British Speedway Forum

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You wouldn't need to replace Hans because he wouldn't underperform, Sundstrom is much more of a risk and starts on a lower average so would have less to play with to replace on a one for one basis.

I know you are a fan of Hans but he really is a journeyman nowdays, cramming in as many meetings as possible so he doesn’t need to average high. At times last year he was poor, being beaten easily by the worst rider in the league, Smith, at Belle Vue.

younger, more hungry riders needed with the desire to try and win every heat. The time was right for Hans to move on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I can't see at the moment where this Poole side are nailed on to win the league like some people have been saying .Brady holder and Josh yes not convinced about the two polish riders so far both second string riders and not always consistent hopefully James will be there and one more who ever that may be jmo

Both Poles are going to do very well.  You should catch up with some Polish meetings on Youtube. Plenty there to see their potential.  Think Woryna will be challenging for heat leader next season.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Both Poles are going to do very well.  You should catch up with some Polish meetings on Youtube. Plenty there to see their potential.  Think Woryna will be challenging for heat leader next season.

This is the uk not poland seen it all before with polish riders!!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Kurtz does seem to have an issue in being able to close meetings out.

Wins all his races then mucks up or chokes when it matters, bit like the play offs 3,2,3 then with Poole only 4 or 5 behind (cant remember which) he runs 2 last places.

Cuts out the mistakes and could challenge Doyle or Morris as the best rider in the league this season

No chance, both Jason and Nick will out score him  

42 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Looks like Shanes could be Belle Vue bound.

If i was him i would sign for Belle Vue, why wait and see what might happen and then be left without a place if Poole go a different route?

Shanes and Bewley at reserve would be a sight to behold at the NSS

James Shanes is a local lad with Poole in his heart why would he ride elsewhere if he could ride for Poole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

James Shanes is a local lad with Poole in his heart why would he ride elsewhere if he could ride for Poole.

And why do two very long journeys a week to the other end of the country when Poole is just 15 miles up the road?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I know you are a fan of Hans but he really is a journeyman nowdays, cramming in as many meetings as possible so he doesn’t need to average high. At times last year he was poor, being beaten easily by the worst rider in the league, Smith, at Belle Vue.

younger, more hungry riders needed with the desire to try and win every heat. The time was right for Hans to move on.

Yes I admit I like Hans always have and I agree he isn't getting any better but Hans is a real team man who helps a lot in the pits too and I think he will be missed. Also a team needs good reliable riders as well as riders likely to improve a lot.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

not sure he had any interest in speedway poole or other until recently

• Like 1

I see that Brady went through the card again in the latest round of the Aussie Championship. He really is a cut above the opposition in this event. Got pipped by a fast gating Holder in the final but virtually unbeatable. In fact Holder is the first rider to beat him over 4 laps this championship. The only points Brady has dropped is for an exclusion and EF.

Let’s hope he comes into the speedway season over here in similar devastating form and battles to retain his number one berth.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

what does that have to do with it??

Mark Loram lived near Ipswich but still rode for Exeter (his grandparents came form that way).

Lawrence Hare used to commute from Ipswich to Edinburgh.

Shanes rides on the continent weekends grasstracking and had no interest in speedway until last season and now all of a sudden because he is local he will only ride for Poole lol

You do write some weird and wonderful stuff at times

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I see that Brady went through the card again in the latest round of the Aussie Championship. He really is a cut above the opposition in this event. Got pipped by a fast gating Holder in the final but virtually unbeatable. In fact Holder is the first rider to beat him over 4 laps this championship. The only points Brady has dropped is for an exclusion and EF.

Let’s hope he comes into the speedway season over here in similar devastating form and battles to retain his number one berth.

Equal first with Tungate after 3 rounds - consistent or what?! - one round to go!!:lol:

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I guess your glasses are failing you.

Round One, engine failure then excluded for falling on his own

Round Two, excluded for taking off Holder

Round Three, beaten by Jack Holder.

Brady Kurtz is Pooles number one rider.

He is riding against teams second or third heat leaders (Fricke, Masters) ans other teams second strings ( Tungate, Holder)

He should be totally dominant but as like heat 13 in the second leg of the play off final he sort of messes it up when it matters.

If you class beating second strings (and being beaten by one in Holder in the final) as devastating form then you are very easily pleased.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Equal first with Tungate after 3 rounds - consistent or what?! - one round to go!!:lol:

Belle Vues 4th best rider..............powerful stuff from Kurtz to be tied with him 

Edited by Gavan
spelling

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And why do two very long journeys a week to the other end of the country when Poole is just 15 miles up the road?

No good being close if he isn't offered a team slot if the deal is right he may go to ever offers first