British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I think it's a case of chris had already agreed to race for somerset with jack...as mentioned months ago...Matt has decided he wants to use him., chris has said no matt I'm racing for somerset.   Matt throws toys out of pram and says....well they will have to buy you then.   Chris says ...whatever matt...do what ya want but I'm not racing for you next year.  

Matt throws more toys out of pram and says.. Well can we at least make it look like I've tried to sign you in the press..as don't want people thinking I've lost my touch.

If Matt wanted to use him then he wouldn't let Somerset talk to him. Unless you are saying Somerset tapped him up??! :o

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

I think it's a case of chris had already agreed to race for somerset with jack...as mentioned months ago...Matt has decided he wants to use him., chris has said no matt I'm racing for somerset.   Matt throws toys out of pram and says....well they will have to buy you then.   Chris says ...whatever matt...do what ya want but I'm not racing for you next year.  

Matt throws more toys out of pram and says.. Well can we at least make it look like I've tried to sign you in the press..as don't want people thinking I've lost my touch.

Think that is pretty much spot on! Surely he needs a team for his visa?

If it is just about Jack then it is a bit ridiculous. I don't remember Jack insisting Chris was in last years team!! 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If Matt wanted to use him then he wouldn't let Somerset talk to him. Unless you are saying Somerset tapped him up??! :o

If chris and jack hadn't already agreed to race for somerset..how did some of us know where they would go??? 

Maybe matt had agreed to let chris go to somerset...then the one over 8 rule was brought in..changing matt plans completely 

• Like 1

So it looks like a lack of xmas cheer in the Ford household this year, and looking highly unlikely we will see any team announcements this side of xmas.

Matt was highly confident that he would be putting out a very strong team for 2018 the 70th anniversary and was quite open in his comments in the media in that respect. We have gone from naming all kinds of top riders on this forum coming to the squad for 2018 to something which may well fall short of that if one takes his comments about being down on revenue by 20% with the possible loss of the TV deal.

I think he felt Chris Holder was a shoe in but seems rider power is kicking in as its painfully obvious this whole saga is about Jack (who by the way I wanted to see back). Chris obviously wants to join him now at Somerset but of course Matt is not actually admitting it. He chooses to window dress the wording of his media releases and extract the max media coverage in both the Speedway Star and its now on Speedway GP. He then mentions with the 20% drop in revenue with the expected loss of TV he could do with selling 1/2 riders which to me is a clear indication that its sell only with Holder at a price of course nobody will pay. Especially after last season with the fall out at KL and his performances in general. Matt also admits selling some riders would help the club at this time. Sounds like all isn't well financially despite him protesting its not about money with Chris. Maybe it isn't but its plain to see Chris doesn't want Poole without Jack.

It should have been obvious to Matt long ago that moving Jack on was going to cause problems for 2 brothers who probably live together when in UK - Ride for the same Polish Club so would travel together plus both probably thought they were back in at Poole. I personally think its a mistake letting Jack go irrespective of some of the comments re his immature remarks/comments. He is still a future young star and should be told to iron out his immaturity and just concentrate on riding. With his brother to mentor him I feel its a mistake letting him go.

So where do we sit now on these top riders who we are supposed to be signing to give us that title winning look to the side ??

Holder looks like he wants out. Andersen looks like he's been told that as it stands he is not wanted back. Maybe a climb down though if Matt is up sh** creek. Sundstrom has been mentioned various times recently on this forum and if signed wont be a surprise to most visiting the Poole Forum. But even he cant be announced as the POL max 3 league rule hasn't been sorted - STILL...... On top of that is Sundstrom a heat leader ??? His revised GSA with the 8% reduction from his 2013 av (if its 2% per year not ridden) looks attractive but he isn't the rider you would go WOW about. So what about the Milik's/Madsen's etc which were the type of riders we were all looking for below 8 on old GSA's.

I hope I am proved wrong and we do see something special but I have a feeling that with all not being hunky dory on the Holder front and on the financial front  as admitted by Matt re the potential loss of 20% of his revenue, we may well be relying heavily on the 2 Poles which is dangerous. They should be the bonus signings and not the expected successes. I expect Brady & Josh to be steady but questionable at full heat leader status in the case of Brady especially who is still  developing at 21.

What a load of old pony this media stunt is Chris and Jack were never going to be back at Poole, Jack was the childish one so Ford just said fk off, and its been known Chris and Ford don't see eye to eye anymore and had no intentions of signing, so to please the Holder fans that have posters of him on there bedroom walls Matt has put some spin on it and media have published it.

• Like 1

Thing is..with speedway you just never know....Matt may have said to chris if you race for us next year you never have to race for us again??? And no one will notice as somerset can use Doyle.

2 minutes ago, Agrotron said:

What a load of old pony this media stunt is Chris and Jack were never going to be back at Poole, Jack was the childish one so Ford just said fk off, and its been known Chris and Ford don't see eye to eye anymore and had no intentions of signing, so to please the Holder fans that have posters of him on there bedroom walls Matt has put some spin on it and media have published it.

Agree with this, Ford has probably came out and said this because Somerset want to announce Chris in the team before Christmas 

1 minute ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

So it looks like a lack of xmas cheer in the Ford household this year, and looking highly unlikely we will see any team announcements this side of xmas.

Matt was highly confident that he would be putting out a very strong team for 2018 the 70th anniversary and was quite open in his comments in the media in that respect. We have gone from naming all kinds of top riders on this forum coming to the squad for 2018 to something which may well fall short of that if one takes his comments about being down on revenue by 20% with the possible loss of the TV deal.

I think he felt Chris Holder was a shoe in but seems rider power is kicking in as its painfully obvious this whole saga is about Jack (who by the way I wanted to see back). Chris obviously wants to join him now at Somerset but of course Matt is not actually admitting it. He chooses to window dress the wording of his media releases and extract the max media coverage in both the Speedway Star and its now on Speedway GP. He then mentions with the 20% drop in revenue with the expected loss of TV he could do with selling 1/2 riders which to me is a clear indication that its sell only with Holder at a price of course nobody will pay. Especially after last season with the fall out at KL and his performances in general. Matt also admits selling some riders would help the club at this time. Sounds like all isn't well financially despite him protesting its not about money with Chris. Maybe it isn't but its plain to see Chris doesn't want Poole without Jack.

It should have been obvious to Matt long ago that moving Jack on was going to cause problems for 2 brothers who probably live together when in UK - Ride for the same Polish Club so would travel together plus both probably thought they were back in at Poole. I personally think its a mistake letting Jack go irrespective of some of the comments re his immature remarks/comments. He is still a future young star and should be told to iron out his immaturity and just concentrate on riding. With his brother to mentor him I feel its a mistake letting him go.

So where do we sit now on these top riders who we are supposed to be signing to give us that title winning look to the side ??

Holder looks like he wants out. Andersen looks like he's been told that as it stands he is not wanted back. Maybe a climb down though if Matt is up sh** creek. Sundstrom has been mentioned various times recently on this forum and if signed wont be a surprise to most visiting the Poole Forum. But even he cant be announced as the POL max 3 league rule hasn't been sorted - STILL...... On top of that is Sundstrom a heat leader ??? His revised GSA with the 8% reduction from his 2013 av (if its 2% per year not ridden) looks attractive but he isn't the rider you would go WOW about. So what about the Milik's/Madsen's etc which were the type of riders we were all looking for below 8 on old GSA's.

I hope I am proved wrong and we do see something special but I have a feeling that with all not being hunky dory on the Holder front and on the financial front  as admitted by Matt re the potential loss of 20% of his revenue, we may well be relying heavily on the 2 Poles which is dangerous. They should be the bonus signings and not the expected successes. I expect Brady & Josh to be steady but questionable at full heat leader status in the case of Brady especially who is still  developing at 21.

Surely Somerset would not be announcing their team with Chris in it,  if Matt is allegedly still talking to Chris !!!!

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

If chris and jack hadn't already agreed to race for somerset..how did some of us know where they would go??? 

Maybe matt had agreed to let chris go to somerset...then the one over 8 rule was brought in..changing matt plans completely 

Surely he couldn't back out of a loan agreement if it was already reached??! :blink::unsure:

2 minutes ago, james1234 said:

Agree with this, Ford has probably came out and said this because Somerset want to announce Chris in the team before Christmas 

I don't understand why it matters if he is announced before or after Christmas?

3 minutes ago, Buttons said:

Surely Somerset would not be announcing their team with Chris in it,  if Matt is allegedly still talking to Chris !!!!

I think Matt is trying to rescue the situation with Holder Sr who for me was the most important part of Matts plan for 2018 with Brady Kurtz. I think his team plans are up the wall with the current stalemate caused by Matt not taking Jack back who as one of the World's improving young riders already signed by Torun would to many have been an obvious resigning. But not for Matt who must have had something said which he has taken to heart.

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I don't understand why it matters if he is announced before or after Christmas?

Well the tweet I just read on Somersets Twitter feed looks the team is complete and will be announced before Christmas 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think Matt is trying to rescue the situation with Holder Sr who for me was the most important part of Matts plan for 2018 with Brady Kurtz. I think his team plans are up the wall with the current stalemate caused by Matt not taking Jack back who as one of the World's improving young riders already signed by Torun would to many have been an obvious resigning. But not for Matt who must have had something said which he has taken to heart.

Keeping a rider who swears at you/doesn't respect you would be really stupid!! 

• Like 2