British Speedway Forum

Wrong post.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wrong post.

Still better tgan some Steve.....:lol::P

• Like 1

Transferred from the Somerset thread!!

'The 'deal' was done ('no issues with money') but CH had other stuff to sort out!!  The Echo story does just call it a 'delay'!!;):P

The ball is in Holder's court but Matt will have the upper hand if Chris signs and doesn't start riding to his true capabilities - he'll just replace him with a.n.other. (probably one of a few former GP riders).:approve::D'

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wrong post.

It's the most sensible post that he's made in many a year. :D :D

2 hours ago, DunRobin said:

It's the most sensible post that he's made in many a year. :D :D

The most 'correct'.....

one thing i am hoping for is a early fixture list or am i asking to much fot that to happen :D

Re C.Holder, Although there is no issue over finance maybe Matt wants it linked to performance rather than a 'guaranteed' amount per meeting?!  Not unreasonable after his 2017 season all over Europe I reckon?! ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Re C.Holder, Although there is no issue over finance maybe Matt wants it linked to performance rather than a 'guaranteed' amount per meeting?!  Not unreasonable after his 2017 season all over Europe I reckon?! ;)

Errr - no issue over finance and your alternative view is all about finance! Confused.com!,

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Thought Matt didn't like guarantees, rather you earned your money.

I've always believed Chris is very easy to deal with on the finance front.

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

To be fair, he said "It’s not money, no one should read that into it. It’s nothing to do with finances.", and what you're suggesting is very much to do with finance, so I cannot imagine it is that. 

41 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

To be fair, he said "It’s not money, no one should read that into it. It’s nothing to do with finances.", and what you're suggesting is very much to do with finance, so I cannot imagine it is that. 

Maybe it's due to track conditions at Wimborne Rd. He was not happy about track conditions when he last rode for Poole & perhaps he wants confirmation that his worries re track are dealt with. The reason he fell out with Chapman was over track conditions.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

Maybe it's due to track conditions at Wimborne Rd. He was not happy about track conditions when he last rode for Poole & perhaps he wants confirmation that his worries re track are dealt with. The reason he fell out with Chapman was over track conditions.

Wouldn't surprise me.  Even Jack said the track was bad in Speedway Star this week.

6 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Wouldn't surprise me.  Even Jack said the track was bad in Speedway Star this week.

Jack will say anything negative at the moment as his nose has been put well and truly out of joint since he was told he was not going to line up for Poole in 2018.

As for CH, I spoke to him the week after the Kings Lynn Poole meeting and he said although the Poole track is not smooth, it is consistent, you know it is safe and can turn a bike and race on it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Jack will say anything negative at the moment as his nose has been put well and truly out of joint since he was told he was not going to line up for Poole in 2018.

As for CH, I spoke to him the week after the Kings Lynn Poole meeting and he said although the Poole track is not smooth, it is consistent, you know it is safe and can turn a bike and race on it. 

Seems though that he doesn't wanted to race on it every week - instead choosing one of the best race tracks in the county.

• Like 2