British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

When was the last time any team won the league without making a change to their starting line up.....?

Poole 2015!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SCB said:

It makes me laugh when people decide to base a rider entire next 12 months in Europe based on a meeting or 3 in Australia on weird tracks and probably on weird bikes. Holder, Kurtz, Fricke, Tungate and Pickering have all ridden between 30 and 100 meetings in Europe the last 12 months for you to know how good they are. The idea that 1 meeting is going to suddenly make them good or bad is laughable. People do this with Mason Campton year after year, he does alright in Aus then people are shocked that he's still rubbish in the UK - like themn previous years of being rubbish in the UK don't matter!

how often have you seen mason ride

some meetings last year he looked like he could beat anyone

but ill also agree some meetings he beat himself many times

and looked like a total newcomer could give him a good go

what i will say is mason campton is world class compared to mitchell davey who not many have a problem with and he even now gets classed as a brit

dont get me wrong i like davey always well turned out and looks good on the bike

but he just cant score points

Just a joke when people see a few Aussie results and try making it out as if thats how they will ride all season in the UK. 

Sedgmen is another who is superb in Aus then quite frankly pants in the UK. 

Brady Kurtz when announced as Pooles number one looked weak as people assumed the big guns would be flocking back to UK speedway, but they havent and now its becoming clearer that this top flight will be one of the weakest ever, BK is starting to look like one of the stronger number ones.

18 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

At just $25 a point you can see why they give it a miss.....

You forgot to mention it’s $3500 per round to win & $500 per round for 16th place, not bad.. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Duane - I wasnt aware of that level of prize money. 

Although at an average around $7000 its likely it may just cover costs of 4 rounds of travel for those based near one of the venues.

Those travelling from further  - Perth or from Europe - would likely still be out of pocket

4 hours ago, Pinny said:

Brady Kurtz when announced as Pooles number one looked weak as people assumed the big guns would be flocking back to UK speedway, but they havent and now its becoming clearer that this top flight will be one of the weakest ever, BK is starting to look like one of the stronger number ones.

Nope, he’s the weakest number one by some margin (at least half a point), bar Rye House. 

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Nope, he’s the weakest number one by some margin (at least half a point), bar Rye House. 

But quite possibly the biggest potential

26 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

But quite possibly the biggest potential

Yep agree with that Brady can only get better 

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

Yep agree with that Brady can only get better 

You hope !

On paper Kurtz is one of the weakest but for sure he has the most potential. Needs to step up to the level of Morris in the elite league as a minimum this season i would say.

Poole going down the strength in depth route but as of yet not found a second and third heat leader to back up Kurtz

Far be it from me to defend the south coast mafia but Kurtz won every race he finished yesterday so a bit harsh to stick the boot in on him anyway.

The thing is that even if  when Brady retains his 8 point average, he is unlikely to stay at number one in the Poole team anyway!!;)

PS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIDDLO.:D

Edited by Skidder1

24 minutes ago, Gavan said:

On paper Kurtz is one of the weakest but for sure he has the most potential. Needs to step up to the level of Morris in the elite league as a minimum this season i would say.

Poole going down the strength in depth route but as of yet not found a second and third heat leader to back up Kurtz

Bit unfair on Josh who was Somerset number 1 last year and finished with an average of 7.34! I would certainly put him as a very good 3rd HL if not 2nd. 

36 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Erm, has Morris rode at no1 for Swindon yet?! :blink:

He'll find it a bit different to last year as he can't hide behind JD anymore if he has an iffy meeting. Be interesting to see how he handles more pressure on him. 

47 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

You hope !

Not a case of hope he will