British Speedway Forum

I wouldnt see that as a trolling post.

Im a Poole fan and have spent plenty of time on the centre green over the years and id agree with you - The same holes have been there for years and its not a lot of riders favourite place to race - I think its fair to say there is room for improvement!

Edited by hampshire3321
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I heard that was the case and Matt reported Somerset to the BSPA MC.

Then had to withdraw it as it's not true.

11 minutes ago, hampshire3321 said:

I wouldnt see that as a trolling post.

Im a Poole fan and have spent plenty of time on the centre green over the years and id agree with you - The same holes have been there for years and its not a lot of riders favourite place to race - I think its fair to say there is room for improvement!

I thought they would rip it up and relay for the coming season is this not going to happen?

Edited by Agrotron
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Of course its too late now.

He should have sat down with both after the seasons end and well before now and had a heart to heart with both on Jacks boyish behaviour and the fact he should not have been so outspoken.

Let's all get a reality check here. This is one of potentially the best young riders in the World. He is a Poole asset and has been signed by Torun on a full contract. Not a young riders contract where they are not guaranteed an income. His first season in the Elite league on a GSA of 5.82. After only 1.5 seasons previously in Champ with Plymouth. Also showed what he could do on decent equipment (Hancocks engine), on decent tracks when he rode those last few meetings for Torun. Do you think Lambert would have been so good. I don't think so.....

If he is good enough to be signed for the POL EXL with a clear understanding that Chris mentors him then it should have been the same here. Sometimes people have to put the frustrations of last season behind them. I mean both Jack and Matt. Its not about Jack's disrespect for Matt. The guy was a frustrated young man who was not given a chance to settle and have his obvious ups and downs because the team he rode for were so poor for so long and were getting hammered so badly at certain stages when all this came to a head.

Move on for Christ's sake. Don't let the guys talent be blunted by a case of "because I am the club owner I have bigger bo**ocks than you have". Sit down together with Jack and Chris (as his mentor) and thrash it out so all can have a harmonious working relationship going forward.

Something I fear has been sadly missing in this case. Hence the mess we now have.

i think you are forgetting just how much younger Lambert is, 2 years younger than Holder. Will be interesting in 2 years time when he is at the same age as Holder now at what level Lambert will be at.

Just saying||||

1 minute ago, Agrotron said:

I thought the would rip it up a relay for the coming season is this not going to happen?

I havent heard plans to - Think the cost involved is too much for them to consider. Short sighted in my opinion - Maybe someone needs to drop a copy of field of dreams over to Matts! If you build it they will come. Everyone wants a good race track, after all without it you will struggle to get good racing.

I work in the motocross industry and those who dont invest in there tracks do not see a good return.

I know Matt has been offered help in the past with various improvements and promotional ideas but they never get implimented due to either short term costs involved or lack of effort.

Its a shame as it seems ego has got in the way at times.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Of course its too late now.

He should have sat down with both after the seasons end and well before now and had a heart to heart with both on Jacks boyish behaviour and the fact he should not have been so outspoken.

Let's all get a reality check here. This is one of potentially the best young riders in the World. He is a Poole asset and has been signed by Torun on a full contract. Not a young riders contract where they are not guaranteed an income. His first season in the Elite league on a GSA of 5.82. After only 1.5 seasons previously in Champ with Plymouth. Also showed what he could do on decent equipment (Hancocks engine), on decent tracks when he rode those last few meetings for Torun. Do you think Lambert would have been so good. I don't think so.....

If he is good enough to be signed for the POL EXL with a clear understanding that Chris mentors him then it should have been the same here. Sometimes people have to put the frustrations of last season behind them. I mean both Jack and Matt. Its not about Jack's disrespect for Matt. The guy was a frustrated young man who was not given a chance to settle and have his obvious ups and downs because the team he rode for were so poor for so long and were getting hammered so badly at certain stages when all this came to a head.

Move on for Christ's sake. Don't let the guys talent be blunted by a case of "because I am the club owner I have bigger bo**ocks than you have". Sit down together with Jack and Chris (as his mentor) and thrash it out so all can have a harmonious working relationship going forward.

Something I fear has been sadly missing in this case. Hence the mess we now have.

Well Jack needs to take a reality check himself. Looking at life through a bottle is the major cause of his problems. Just like his elder brother.

• Like 2

I think the poole track does actually produce good racing when it's in good condition....a good track should be the minimum a club should aim for every season.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sommelier said:

i think you are forgetting just how much younger Lambert is, 2 years younger than Holder. Will be interesting in 2 years time when he is at the same age as Holder now at what level Lambert will be at.

Just saying||||

You make a fair point but please don't forget that Robert started racing on 250 cc in 2009 and switched to the full 500cc in 2011. That is 6 years ago as a 13 year old. In 2012 he started to race under age in Germany on the full 500 cc class before racing for KL Youngster in 2013. Switched to full KL team in 2014 meaning 4 full years riding in both Prem and Champ (equivalents).

The point being that Jack has had a lot less experience riding on UK/European tracks and lets not forget his first season in Prem was only this season just gone.

I certainly do hope as a Brit that Rob Lambert does step up and makes top grade. But my slight fear is that he started very early and had the benefit of riding under age in Germany, I would have hoped that despite his young age he would be really pushing on now after 4 full years in Prem even without his experience in the second team and Germany prior to that. For someone so young he has had a lot of experience here in UK in Prem/Champ and throughout Europe.

He is one of the few youngsters coming out of the sport home bred who we can see potential in. I do hope he doesn't reach just so far but falls short of the top. It is a reservation and an opinion and I sure hope I am proved wrong and he does make it right to the top as he gets to 21/22. I think 2018 is a big year for him to push on and prove to the top teams in Poland he is worth signing for 2019.

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

You make a fair point but please don't forget that Robert started racing on 250 cc in 2009 and switched to the full 500cc in 2011. That is 6 years ago as a 13 year old. In 2012 he started to race under age in Germany on the full 500 cc class before racing for KL Youngster in 2013. Switched to full KL team in 2014 meaning 4 full years riding in both Prem and Champ (equivalents).

The point being that Jack has had a lot less experience riding on UK/European tracks and lets not forget his first season in Prem was only this season just gone.

I certainly do hope as a Brit that Rob Lambert does step up and makes top grade. But my slight fear is that he started very early and had the benefit of riding under age in Germany, I would have hoped that despite his young age he would be really pushing on now after 4 full years in Prem even without his experience in the second team and Germany prior to that. For someone so young he has had a lot of experience here in UK in Prem/Champ and throughout Europe.

He is one of the few youngsters coming out of the sport home bred who we can see potential in. I do hope he doesn't reach just so far but falls short of the top. It is a reservation and an opinion and I sure hope I am proved wrong and he does make it right to the top as he gets to 21/22. I think 2018 is a big year for him to push on and prove to the top teams in Poland he is worth signing for 2019.

Agree, but from the time he started at Lynn in 2014 as a 16 year old he has managed to produce a maximum every year for Lynn! Ive watched him on 5 occasions in Poland last year 3 at Lublin. He always stated if Lublin progressed up a league he would stay at the club.

And he did win 3 titles this year! If he can get more consistent with his gating, he will go far IMO,

10 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Agree, but from the time he started at Lynn in 2014 as a 16 year old he has managed to produce a maximum every year for Lynn! Ive watched him on 5 occasions in Poland last year 3 at Lublin. He always stated if Lublin progressed up a league he would stay at the club.

And he did win 3 titles this year! If he can get more consistent with his gating, he will go far IMO,

I think you have hit the nail on the head. His gating.

If he can iron out that which is a BIG part of any Speedway riders armour, he can be really good.

If you look at some of the late developers or some of those who rode at Poole and have moved on they all were good gaters. Doyle was a good gater but always got overtaken. Well he sure sorted that one out huh and developed late. Same can be said for the likes of Madsen & Milik. Both could gate and both have moved on in their careers with that asset.

I am with you in wanting him to succeed but he really needs to get some expert help just as the likes of Ward did with Hancock etc in spending some time with the good gating guys to try and learn. Hancock for me is a great gater and he could learn a lot from him. Magic Janowski sure used Hancock as a mentor for learning and see what happened there.

I do hope that he appreciates that is a big area of weakness he needs to work on and hopefully with his obvious ability he really will go all the way. We sure need him in the sport as one of our few young UK  riders coming through to compliment Tai W.

40 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I think you have hit the nail on the head. His gating.

If he can iron out that which is a BIG part of any Speedway riders armour, he can be really good.

If you look at some of the late developers or some of those who rode at Poole and have moved on they all were good gaters. Doyle was a good gater but always got overtaken. Well he sure sorted that one out huh and developed late. Same can be said for the likes of Madsen & Milik. Both could gate and both have moved on in their careers with that asset.

I am with you in wanting him to succeed but he really needs to get some expert help just as the likes of Ward did with Hancock etc in spending some time with the good gating guys to try and learn. Hancock for me is a great gater and he could learn a lot from him. Magic Janowski sure used Hancock as a mentor for learning and see what happened there.

I do hope that he appreciates that is a big area of weakness he needs to work on and hopefully with his obvious ability he really will go all the way. We sure need him in the sport as one of our few young UK  riders coming through to compliment Tai W.

Jack has had the benefit of Chris' knowledge and contacts in every aspect of his career, of course he has the talent but combined, he should do OK.. 

Robert, on the other hand, has had to do it his own way, with a little help from Woffinden,  it seems,  this year... 

It does make me smile to read those that think Poole are in a 'mess' just because they may not have reached agreement with Chris Holder!! Matt has a few options yet.

Watch this space people, watch this space!!

And to coin a phrase from dear old Starman (get well soon mate), you win nothing in March - June!!   "Its not how you start its how you finish":D:P

• Like 2