British Speedway Forum

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Hancock replaced an injured rider. Woffinden replaced a rider who was performing to his ability.

Splitting hairs. Both used the British league to suit themselves. Both equally as guilty of using our league for their own means.

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hancock replaced an injured rider. Woffinden replaced a rider who was performing to his ability.

lol you do come up with some great stuff!

So now riders cant come back to ride over here unless they are replacing an injured rider...........laughable.

Both Hancock and Woffinden came back to help sides try and win the league while at the same time keeping them fit for the gp's as there was less meetings elsehwhere.

Yes Joonas was doing his job but they had the chance to bring in a better rider....its a no brainer.

Im sure if Poole could have replaced KK with a Woffinden or an Iversen they would have done. 

28 minutes ago, Gavan said:

lol you do come up with some great stuff!

So now riders cant come back to ride over here unless they are replacing an injured rider...........laughable.

Both Hancock and Woffinden came back to help sides try and win the league while at the same time keeping them fit for the gp's as there was less meetings elsehwhere.

Yes Joonas was doing his job but they had the chance to bring in a better rider....its a no brainer.

Im sure if Poole could have replaced KK with a Woffinden or an Iversen they would have done. 

i know you wont agree but there is a difference between woffinden and hancock one is american who dont have to ride here but woffinden british who really should be a little more loyal .jmo

Edited by ray c
  • Like 2

To change the subject for a moment.....Does anyone know if the Pirates shop is still open?? Thought I read it somewhere that it was going to be open until the 30th or 31st??

29 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

To change the subject for a moment.....Does anyone know if the Pirates shop is still open?? Thought I read it somewhere that it was going to be open until the 30th or 31st??

Last day saturday

• Like 1

I believe that the club could benefit from a permanent shop in the town. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

If Matt could afford the rates each month yes I agree

Not talking about Dolphin center but down the high street.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not talking about Dolphin center but down the high street.

High street rates are ridiculously high. Know from experience.

Don't the Dolphin Centre sponsor Poole in some way?

Has to be said that I think Ford is losing interest in Poole and is just ticking over these days. Doesnt seem to want to spend the money on the club that he used to. 

Whether its because the rumours of the stadium closing in the near future are actually true or he has just lost interest altogether, who knows. But the past few seasons things havent been their usual self at Poole thats for sure.

56 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Has to be said that I think Ford is losing interest in Poole and is just ticking over these days. Doesnt seem to want to spend the money on the club that he used to. 

Whether its because the rumours of the stadium closing in the near future are actually true or he has just lost interest altogether, who knows. But the past few seasons things havent been their usual self at Poole thats for sure.

Well he has just had a hugely successful popupnshop in Poole with tons of new merch, plus employed the same designer that Man City use, plus a new company for internet promotions/ twitter/ facetime/ etc.

This years team looks like its going to be the team to judge others by and be very exciting. So I disagree that Matt is losing interest. I think Pirates will be back with a vengeance next season.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Disagree, it would be popular for a few months and would be dead it would not be sustainable at all.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why would any small business have a shop with the internet as a much cheaper option ?

Just now, proud panther said:

Why would any small business have a shop with the internet as a much cheaper option ?

Because it gives you a presence in the town. I am sure most towns have shops for the local sports clubs. Speedway is Poole's primary sport so why not have a permanent shop, I'm sure Peterborough has a shop for it's primary sport.