British Speedway Forum

58 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Doesn't matter one bit how they feel. If your team succeeds, you can't keep them next season. The only way to win is to build a team with riders who are likely to exceed their average. There is no room for kisses and cuddles. If you want loyalty then you'll have to change the rules (or accept losing on a regular basis).

So you would rather riders change clubs willy nilly every year is that right?  believe it  or not not everything is about winning.Poole need to firstly get there track in order there has been poor racing there generally for a few years now and at times the  track has been a disgrace.Swindon for me for the season  ahead have nearly stuck to the same riders as last year which i find refreshing if we finish bottom it would not bother  me being entertained is more important to me than winning.The days of riders being attached to clubs now are long gone and that is a crying shame Poole for example had Lewis,Middlo,Smith, ect) in yesteryear now riders are moving clubs for fun.

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

So you would rather riders change clubs willy nilly every year is that right?  believe it  or not not everything is about winning.Poole need to firstly get there track in order there has been poor racing there generally for a few years now and at times the  track has been a disgrace.Swindon for me for the season  ahead have nearly stuck to the same riders as last year which i find refreshing if we finish bottom it would not bother  me being entertained is more important to me than winning.The days of riders being attached to clubs now are long gone and that is a crying shame Poole for example had Lewis,Middlo,Smith, ect) in yesteryear now riders are moving clubs for fun.

No, I would rather they stayed at their clubs, but the rules don't allow a successful team to keep their riders. And I'm afraid you're wrong... it is all about winning! It's a competition!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Tomorrow signing number 5 being announced.

Middlo will be announcing the news on radio solent tomorrow morning.

After the ventriloquist and before the meat raffle. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Tomorrow signing number 5 being announced.

Middlo will be announcing the news on radio solent tomorrow morning.

Na lol. 

Back to Poole should be announced tomorrow. Otherwise Hans wouldn't have been allowed to sign for Leicester as he would have been in our 1-7 if no Holder.

3 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

The system rarely allows for both loyalty and success. Don't blame the player for a flaw in the game. 

Try telling that to Fast Freddie, Jacob and Woffy who have only ever ridden top flight for their parent club. 

Plenty of clubs are loyal to riders.  The club's who aren't can't bleat if riders don't put them first either. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Fry said:

Poole are know different to any other club, rye house dumped Kennett last season, Wolverhampton dumped kynacorpi ( not sure how you spell it) a couple of season's ago

Fast Freddie has spent his whole career at Wolves 12 years,  with a year out of British speedway. Thorssell has ridden his whole top flight career with Wolves. 

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Tried to buy Ellis on a full transfer.

Stuck by Newman for a number of years not just 1 or 2. 

And released several times as well during a season. 

Poole asset Perks is set to retire because he can't get a team place.  Another casualty of the Poole loyalty system. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Try telling that to Fast Freddie, Jacob and Woffy who have only ever ridden top flight for their parent club. 

Woffinden and loyalty :rofl::rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Plenty of clubs are loyal to riders.  The club's who aren't can't bleat if riders don't put them first either.

Fast Freddie has spent his whole career at Wolves 12 years,  with a year out of British speedway. Thorssell has ridden his whole top flight career with Wolves.

And released several times as well during a season.

Poole asset Perks is set to retire because he can't get a team place.  Another casualty of the Poole loyalty system.

so because he's not in Poole's plans or anyone else's, he's a casualty of Poole's loyal system

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Woffinden and loyalty :rofl::rofl:

He has certainly ridden in the UK more than about 2 dozen Poole assets.  :lol::lol:

Just now, Arthur Fry said:

so because he's not in Poole's plans or anyone else's, he's a casualty of Poole's loyal system

If you think it's okay to collect assets like beer glasses and not look after them then that's your perogative. 

Don't expect loyalty in return however. 

It’s all about winning. It’s a competition.  Let other clubs stick to the same old riders and let Poole continue to be the most successful club in the last 15 years.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

16 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

If you think it's okay to collect assets like beer glasses and not look after them then that's your perogative.

Don't expect loyalty in return however.

there's only room for seven in the team, so some have to miss out