British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Poole or their fans don't care at what cost..as long as it's them  that win.  

Not me 

To be honest I've got no issue with Woryna or the other Pole's name who I can't spell keeping their previous averages. It makes things a lot easier if everyone keeps their previous averages. The problem then comes when they have re-asssessed riders like Tai Woffinden and co. They either had to re-assess all of them or none of them... not some of them! 

• Like 6

The problem with the averages is the inconsistency. Re-assess them all or none (as Najjer says). When some are done and others aren't then experience tells us that there are vested interests involved, with some teams benefiting at other teams expense. As ever, it is hard to see any logic behind the decision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

To be honest I've got no issue with Woryna or the other Pole's name who I can't spell keeping their previous averages. It makes things a lot easier if everyone keeps their previous averages. The problem then comes when they have re-asssessed riders like Tai Woffinden and co. They either had to re-assess all of them or none of them... not some of them! 

Well said Najjer.  Isn't too difficult a concept to understand is it? 

• Like 1

Interesting article from Matt Ford in the Echo today about losing out on Ellis at the last minute.

Ultimately for me even though I like Matt, I have to say Speedway was the winner in this deal, which isn't quite portrayed in the article where Matt said he was sad to lose out on the deal to get him.

The final deal saw both Ellis and Zach W go from Lakeside to Swindon as assets and no doubt part of the deal included both being loaned back to Lakeside to meet up with Morris in the Champ.

Suppose you can partly blame our wonderful BSPA and this ridiculous rule that meant neither Eddie Kennett or Scott Nicholls could ride in the Champ this season. I read that both had been  earmarked for Lakeside and Cook had to do an about turn to find other riders. Fortunately he did well to get the Swindon deal done which benefited both Clubs for the 2018 season. Means both young Brits get double up deals which will benefit them financially as well as Morris getting similar, and the winners are British Speedway and its fans who get to see all 3 riders in both divisions.

I am a Poole fan but live only 30/40 mins drive from Lakeside so I see the bigger picture from the sports perspective on this one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Najjer said:

Spot on

Either reassess everyone or nobody its not difficult.

No issue with Woryna on his low average but then leave riders like Tai and Zagar on theirs! Not rocket science

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Spot on

Either reassess everyone or nobody its not difficult.

No issue with Woryna on his low average but then leave riders like Tai and Zagar on theirs! Not rocket science

Perhaps the rule would have been more acceptable had they agreed to 2 over 8 for 2018.

That way teams such as BV/Swind/Wolves could have kept (if they chose to) there 2 x 8 point men, plus the other teams could have chosen from the other riders assessed 8 or more.

I tend to agree though to leave every riders GSA's as is from the last season they rode here, and let the teams themselves sort out who they choose and don't choose to sign.

It may well be that we would have had some teams stronger than others due to some with financial constraints, but that is sport. Unfortunately being now only an 8 team Prem, I suppose it comes down to non changing of the rules may well have pushed at least one or two towards the Prem exit door.

All we get from the bspa is down grading the the sport they represents same every year so annoying 

3 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Interesting article from Matt Ford in the Echo today about losing out on Ellis at the last minute.

Ultimately for me even though I like Matt, I have to say Speedway was the winner in this deal, which isn't quite portrayed in the article where Matt said he was sad to lose out on the deal to get him.

The final deal saw both Ellis and Zach W go from Lakeside to Swindon as assets and no doubt part of the deal included both being loaned back to Lakeside to meet up with Morris in the Champ.

Suppose you can partly blame our wonderful BSPA and this ridiculous rule that meant neither Eddie Kennett or Scott Nicholls could ride in the Champ this season. I read that both had been  earmarked for Lakeside and Cook had to do an about turn to find other riders. Fortunately he did well to get the Swindon deal done which benefited both Clubs for the 2018 season. Means both young Brits get double up deals which will benefit them financially as well as Morris getting similar, and the winners are British Speedway and its fans who get to see all 3 riders in both divisions.

I am a Poole fan but live only 30/40 mins drive from Lakeside so I see the bigger picture from the sports perspective on this one.

Well well well. So I was correct way back in September!!!:D

3 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Just read that Starman has been taken to hospital.  Hope that things turn out ok for him if this is indeed true.

what do you mean if it is true! Don't you believe him!