

• Like 1

It's Chris for certain seems Ford only wants to sell if Holder leaves which I suspect he wants to having been told some eye opening stuff! Not a good situation at all 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

It's Chris for certain seems Ford only wants to sell if Holder leaves which I suspect he wants to having been told some eye opening stuff! Not a good situation at all 

Ford can't stop Holder riding for who he likes it's happened before

May I wish Starman a full and speedy recovery. Its never nice to hear of anybody suffer from something like that, so lets hope we see him back on the forum soon and back to full health.

2 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Like I said the other day.

Matt want's 25,000 for Chris Holder. Matt is not allowing Chris to leave on loan. 

6 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Matt want's 25,000 for Chris Holder. Matt is not allowing Chris to leave on loan. 

Ultimately Ford wont have a choice if Holder wants to go

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Makes you wonder what kind of C.Holder we will get in 2018 if he isn't happy with Matt Ford.

I assume he is pi**ed because Matt didn't want Jack back(this coming season anyway). Also probably miffed if has been offered a reduced pay deal at a 7 point man rather than as a number 1 in prev years.

If Matt really is only interested in a £25k permanent transfer deal then it would seem maybe all not so good in their relationship ??

A lot could be rumour of course and the deal may already be done and Chris is happy with it, but between the lines and with some of the comments coming from Matt in interviews it does cause some concern. Especially if it is revolving around Chris.

The stumbling block now mentioned by Matt in 2 interviews of course could revolve around one his foreign prospects he wants to bring in. Suppose we will just have to wait and see, but if Chris does sign I hope we are getting a happy Chris back at his home club and not one who is riding only because he cant get a move away due to the price tag of the transfer fee.

On 14/12/2017 at 1:03 PM, Skidder1 said:

Starman!!

Before posting this, may I request only comments of a very respectful nature!  I know many have expressed their opinions about Starman and his posts in the past but would ask at least on this occasion they remain polite.

Starman's mum has today advised on one of the (many)Poole threads on Facebook that Starman is currently in Poole Hospital having been diagnosed with a (non-cancerous) brain tumour!

She doesn't go into any further detail about the prognosis, but will pass on good wishes from any Speedway fans.

Get well soon Starry.

Just seen this. All the best starman! Hope you feeling well soon. For all the names we've called each other over the years I wouldn't wish this on anyone and look forward to plenty more name calling with you when you felling better.

Edited by SCB

52 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It's Holder who won't have the choice! It could stop him riding for anyone. Though I wouldn't want any rider at Poole if they don't want to be there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Exactly. The riders hold all the power. Any rider will ride where they want.

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

If that's the case then he won't be at Somerset.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

It's Holder who won't have the choice! It could stop him riding for anyone. Though I wouldn't want any rider at Poole if they don't want to be there. 

I very much doubt Poole could stop Holder going elsewhere in the end.

Agree with you there is no point having a rider in any team that doesnt want to be there.

• Like 1