British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Seems though that he doesn't wanted to race on it every week - instead choosing one of the best race tracks in the county.

If Jack was at Poole he would be....

Nothing to do with the track. If Jack was at BV he'd want to be there.

I think it’s all down to the track especially with a whinger like Holder. There is no way he’d ride that every week. Not surprised KK and Hans aren’t returning along with others. 

This will be the issue with the poles dispite their high salaries, if they think the home circuit will jeopardise their Polish pay then expect them out of trouble at the back. 

Ford needs to splash out on the racetrack instead of a potentially high scoring reserve. 

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If Jack was at Poole he would be....

Nothing to do with the track. If Jack was at BV he'd want to be there.

Looking forward to Good Friday already!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Looking forward to Good Friday already!

Alright for some! I can never go as I work Friday morning. Can you get Somerset to do the morning meeting!! ;)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ouch said:

I think it’s all down to the track especially with a whinger like Holder. There is no way he’d ride that every week. Not surprised KK and Hans aren’t returning along with others. 

This will be the issue with the poles dispite their high salaries, if they think the home circuit will jeopardise their Polish pay then expect them out of trouble at the back. 

Ford needs to splash out on the racetrack instead of a potentially high scoring reserve. 

Holder was at Poole for nearly ten years (??? :unsure:) so i don't think the track is the main reason. 

Edited by lisa-colette

The track has deteriorated over the last ten years to get to its current low state. Whinging tends to increase the older they get. These two factors plus the rumoured performance related pay instead of the usual big bucks pay out means it’s a no go for several old timers. 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Jack will say anything negative at the moment as his nose has been put well and truly out of joint since he was told he was not going to line up for Poole in 2018.

As for CH, I spoke to him the week after the Kings Lynn Poole meeting and he said although the Poole track is not smooth, it is consistent, you know it is safe and can turn a bike and race on it. 

Jack is only echoing what others have said about the track. 

The track is a joke I was under the impression that it was going to be ripped up and sorted out as soon as the season was over looks like fk all is happening on that front after all the criticism its had and still no work done!  

Work was done on it last season where it was smoothed out. Or have you forgotten?

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Work was done on it last season where it was smoothed out. Or have you forgotten?

Oh i remember that, everyone started beating us!!! :lol::o

39 minutes ago, Agrotron said:

The track is a joke I was under the impression that it was going to be ripped up and sorted out as soon as the season was over looks like fk all is happening on that front after all the criticism its had and still no work done!  

I thought there is supposed be some redevelopment around the track in the next few years and that the track might have to close for a year whilst that happens??!! If that is the case then why bother..

33 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Shown up on BT live as hardly having touched it. 

30 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I thought there is supposed be some redevelopment around the track in the next few years and that the track might have to close for a year whilst that happens??!! If that is the case then why bother..

I had heard that but nothing more about it.