British Speedway Forum

I can't see Chris Holder agreeing to return to Wimbourne Road without Matt Ford offering a guarantee of a decent track surface for 2018?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I can't see Chris Holder agreeing to return to Wimbourne Road without Matt Ford offering a guarantee of a decent track surface for 2018?

Why not, they've never had one before?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

So what has it got to do with anyone called James? :) Guessing typo.  Sundstrom signed up in Danish league?

Which figure is incorrect?

Kurtz    8.08
Grajczonek    7.34
Holder    7.16
Szczepaniak    4.93
Woryna    4.65
Shanes    2.95

Szczepaniak is 4.54 and Shanes on 2.88 (2.5% discount on 2.95 for James) so 7.85 left for the final rider.

Matt won't take up all that 7.85 so he'll have a bit extra to play with when the team is redeclared if necessary?!;);)

8 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

The track didn't seem to give him any problems when KL won at Wimborne Road last season!!

...and if all goes to plan with the final signings then Holder will start as a 2nd string!!  Can't wait......:shock::D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Welcome back Noddy on a super low average. He can easily stick one and a half on that.  Teams looking brilliant with one to go.

Love the twitter video clip. 

Tbf it is a lot better than the ones Somerset put out for their signings! :D

• Thanks 1

I know its still early, but would be nice if Chris at least did a twitter comment saying he was pleased to be back at Poole. Well that is if he is happy to be back.

Also Mr Ward not jumping in with an enthusiastic comment other than a sarcy "News to me"

The silence from Chris is a little deafening to say the least.

Just hope he hasn't signed through gritted teeth due to lack of other UK options and Matt not being happy to let him go other than on a full transfer as an asset.

I assume Chris will at some stage break his silence ?? - Well lets hope so otherwise it will say a lot about his resigning...

23 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I know its still early, but would be nice if Chris at least did a twitter comment saying he was pleased to be back at Poole. Well that is if he is happy to be back.

Also Mr Ward not jumping in with an enthusiastic comment other than a sarcy "News to me"

The silence from Chris is a little deafening to say the least.

Just hope he hasn't signed through gritted teeth due to lack of other UK options and Matt not being happy to let him go other than on a full transfer as an asset.

I assume Chris will at some stage break his silence ?? - Well lets hope so otherwise it will say a lot about his resigning...

Did he have any other option than to ride for poole maybe not ?

Horse called Darcy Ward running today at 1 35 any of you guys own it?

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Delusional or trolling?

Kurtz v Morris.................Morris has shown himself to be the better rider in the UK but lets say equal

Holder v Batch..............Again nothing in it 2 riders on the downgrade

Josh v Musielek...........no contest Musielek every time

?  v Bellego............so we dont know who the Poole rider is yet but it will have to be someone pretty good to be better than Bellego did last year

Woryna v Ellis...................on Uk tracks you would have Ellis every time

Saucepan v Zach..................abroad saucepan, over here who knows but im prepared to vote saucepan

Shanes v Davey.................no contest Shanes every time

Cant see for the life of me how Poole are superior in every department......................bit like last season then lol

Josh G was one place below Musielek in the final averages last season having rode at number one all season in a struggling team compared to Musielak riding half the season as a second string for the title winners so fail to see how thats a no contest. 

Also Woryna over Ellis , you have to be joking surely. 

As I have already said, IF Shanes and someone like Sundstrom is the final signing this side will take some stopping IMO. 

Can you imagine Holder gets back to somewhere near his best, Sundstrom signs (he will average 8 in this league no question), Kurtz carries on improving, Woryna brings even half of his Polish form to Poole and the other Pole even just holds his average... lots of ifs but they look more than likely to happen. This Poole side is head and shoulders above the rest and anyone who thinks otherwise is either anti Poole, thick or both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Holder is a steal on that average in my opinion. Lynn fans are bitter over his actions last season, but Buster was the person that bought cheap clay rather than shale, so must take part of the blame. Always found Holder very humble when I have been in his company, & with a good start, think he will end the season as number 1. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Shanes will probably be the rider announced tomorrow.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Seems a steal on 7.16.

I say well done Poole. :D

Or on a downward spiral.  Think the jury is out on that. 

33 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Josh G was one place below Musielek in the final averages last season having rode at number one all season in a struggling team compared to Musielak riding half the season as a second string for the title winners so fail to see how thats a no contest. 

As I have already said, IF Shanes and someone like Sundstrom is the final signing this side will take some stopping IMO. 

Can you imagine Holder gets back to somewhere near his best, Sundstrom signs (he will average 8 in this league no question), Kurtz carries on improving, Woryna brings even half of his Polish form to Poole and the other Pole even just holds his average... lots of ifs but they look more than likely to happen. This Poole side is head and shoulders above the rest and anyone who thinks otherwise is either anti Poole, thick or both.

Your might look at Leicester team sometime as well

40 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I would have Ellis over Woryna in the UK yes. Who knows Woryna could fly but i would rather have proven ability over here.

Josh G isnt getting any better, Musielek is and will improve his average.

The Poole side looks good enough for top 4 i agree but head and shoulders above anything else????  Leicester and the rumoured Belle Vue team look stronger to me and Swindon have put a good side together.

This Poole team has a lot of risks attached. Holder looks on a downward spiral and the rumour is he is only at Poole because he has no choice.

The 2 Poles could bring their form from abroad or simply flop. And as of yet the final signing isnt in. Kurtz needs to step up which he has the potential to do. 

Looks a top 4 side but time will tell.........i remember all the gloating around this time last season!!

Still as Shovlar is telling everyone Poole are the best side i guess we wont have to read his crap about 'Poole being underdogs' before every meeting

Edited by Gavan

Not easy to completely judge a side with two places yet to fill, but it looks very good to me so far. Will have a bit hitting reserve all year, that's a big bonus...

I personally would of kept Hans over Sundstrom even though i have always rated the swede but to average 8 i think will be a  tough  task.The team looks good but there are a few question marks about this team Holder away from home  he has regressed quite alot can he get back i hope so but  maybe he is just to far down that slippery slope.

Edited by Sidney the robin