British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, OldRacer said:

Or he could challenge the legal basis for restricting his employment opportunities by someone with whom he has no contractual relationship.  Open and shut case in the post-Bosman era and about time it was kicked out of speedway.

that depends on the arrangement - if the "asset" situation means he has signed a contract and Poole simply loaned him out off that contract they can then recall him - happens all the time in post Bosman soccer

4 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

No, I haven't. I have said that you need a relevant base as a launch pad, but your overall reach is many times bigger than your initial launch pad. If you start with 500 speedway fans and reach over 150,000 people then it is anything but an echo chamber. An echo chamber would only reach the initial 500 fans.

Yes the 500 but more than once....once......once......:-)

17 minutes ago, Knightime said:

that depends on the arrangement - if the "asset" situation means he has signed a contract and Poole simply loaned him out off that contract they can then recall him - happens all the time in post Bosman soccer

That would mean he was under contract and that Poole would be on the hook for his wages whether he rides for them or not.  That's how it works in post Bosman soccer.  

Edited by OldRacer
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SCB said:

Good luck with that, what with being an Aussie and all that. He can work quite freely in Australia.

Well, that's a good point which rather undermines the argument!

The asset system really does need to be challenged and stuck down though.  Presumably it would have to be by an EU national.

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Matt has played hard ball over Jack Holder and rightly so. The lad is still young but has some growing up to do. Perhaps in the future they can patch things up but not at the moment. 

This was one of my main concerns when Somerset signed Jack ! As you say, he has some growing up to do and needs to level out a bit. In his defence, he is young and over exuberant and needs reining in and put his energy into his performance on track rather than confrontations with management in the pits !!! I suspect Gary May will, well have the measure of young Jacky Boy !!! Chris needs to stop baby sitting his brother and let him find his own way and not compromise his own career into the bargain !!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aroundtheboards said:

This was one of my main concerns when Somerset signed Jack ! As you say, he has some growing up to do and needs to level out a bit. In his defence, he is young and over exuberant and needs reining in and put his energy into his performance on track rather than confrontations with management in the pits !!! I suspect Gary May will, well have the measure of young Jacky Boy !!! Chris needs to stop baby sitting his brother and let him find his own way and not compromise his own career into the bargain !!!

Im sure gary may will do a better job with jack than was done at poole imo we shall see

Guys, I am really not interested in the "in and outs" of social Media. I come on here to find out what is happening with the team that I support. So do me a favour!!!! if you want to discuss youtube, hits, likes and imogees, take it to a site where people ARE interested.

14 hours ago, SCB said:

If he’s not working here he doesn’t need a visa does he? :rolleyes:

The point is he got his visa as it was 'sponsored' by Poole on the basis that they have offered him a 2018 contract. Having initially not reached agreement with Poole on some of the specifics (not financial - as MF stated)), he has looked at what other UK options may be possible and now a dose of reality is beginning to set in.

MF has been quite clear in stating that CH was in every one of his team 1-7 options for the start of the season. I expect the starting line-up to be confirmed and announced very soon - especially as there is a supporters quiz evening scheduled for next Wednesday, 10th!!  

Its anyone's guess what mid-season changes may happen, but one thing's for sure - MF won't wait as long as he did with KK to ring any changes if riders aren't performing to their best?!

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Im sure gary may will do a better job with jack than was done at poole imo we shall see

I am almost a 100% sure you are right and I sincerely hope so because the kid has loads of potential if he channels his efforts in to his riding rather than off track personalities he will do well !!! ( That's if you can refer to MF as a personality !!! :rolleyes: )

4 minutes ago, Aroundtheboards said:

I am almost a 100% sure you are right and I sincerely hope so because the kid has loads of potential if he channels his efforts in to his riding rather than off track personalities he will do well !!! ( That's if you can refer to MF as a personality !!! :rolleyes: )

Whats the nightlife like around the Oaktree area?!B) 

I'm sure that Garry's regular presence in the Poole pits last year will have given him a fair insight into what he will have to deal with with JH!!!

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Whats the nightlife like around the Oaktree area?!B) 

Not a lot Skidder !!! You've got the Oaktree itself which is always good after a meeting and a good chance to do a bit of meet and greet with riders. The Windmill is back up the Bristol Road (A38) near the M5 Junction 22. That's about it, unless you head into Burnham (5 mins drive ) there's a Wetherspoons and several town centre pubs but of course you've got to watch the old D&D !!! :drink:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

MF has been quite clear in stating that CH was in every one of his team 1-7 options for the start of the season. I expect the starting line-up to be confirmed and announced very soon - especially as there is a supporters quiz evening scheduled for next Wednesday, 10th!!  

Its anyone's guess what mid-season changes may happen, but one thing's for sure - MF won't wait as long as he did with KK to ring any changes if riders aren't performing to their best?!

Will Matt be able to name his full squad so early as you indicate though Skidder ?

If the Poles STILL haven't advised any rule change to the max 3 Leagues then surely that still restricts his options if for example he is going for say Sundstrom who was riding 3 Leagues last season incl both Swedish Leagues. Same would apply if it was any of the other names we heard mentioned on here like Milik etc. I assume the likes of Madsen are out of the equation as he hasn't signed for anyone other than Poland and could easily have been named by now had he been in the running as he is not caught up in the 3 league rule having not signed for any Swedish Club.

I follow the main Polish sites and so far nothing mentioned about change of the rule or re discussions about possibly changing it. (Although we are still way before season start for 2018).

On 24/12/2017 at 1:05 PM, Baldyman said:

Trust me...they were both lined up for somerset, but looks like ford stuck to his guns and didn't let it happen......I couldn't account for that.

Nothing surprises me 

Jack holder was at Plymouth for 2 seasons hated not winning but was no problem to the manager

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Will Matt be able to name his full squad so early as you indicate though Skidder ?

If the Poles STILL haven't advised any rule change to the max 3 Leagues then surely that still restricts his options if for example he is going for say Sundstrom who was riding 3 Leagues last season incl both Swedish Leagues. Same would apply if it was any of the other names we heard mentioned on here like Milik etc. I assume the likes of Madsen are out of the equation as he hasn't signed for anyone other than Poland and could easily have been named by now had he been in the running as he is not caught up in the 3 league rule having not signed for any Swedish Club.

I follow the main Polish sites and so far nothing mentioned about change of the rule or re discussions about possibly changing it. (Although we are still way before season start for 2018).

Someone on the bsf who also follows the polish scene put a link to a Polish 2018 Rider contract which although the translation is a bit iffy would seem to suggest the riders in the Polish Extraleague can ride in upto 4 leagues!!  HOWEVER, I stress that the translation doesn't make it that easy to understand.

Much more relevant (to me anyway) are the rumoured changes to the assessed current and former GP riders!!!