British Speedway Forum

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yep, neither can I. 4 easy points.

I dont hink it will be that easy for Swindon to an easy 4 points, Poole could draw at home

• Haha 1

Swindon v Poole, not Poole v Swindon.

i believe Poole will win at Blunsdon next season, if we get the team Matt is trying to assemble.

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

At just $25 a point you can see why they give it a miss.....

Glory over money surely? It's national pride and a title? Other than aussies and tai. Are there any other notable absentees from national championships. 

1 minute ago, Danny Connor said:

Glory over money surely? It's national pride and a title? Other than aussies and tai. Are there any other notable absentees from national championships. 

Nice sentiment but if competing costs you the money you need to set up for the next European season where you may actually earn something......

7 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

It is as simple as that - BUT there are other realistic options involving at least 2 other 'quality' riders!!

You don't have to tell him mate. He has sources! He knows it all.

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yep, neither can I. 4 easy points.

Repeat posts from early 2017. How did that work out?!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

i believe Poole will win at Blunsdon next season, if we get the team Matt is trying to assemble.

I’ve already asked you to put your money where your mouth is....you talk the talk, let’s walk the walk....£50 per loss per team to the ben fund. To clarify...£50 each meeting your team loses. do you the balls to back up your chat. 

Edited by hyabb17

13 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

I would have thought so.It's not as though Holder can't afford a flight.Would of been nice for the Aussie fans to see him.

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That’s it, Steve, crank up the smugness just like last year so it’s even sweeter when we thrash you again and again and win the league yet again! 

• Like 1

Let’s be carful. 

This Swindon team looks pretty good and so far of the teams announced looks better than anyone else. 

Better than Rye, Somerset and Wolves by a mile. 

Good side apart from the reserves. 

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Nice sentiment but if competing costs you the money you need to set up for the next European season where you may actually earn something......

I'd argue the big names earn enough. its probably more to to do with arrogance. You know. Bigger than the title itself. Or scared they will be beaten by a lesser name. I feel a bit sad for the Aussie fans who don't get to see their own stars ride,

Actually they deserve a gp but the "rockstar" riders don't. Bet they use the line "it's great to ride here in Australia" when the gp is in town though. Even though they have many opportunities to raise the profile there now riding and doing there bit. 

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

That’s it, Steve, crank up the smugness just like last year so it’s even sweeter when we thrash you again and again and win the league yet again! 

You won't win the league with that team, you will need changes like last season.

• Like 1

When was the last time any team won the league without making a change to their starting line up.....?

11 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

I'd argue the big names earn enough. its probably more to to do with arrogance. You know. Bigger than the title itself. Or scared they will be beaten by a lesser name. I feel a bit sad for the Aussie fans who don't get to see their own stars ride,

Actually they deserve a gp but the "rockstar" riders don't. Bet they use the line "it's great to ride here in Australia" when the gp is in town though. Even though they have many opportunities to raise the profile there now riding and doing there bit. 

For me it’s about giving something back.

Those blokes that gave up their time picking you out of the airfence or just stood holding a flag whilst you learned to slide a bike. 

I love seeing a lad succeed and to see them strut their stuff as a top liner after all those years is great. 

Whats the saying, be nice on your way up 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gavan said:

Seems Poole right to get rid of Jack Holder didnt do that well in oz today.

Kurtz did ok but beaten by a Belle Vue heat leader and Belle Vue second string shows that he could possibly be the weakest number one in the league.

Josh Pickering looked good maybe someone in the top flight might take a chance on him

It makes me laugh when people decide to base a rider entire next 12 months in Europe based on a meeting or 3 in Australia on weird tracks and probably on weird bikes. Holder, Kurtz, Fricke, Tungate and Pickering have all ridden between 30 and 100 meetings in Europe the last 12 months for you to know how good they are. The idea that 1 meeting is going to suddenly make them good or bad is laughable. People do this with Mason Campton year after year, he does alright in Aus then people are shocked that he's still rubbish in the UK - like themn previous years of being rubbish in the UK don't matter!