British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Did he have any other option than to ride for poole maybe not ?

It's common knowledge that Holder wanted to be at Somerset. I'm sure there was other clubs interested too, but Matt Ford demanded a transfer fee and was refusing to loan him out. No club in the current financial climate was going to buy him especially given his unpredictability and by process of elimination he has ended up back at Poole, rather than be clubless.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

It's common knowledge that Holder wanted to be at Somerset. I'm sure there was other clubs interested too, but Matt Ford demanded a transfer fee and was refusing to loan him out. No club in the current financial climate was going to buy him especially given his unpredictability and by process of elimination he has ended up back at Poole, rather than be clubless.

He doesn't want to be anywhere other than Poole. He wants to be with is brother. If Jack signed for BV he would have gone to BV. 

He gets on very well with Middlo and lives in Ringwood its just the lack of Jack. 

Even Jack has said on twitter today that he should be at Poole with Chris. 

12 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I think your right clubless is the key word option had run out i was one who did not want chris back anyway

Edited by ray c

4 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

He doesn't want to be anywhere other than Poole. He wants to be with is brother. If Jack signed for BV he would have gone to BV. 

He gets on very well with Middlo and lives in Ringwood its just the lack of Jack. 

Well that's nice isn't it!!! Good luck Somerset Holder junior has spoken:rolleyes:

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I would have Ellis over Woryna in the UK yes. Who knows Woryna could fly but i would rather have proven ability over here.

Josh G isnt getting any better, Musielek is and will improve his average.

The Poole side looks good enough for top 4 i agree but head and shoulders above anything else????  Leicester and the rumoured Belle Vue team look stronger to me and Swindon have put a good side together.

This Poole team has a lot of risks attached. Holder looks on a downward spiral and the rumour is he is only at Poole because he has no choice.

The 2 Poles could bring their form from abroad or simply flop. And as of yet the final signing isnt in. Kurtz needs to step up which he has the potential to do. 

Looks a top 4 side but time will tell.........i remember all the gloating around this time last season!!

Still as Shovlar is telling everyone Poole are the best side i guess we wont have to read his crap about 'Poole being underdogs' before every meeting

Woryna has proven ability everywhere else and he has ridden over here before and is a lot better rider now,I don't see any reason why he should fail , I expect him to have an average of at least 7 by the end of the season. Szczpaniak  may be a slight risk but he is at reserve so easy pickings for him. I disagree I don't think the rest of the team risky line up at all. Holder cannot drop his average that would be crazy, in my opinion he will end at least a point above his current average. Josh is a  very consistent rider who will easily maintain his average, capable of beating most riders on his day. No idea why you think Musielak should improve. Shanes could prove to be the best number 7 in the league. All in all a great season in prospect and some really exciting racing ahead.

• Like 1

Lol Gavan you talk some real tripe sometimes. You've been making these nonsense analyses for years and you're never right. I've never known somebody so bitter before... I mean it's really weird. If Swindon has the better team, then Swindon will win. But that's not enough for you. You get some sort of weird satisfaction from making sure that you've shoved your opinion down everybody's throat. It's not about the sport for you, it's just about being right.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

How to endear yourself to Somerset supporters Jack Holder, he probably only signed because he thought Chris would be at Somerset.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

He says "he shoulda been with me". 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buttons said:

How to endear yourself to Somerset supporters Jack Holder, he probably only signed because he thought Chris would be at Somerset.

He didn't say he should be at Poole with Chris, he said Chris should be with him.

Bournemouth Echo  

BOSS Matt Ford welcomed back Chris Holder to the Pirates septet and then admitted he could not imagine the former world champion slipping the net again.

Having been overlooked for 2016 due to his mammoth 12.53 average, five-time Elite Leaguewinner Holder has agreed to a 10th season at Poole following a tumultuous campaign at King's Lynn.

And having finally got his man, Ford is desperate to ensure the 30-year-old remains part of the team beyond this year.

Ford told the Daily Echo: "It is a pleasure to have Chris back. He spent a season away which I can assure people was to do with the multiplication of the averages last year.

"I believe Chris Holder and Poole Pirates fit together hand in glove and I don't think it's any surprise that we didn't make the play-off final without him. It's also clear to see that Chris had his poorest year in speedway yet.

"I'm very comfortable having him back. He is part of the furniture. Having let him slip the net once, I can't imagine it would happen again but of course rules and financial circumstances do dictate things at times, as they did last year.

"I hadn't put together a single team for this year which didn't have him in it so while it's taken longer than I would have hoped, I never had any thoughts of Chris not lining up for the Pirates this year.

"We're also speaking about a longer partnership to make sure what happened in 2017 does not happen again."

The arrival of the 7.16-rated charger signals the end of a lengthy winter pursuit. Holder had been keen to race alongside younger brother and Poole asset Jack but with the latter not part of Ford's plans, a link-up at Wimborne Road was not feasible.

Jack instead joined Somerset and although the Rebels were believed to be interested in a loan swoop for his older sibling, Ford did not wish to sanction a second Holder loan departure.

Ford added: "I've already gone on record to say that the delay between myself and Chris was not anything financial. Chris wanted to enhance his brother's career and felt it would have been better being in the same team in 2018. Unfortunately, I had done the team in a different way this year.

"I respect Chris's point of view. It was never that he didn't want to join Poole, it was only that he felt he would be able to help his brother's career by being with him.

"But I am pleased that Chris has understood the club's needs. In the long term, I am hoping the two of them will both be here."

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

I would have Ellis over Woryna in the UK yes. Who knows Woryna could fly but i would rather have proven ability over here.

Josh G isnt getting any better, Musielek is and will improve his average.

The Poole side looks good enough for top 4 i agree but head and shoulders above anything else????  Leicester and the rumoured Belle Vue team look stronger to me and Swindon have put a good side together.

This Poole team has a lot of risks attached. Holder looks on a downward spiral and the rumour is he is only at Poole because he has no choice.

The 2 Poles could bring their form from abroad or simply flop. And as of yet the final signing isnt in. Kurtz needs to step up which he has the potential to do. 

Looks a top 4 side but time will tell.........i remember all the gloating around this time last season!!

Still as Shovlar is telling everyone Poole are the best side i guess we wont have to read his crap about 'Poole being underdogs' before every meeting

Opinions are opinions but again cant see how Josh G isnt getting any better , had his best season last season as , apart from Cook was the best rider in the championshup and stepped up and averaged over 7 as a number one in the Premieeship. Had his best season in the UK by some distance

5 hours ago, Gavan said:

Delusional or trolling?

Kurtz v Morris.................Morris has shown himself to be the better rider in the UK but lets say equal

Holder v Batch..............Again nothing in it 2 riders on the downgrade

Josh v Musielek...........no contest Musielek every time

?  v Bellego............so we dont know who the Poole rider is yet but it will have to be someone pretty good to be better than Bellego did last year

Woryna v Ellis...................on Uk tracks you would have Ellis every time

Saucepan v Zach..................abroad saucepan, over here who knows but im prepared to vote saucepan

Shanes v Davey.................no contest Shanes every time

Cant see for the life of me how Poole are superior in every department......................bit like last season then lol

What a load of bull.

Woryna is miles better than Ellis in any country. 

Wajtknecht will never be on the same level as Szczepaniak in any country.

Grajczonek rode at No.1 for Somerset whilst Musielak was a second string. Grajczonek puts in consistent showings around all tracks apart from Wolves but then again that isn't a proper race track anyway.

Kurtz is improving year on year whilst Morris is still riding in the Championship because no top flight club in Poland or Sweden want him.

Sundstrom will wipe the floor with Bellego. 

Davey will probably get sacked after 4 weeks so I doubt he will even have the chance to race against Shanes but if he does then Shanes will sail off into the sunset

C. Holder has and always will be better than Batchelor.

The only team who will get close to us so far is Leicester.

Nobody needs to worry about Holder because he will do a professional job.

Very good friends with Middlo and he will keep Chris happy. 

Can also have a laugh and a joke with the Aussie boys (Kurtz & Grajczonek)