British Speedway Forum

Well if the remaining riders were Holder, Sundstrom and Shanes we would have a fantastic 1-7. The Poles would need to play ball though. 

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

What like Chris Holder and Linus Sundstrom with Shanes to bring it in limit ??

Wouldn't be any surprise as its been well vented on the Forum. Would just like to see it sorted. Of course the Polish EXL max 3 League rule will have to be lifted to allow Sunsdtrom in.

Unless as you say Matt really does have a surprise in store ??

Why would you want a suprise if those were the three?

I've missed something here clearly - Why all the fuss about Sundstrom? I thought Poole were holding out for someone like Milik or Madsen and they're likely to end up with Sundstrom :blink:

• Like 1

Stunned Poole have let Hans go, great team man and captain and always likely to maintain his average. MInd you Poole let Newman go last season , loyalty doesnt mean a lot these days

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why would you want a suprise if those were the three?

More than happy if they are the 3.

Was merely making the point that if one (or both) are not part of the already well voiced 3 on this forum, then I wonder if Matt may have a surprise up his sleeve.

3 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I've missed something here clearly - Why all the fuss about Sundstrom? I thought Poole were holding out for someone like Milik or Madsen and they're likely to end up with Sundstrom :blink:

Probably the small subject of money ??

Remember he may have already set his stall out by making no secret of the fact he would be 20% down on revenue as a result of no longer having the old SKY money (or as it stands NO TV deal).

I question if either Madsen or Milik really want UK anyway as they seem happy with their commitments as is although slight surprise Madsen didn't sign in Sweden.

You never know with Mr Ford though if a surprise may creep out after all the rumour of Holder & Sundstrom being the 2 with Shanes to keep within the team points limit.

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

You've missed something. Sundstrom is a much improved rider and scores well in league racing. Rides well for Gorzow in Poland and ten years younger than Hans. Very fast rider. 

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You've missed something. Sundstrom is a much improved rider and scores well in league racing. Rides well for Gorzow in Poland and ten years younger than Hans. Very fast rider. 

So his 2013 average (7.17 for Coventry & Peterborough) should be increased accordingly? :)

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes and there is a youtube video of him from a few years ago where he led Messrs Holder and Ward a merry dance for 4 laps around Poole and beat both.

For those interested just type his name into youtube and there are several clips of him. He has done well in both SWE Leagues and is retail by Gorzow so must have something. I just hope the Poles do relax the 3 League rule as he could be a bit of a dark horse if he does sign for Poole (Especially in this  weaker league compared to when he last rode here in 2013). Not sure if he will go the whole way to the top but as you say he is fast, he can gate and at 27 has not been over raced. Could be one who develops a little later than some as he still has the potential.

Not sure why he chose to have 4 years out of UK. Not sure if he had injuries or what, but he is more mature having promised quite a bit several years ago and maybe he has decided this is the right time to give it another go in UK.

If he is Poole bound then I think he could do well and probably not on a megabucks deal that perhaps the likes of Milik/Madsen would want (that's if they wanted UK which I have my doubts they do). He could be accommodated in the team with Holder & Shanes even if he stays on his 2013 GSA with no reduction for his 4 years out of UK. To be honest I think Matt would prefer he does stay on his higher GSA as no point in having it reduced in the event things didn't work out and he wanted to review the situ come end of May. In Lundstrom's case though I am confident he wont have to.

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So his 2013 average (7.17 for Coventry & Peterborough) should be increased accordingly? :)

Surely it would of dropped to around 6 by now ;):blink:

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Surely it would of dropped to around 6 by now ;):blink:

Hmmm... Depends who's asking! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Why?? - Ah of course, because he could be Poole bound.....

According to Speedway GP he is 7.22 final GSA for 2013.

His av in Poland for 2017 was 4.5 per meeting per 4 rides. (Based on the 8 meetings he rode).

Why should he be increased, if anything he should be decreased. Happy to stay with his old GSA though if the Poole haters feel we got one over the rest with Woryna.

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Hmmm... Depends who's asking! :D

IF... there is a rule deducting 2% per season for each season missed and he is NOT a GP rider than his 7.22 could be reduced to 6.64 but in all honesty if he is signed with Holder & Shanes then Poole don't need the reduction anyway.

Better to keep the higher points JUST in case come end of May. But barring injury I doubt it will be an issue and he will be a decent signing.

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Why?? - Ah of course, because he could be Poole bound.....

According to Speedway GP he is 7.22 final GSA for 2013.

His av in Poland for 2017 was 4.5 per meeting per 4 rides. (Based on the 8 meetings he rode).

Why should he be increased, if anything he should be decreased. Happy to stay with his old GSA though if the Poole haters feel we got one over the rest with Woryna.

He should be at least a 9.

6 minutes ago, MattK said:

He should be at least a 9.

Wouldn't expect anything else from someone based in Swindon :wink:

You never know maybe he will aspire to such dizzy heights come the end of the season. Assuming he was to sign of course :wink:

Had he been Swindon bound then of course the 8% reduction for his 4 years out of UK would have been fairer :wink:

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
predictive spelling errors...
  • Like 1