British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why not both? Fashionable clothing branded with Pirates would sell. Thousands of holiday makers walk aimlessly around town on any given summer day. Social media won’t bring in these holiday makers. But watching exciting video clips and the chance to buy tickets for that weeks meeting might bring extra people through the gate.

”that’s two decafs, two toasted bagels. 10.40 please. Oh and have you purchased your tickets for this weeks big meeting at the stadium? Its going to be a real thriller.”

Whatever it is you're taking, i want some .... :lol:

• Haha 1

I actually think it's a great idea Steve has..with the coffee shop thing.....but I'm just thinking of numbers....I dare say most coffee shops make money..if they didn't they wouldn't keep popping up everywhere and making all high streets look the same in most towns...personally I've never been in one.  As for merch....I doubt much would be sold to holiday makers..who probably are not fans .

Out of interest what was the price of a shirt or hoodie in the pop up shop?

Edited by Baldyman

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why not both? Fashionable clothing branded with Pirates would sell. Thousands of holiday makers walk aimlessly around town on any given summer day. Social media won’t bring in these holiday makers. But watching exciting video clips and the chance to buy tickets for that weeks meeting might bring extra people through the gate.

”that’s two decafs, two toasted bagels. 10.40 please. Oh and have you purchased your tickets for this weeks big meeting at the stadium? Its going to be a real thriller.”

Why would you lie directly to there faces!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Would they be the same exciting video clips that should be appearing on the club website and available everywhere (not just a coffee shop) on social media and could be properly targetted? ;)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

But the difference is you would actually have to actively search for Poole Speedway.  Pointless preaching to the converted. A coffee shop would bring the club to the attention of litterally thousands of new people. 

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But the difference is you would actually have to actively search for Poole Speedway.  Pointless preaching to the converted. A coffee shop would bring the club to the attention of litterally thousands of new people. 

If it’s that much of a dead cert, when are you opening?

you can retire with your millions and say “I told you so” 

hell you you could even franchise it throughout the country. 

• Like 2

opening  for a few wks before xmas in an already empty unit(actually in a bad position) rent free and staffed by volunteers is excellent,saying it could become viable all yr round is insane,you wouldnt get past two quarters of rent and rates oh and wages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The better option (every club should do it) is to have pop-up stalls on market / pension days in the local areas.

Far more cost effective 

Maybe a Poole Pirates themed cafe/coffee shop could work...

Timo Latte

Mars Gunnestad

Krzysztof Flaprjack

Cheese Swist

Sergey Parkin

Magnum Zetterstrom

Antonio Lindtback

Adam Quornicki

All whilst watching highlights on the Big Joe Screen!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

Timo Latte

Mars Gunnestad

Krzysztof Flaprjack

Cheese Swist

Sergey Parkin

Magnum Zetterstrom

Antonio Lindtback

Adam Quornicki

Very good Mr Cheese

6 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Timo Latte

Mars Gunnestad

Krzysztof Flaprjack

Cheese Swist

Sergey Parkin

Magnum Zetterstrom

Antonio Lindtback

Adam Quornicki

Sweet & Sour Kangaroo

Why not some sort of relationship with an existing coffee shop in Poole, with free sponsorship in the stadium in return, there's already a restaurant I've been into in Poole that has pics of riders in it.. 

• Like 2