British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Musielak ladt season? No difference.

Yup. And look who had the strongest side.

Easy to say that but I doubt anyone would have expected KK to be so pathetic.

Looking at the lineups Swindon are nowhere near strong enough to retain next season. No big improvers and no big hitting reserves. Looks like last year was a blip and its back to mediocrity for the Robins. While normal service resumed for Pirates? Looking possible.

You are so cock sure of yourself after last year you would of thought you would of taken a low profile.All the other Poole fans Ray C,  Foreverblue (ect) are all pretty grounded people  they are hopeful of course but they know it will be tough nothing in speedway is a gimme.As for your take on the Robins total rubbish the top four dont need to improve and Adam  and Zach will put a point ( minimum) on there averages i predict Zach will be very solid at home before his spleen injury he was very impressive a rider who has a big future Ellis is the key he could put 1.5 on his average.

• Like 1

Easy to say that but I doubt anyone would have expected KK to be so pathetic.

Looking at the lineups Swindon are nowhere near strong enough to retain next season. No big improvers and no big hitting reserves. Looks like last year was a blip and its back to mediocrity for the Robins. While normal service resumed for Pirates? Looking possible.

I agree that KK’s performances contributed to the Pirates problems last season, however, you did have the strongest reserve by an absolute mile and should have done much better than you did. You were the bookies favourites had a strong start, yet limped in to the play offs because other teams changes were made a fraction too late.

Woryna is a good signing and I fully expect  him to put at least two points on his current average and a revitalised Holder could see you challenge once again but it’s all ifs, buts and maybe’s.

I’d be happy for Swindon to make the play offs. For me, it’s how we carry Davey and when can he be replaced.

The top 5 are solid and as you rightly point out, no big improvers, although more to come from Ellis and Alpen.

I would say Poole, on paper, have the bigger improvers and more potential but Swindon look more solid. 

Luckily, speedway is not ridden on paper, although it’s a much smoother surface than Wimbourne Road.:P

20 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Terms agreed with Pawlicki after getting permission from Wolves - just the outstanding question of what average he may still be re-assessed on?! ;):approve:

Ha ha. That's given me several minutes of good catching up!!

However, the first part of my post is 100% correct. 

I made no comment at all about him being in the starting line-up as all the 9 point (now 8 point?) assessed averages for GP riders are clearly for initial team-building to the 42.50 limit.  Woe betide any of the starting top 4 (or 5) who may not perform to their abilities or may even get injured before the first set of new averages cos there would be a ready-made replacement with a valid 7 point average from the last time he rode in the EL, waiting in the wings - terms agreed; sponsorship sorted - whats not to like?!;);):D:approve:

Who knows - it could also apply to other riders eg Lindback - but it doesn't!!;)

As others have said, the first option - subject to the Poles ruling - is Sundstrom and Shanes.

I can't see at the moment where this Poole side are nailed on to win the league like some people have been saying .Brady holder and Josh yes not convinced about the two polish riders so far both second string riders and not always consistent hopefully James will be there and one more who ever that may be jmo

Edited by ray c

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I made no comment at all about him being in the starting line-up as all the 9 point (now 8 point?) assessed averages for GP riders are clearly for initial team-building to the 42.50 limit.  Woe betide any of the starting top 4 (or 5) who may not perform to their abilities or may even get injured before the first set of new averages cos there would be a ready-made replacement with a valid 7 point average from the last time he rode in the EL, waiting in the wings - terms agreed; sponsorship sorted - whats not to like?!;);):D:approve:

Who knows - it could also apply to other riders eg Lindback - but it doesn't!!;)

As others have said, the first option - subject to the Poles ruling - is Sundstrom and Shanes.

Come on Skidder. You knew full well what putting out a comment worded in the way it was would cause on the Forum. Especially when some of us have come to expect some of your advance hints/comments to be sensible/credible.

More than happy if its Sundstrom but had there been a reassessment of Pawlicki it could have been so much better. At least we can kick this one into the long grass (for now) ;)

You will no doubt however have great joy in reminding all come next mid season of the above post SHOULD a rider get dropped for not performing and a certain Mr Pawlicki gets signed :D

• Like 1

If it is Sundstrom  I don't see he is better than Hans and will do well to achieve the 7.75 average that Hans achieved last season.  Personally think it will turn out to be a mistake not getting Hans back.

• Like 1

Sundstrom’s priorities lie elsewhere and 3 wins and 10 last places from 32 starts in Poland don’t bode well.

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If they change the two over eight rule or the assessed average for GP riders that is clearly wrong and should not be allowed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Sundstrom’s priorities lie elsewhere and 3 wins and 10 last places from 32 starts in Poland don’t bode well.

I agree it doesn't and I am surprised Matt Ford seems to think he will be better than a committed Hans.

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I agree it doesn't and I am surprised Matt Ford seems to think he will be better than a committed Hans.

....but far easier to replace than Hans if he underperforms?!!! :P

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

....but far easier to replace than Hans if he underperforms?!!! :P

You wouldn't need to replace Hans because he wouldn't underperform, Sundstrom is much more of a risk and starts on a lower average so would have less to play with to replace on a one for one basis.

• Like 1

I see your number one rider has been beaten yet again in Australia by a second string rider.

10 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

I see your number one rider has been beaten yet again in Australia by a second string rider.

Kurtz does seem to have an issue in being able to close meetings out.

Wins all his races then mucks up or chokes when it matters, bit like the play offs 3,2,3 then with Poole only 4 or 5 behind (cant remember which) he runs 2 last places.

Cuts out the mistakes and could challenge Doyle or Morris as the best rider in the league this season

Looks like Shanes could be Belle Vue bound.

If i was him i would sign for Belle Vue, why wait and see what might happen and then be left without a place if Poole go a different route?

Shanes and Bewley at reserve would be a sight to behold at the NSS