British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Badge said:

Better edit this then.....

Good luck POOLE Holder Junior has WARNED  you,:wink:

Well lets hope both Holders have great seasons as well as Brady Kurtz and Josh G as we could  well have 4 Aussies in the team for 2019.

Hopefully Jack will improve both as a rider and be mentally stronger for his season away and now with Torun. No doubt living with Chris and travelling to Poland as well as being at each others meetings when situations allow will also with luck help both of them long term.

I will be happy to see Jack bang in some big scores even against us at Poole or at Somerset this season just to show us who believe in him that he is long term an asset and team member worth having.

Hopefully what happened in the past as regards to some of the attitude and frustration comments made will stay exactly there i.e in the past.

52 minutes ago, Col said:

Yet it has been voted best prepared track in the top tier of British Speedway more often than any other.

prepared YES racing NO !!

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well that's down to Jack, maybe he'll zip it a bit more now. 

In a happy environment, on a well prepared racers track and good team unlike last year I can see Jack really prospering in 2018.

8 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

prepared YES racing NO !!

I don't particularly enjoy watching racing on the tight confines of Monmore Green but rarely is there a meeting staged at the venue which lacks passing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

In a happy environment, on a well prepared racers track and good team unlike last year I can see Jack really prospering in 2018.

:blink::lol::lol:

If our team wasn't good last year that what the heck was Somerset??! :blink::blink::D

2 minutes ago, Col said:

I don't particularly enjoy watching racing on the tight confines of Monmore Green but rarely is there a meeting staged at the venue which lacks passing.

Passing because away riders gate and don't ride in the right place on the track and the Wolves riders pass them. Better racing at Somerset and BV I suspect. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

:blink::lol::lol:

If our team wasn't good last year that what the heck was Somerset??! :blink::blink::D

Worse? :blink: Anyway it doesn't matter because my dad is bigger than your dad!

15 minutes ago, Col said:

correct when they go into death valley bend 2 so dangerous need to take the camber away !!

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Nobody needs to worry about Holder because he will do a professional job.

Very good friends with Middlo and he will keep Chris happy. 

So in order to do a professional job he needs to be kept happy?   

I personally think the Poole team now is miles better than the Swindon team at this moment. We will get pummelled at reserve. I don't agree about Kurtz being better than Morris over here but apart from that I think man to man they have us everywhere else. But as we know from last year, the league isn't won in January!!

10 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

So in order to do a professional job he needs to be kept happy?   

Yep! He's not the only rider like that though, that's why clubs don't tend to sign riders who don't want to be there! 

THE late, great Charles Ochiltree told me a zillion years ago that he would put together a team in which the riders wanted to ride for Coventry and got along with each other. Then averages came along and he had to put together a set of numbers which never worked as well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE late, great Charles Ochiltree told me a zillion years ago that he would put together a team in which the riders wanted to ride for Coventry and got along with each other. Then averages came along and he had to put together a set of numbers which never worked as well.

He didn't have to. He could have still signed a team under the limit.

35 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Of course it is always wise to take what these old duffers said with a large pinch of salt.

The record of Coventry before 1979 under the old Rider Control Committee and after under the CMA formluas is remarkably similar.
Actually, perhaps even better in some ways "when the averages came along"

Not so much a failing of the avarages based system at all.
Those promoters like Bamforth spent oodles more cash and others were (perhaps) just better skilled at working to the new regime than the CEO felt he was, especially after Peter Adams left Brandon.
But the Bees still managed well, without the need to lament the change.

Edited by Grand Central