British Speedway Forum

28 minutes ago, Gavan said:

He should be a certainty for a place.

Increased his average....entertained the crowd.........and a young brit......why should he not be signed?

Think majority agree with you Gav.

Problem Ford faces is at this later stage could he get another 7 plus quality rider if they cant get Sundstrom (as strongly rumoured) if the Poles don't lift the max 3 league rule. If they don't lift the rule then it may also exclude other 7 plus possibilities, or those who can be afforded without megabucks deals for salary/equip/travelling/mechanics etc.

IF they don't lift the rule perhaps his thinking is that to compensate the loss of a 7 plus rider he may be partly forced in to 2 stronger lower av riders in the 5 plus area or he would face Shanes at 2.88 (or around that with the young Brit reduction) and maybe a 6 rider thus losing some available points available in team building.

Also think of how KL may be in trouble if the POLES don't lift it as I am sure they are banking on getting NKI back and he would also be out if they don't.

P.S: For those who don't realise why Sundstrom cant be signed yet is because he rides BOTH leagues in SWE as well as POL and has already signed for 2018. Meaning that as we speak he is on his 3 league max. I mention it as some contributors didn't seem aware assuming he was on just 2 leagues with SWE/POL. Nope its 3 hence the delay while the POLES continue to play the game of "We are the greatest league in the World and we will decide if we want to lift the rule when we want to".

Sundstrom rode in the Swedish Allsvenskan last year, I guess that counts as his third league.

I do hope Chris Holder is pulling our leg with the picture of what looks like 2 busted wrists in A&E on his twitter page this morning......

If this guy has seriously injured himself then there should be some serious questions asked by Matt if its some kind of motorcycling accident when he is not even competition riding. If its true I do hope we have not lost one of out top riders for ??? months and then he has to get back to full fitness.

Cant see any other posts from him since he shared it with Crump and another (plus anyone who follows him).

Will also be somewhat galling that he has not posted to my knowledge one single comment about how pleased he is to be back at Poole (or any other positive comment about returning), yet if true he is more than happy to share some personal injury misfortune to anyone following him on twitter.

Anyway it may not even be him or it may be an old photo, but even so as it stands it doesn't look too clever and surely raises maybe some doubts on his availability for the season start.

Also if true I bet Matt Ford will be less than a happy bunny with the Poles also still dragging their feet on the 3 league rule thus slowing up the Sundtrom announcement (as well as poor James Shanes who is awaiting the outcome as its all linked).

9 minutes ago, Col said:

Sundstrom rode in the Swedish Allsvenskan last year, I guess that counts as his third league.

Correct Sir - Hence the delay.

He has already signed quite early for another ALLSV team for 2018 as well as the SWE Elite and with Gorzow in POL that's his 3 (as it stands).

Let's hope the POLES do get it sorted sooner as its dragged on for too long already.

21 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Yes. Something he has to eradicate but he is only 21.

On the positives every completed ride unbeaten in both rounds  its just the EF/FALL/EXCL that probably have stopped him being top of the leader board.

Anyway its all good practice for 2018.

agreed

great rider but as i said earlier is prone to the odd silly ride......often gets 3 wins and then a 2 and a 0 for example or gets himself excluded.

Cut those out and could be top of the averages

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

agreed

great rider but as i said earlier is prone to the odd silly ride......often gets 3 wins and then a 2 and a 0 for example or gets himself excluded.

Cut those out and could be top of the averages

Agreed Gav.

Its something I also noticed with him last year.

Problem we have with Brady is too many still make comparisons with Darcy Ward which of course the sensible amongst us know he is not. But the better he performs the comparisons with many die hard Poole fans is the more he is compared which I think is unfair being that 2017 was only his second in the Prem.

But suppose when you have had Holder who WAS a W/C and was so good for so long and also Darcy being the phenomenon he was, there will always be the comparisons and pressure when riding for the same team so closely behind those 2 legends. Also having done so much in respect of his AV in such a short period.

I really do hope that others like Woryna do step up to back him up as also maybe Holder and if signed Sundstrom and even Josh G as its unfair for him to be thrust in the deep end so young. But suppose if you have got the talent you ultimately have to live up to it.

1 hour ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Because he isn't a lock for a team place. 

If we get Sundstrom or a rider of that calibre then Shanes is in. 

If we can only get a 5.5 or a 6 point rider then Shanes wont be.

Although its obviously the final 2 are Sundstrom and Shanes.

Most of your predictions never happen so i will take that with a pinch of salt and to be honest if i was James i would of tried to get fixed up elsewhere.Zach W at Swindon and Shanes both should of been certainties for a place both will improve a no brainer really.If he does not get a place it will be a utter disgrace  a rider who does not get mentioned Mark Riss a talented rider who will improve could he be an option for somebody.?

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Most of your predictions never happen so i will take that with a pinch of salt and to be honest if i was James i would of tried to get fixed up elsewhere.Zach W at Swindon and Shanes both should of been certainties for a place both will improve a no brainer really.If he does not get a place it will be a utter disgrace  a rider who does not get mentioned Mark Riss a talented rider who will improve could he be an option for somebody.?

I think james also needs to expiore all his options im sure there is a place waiting for him in manchester !!!!

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I do hope Chris Holder is pulling our leg with the picture of what looks like 2 busted wrists in A&E on his twitter page this morning......

If this guy has seriously injured himself then there should be some serious questions asked by Matt if its some kind of motorcycling accident when he is not even competition riding. If its true I do hope we have not lost one of out top riders for ??? months and then he has to get back to full fitness.

Cant see any other posts from him since he shared it with Crump and another (plus anyone who follows him).

Will also be somewhat galling that he has not posted to my knowledge one single comment about how pleased he is to be back at Poole (or any other positive comment about returning), yet if true he is more than happy to share some personal injury misfortune to anyone following him on twitter.

Anyway it may not even be him or it may be an old photo, but even so as it stands it doesn't look too clever and surely raises maybe some doubts on his availability for the season start.

Also if true I bet Matt Ford will be less than a happy bunny with the Poles also still dragging their feet on the 3 league rule thus slowing up the Sundtrom announcement (as well as poor James Shanes who is awaiting the outcome as its all linked).

I think you will find they are injuries caused by getting off the handcuffs put on him by Mr Ford

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think james also needs to expiore all his options im sure there is a place waiting for him in manchester !!!!

Ray he is a rider who is so exciting, at the Abbey at the end of the season he was great value imagine him and Bewley at reserve for Belle Vue it would be exciting times for there fans.

• Like 2

I see that Chris Holder has just signed up for a new Team Hancock Raj. Some form of new Speedway Team concept according to WP Sport Fackty.

From his comments he also seem quite excited at the venture. His comments as copied from the article in the last 10 mins.

The Australian does not hide that he is positive about working with his older colleague. When Greg invited me to this project, I thought it was amazing. I knew right away that I wanted to be involved in this program. It does not often happen to be part of something like that and I'm excited about it. Greg and Rafał have big plans. We will be like a motocross team, where everything is planned and done to the max.  I can not wait for the beginning of this cooperation. Last season was not easy for me, but it seems to me that this is a new beginning and a really nice opportunity for a fresh start - said Holder.

Unquote

Interesting isn't it that he is more than happy to make comments in the POL press about this so called exciting new venture, but not a single word from the man about signing and returning to Poole in 2018.

Is it really that obvious that he doesn't want to be there in 2018 ???. I think near enough every major rider who has signed for a UK team has put comments out on social media about how happy they are to be riding for xyz in 2018 or have made comments via other media outlets about how happy they are.

Unfortunately Mr Holder has given us nothing to date. Even maybe a watered down "Back at Poole for 2018, and a thumbs up" would be better than total silence on his UK Club for 2018. We know he is using twitter as he is posting old injury photos to his friends while viewing the Aussie Champ.,

Is it really that painful to put something out to the Poole Fans who ultimately will be paying a fair chunk of his UK income.

CH retweeted the Poole twitter video announcing his return.

as for this Hancock thing, rings of Hancock/Hamill hock up a while back. Team Exide?

Look don't get me wrong as I am a Chris Fan (as a rider that is).

I was not aware re the twitter as have not seen it but exactly the same was put out on his website yesterday.

The point I am making is that he has only put out the official announcement in which even that only has Matts comments with nothing in the way of comment from Chris.

Its is normal for riders to put out a personal comment from themselves saying they are pleased or happy to be riding in 2018 for ??? and are looking forward to riding or in Chris's case returning to the club.

Is it me or is there nothing in the way of any personal comment from Chris, which is what is making me think he is doing this near enough against his own wishes and only because without Poole he had no other option which perhaps could also have maybe affected his visa??

Someone like Hans Andersen would have made a comment about how happy he would have been to be returning to Poole as no doubt most other senior heat leader figures (or even normal middle/lower riders) would have put out more personal messages other than just forwarding the clubs statement which had no personal input/comment from the rider himself.

Its hardly welcoming himself back into the hearts of the Poole supporters although I suppose irrespective of what he thinks, ultimately its what he does on the track that matters. I am sure if he doesn't perform then we know what the ultimate outcome will be either mid or end of the 2018 season.

Lets hope that's not the case. Would have been nice to have seen something from the guy personally though and I think many Poole fans would agree.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Look don't get me wrong as I am a Chris Fan (as a rider that is).

I was not aware re the twitter as have not seen it but exactly the same was put out on his website yesterday.

The point I am making is that he has only put out the official announcement in which even that only has Matts comments with nothing in the way of comment from Chris.

Its is normal for riders to put out a personal comment from themselves saying they are pleased or happy to be riding in 2018 for ??? and are looking forward to riding or in Chris's case returning to the club.

Is it me or is there nothing in the way of any personal comment from Chris, which is what is making me think he is doing this near enough against his own wishes and only because without Poole he had no other option which perhaps could also have maybe affected his visa??

Someone like Hans Andersen would have made a comment about how happy he would have been to be returning to Poole as no doubt most other senior heat leader figures (or even normal middle/lower riders) would have put out more personal messages other than just forwarding the clubs statement which had no personal input/comment from the rider himself.

Its hardly welcoming himself back into the hearts of the Poole supporters although I suppose irrespective of what he thinks, ultimately its what he does on the track that matters. I am sure if he doesn't perform then we know what the ultimate outcome will be either mid or end of the 2018 season.

Lets hope that's not the case. Would have been nice to have seen something from the guy personally though and I think many Poole fans would agree.

You say that but Woryna put hardly anything up. Just a picture really. And only that SGP page actually spoke about him really. 

Josh G put up nothing and he has Instagram. 

Matt S put up nothing. 

Only Brady put stuff up really. 

6 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I don’t know also but saw the photo. Have you read Polish Extraliga contract for 2018. There is a clause in it, that a rider is fined big time if injured outside of speedway. That includes falling down stairs, one of the reasons I believe Hancock not doing Extraliga. There are some other unbelievable clauses in it also.