British Speedway Forum

21 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Belle Vues 4th best rider..............powerful stuff from Kurtz to be tied with him 

It’s the Aus championship! Means jack all really!! 

Kurtz won Aus Championship and was pretty poor that season. So doesn’t really matter 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poolebolton said:

Kurtz won Aus Championship and was pretty poor that season. So doesn’t really matter 

Totally agree especially when the 2 best Aussies Doyle and Morris arent riding........bit like the British Final with no Tai and Cook really

Kurtz should be dominating really

3 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Not really  as he could repeat that in 2018 when meeting decent riders.

38 minutes ago, Gavan said:

what does that have to do with it??

Mark Loram lived near Ipswich but still rode for Exeter (his grandparents came form that way).

Lawrence Hare used to commute from Ipswich to Edinburgh.

Shanes rides on the continent weekends grasstracking and had no interest in speedway until last season and now all of a sudden because he is local he will only ride for Poole lol

You do write some weird and wonderful stuff at times

Why would you travel to  ride for another club when you can ride for your local club. Speedway riders have to travel to wherever their club is but if you don't need to why would you do it.

But the main point would be is that he would rather ride for the club he has supported and has in his heart.

44 minutes ago, poole keith said:

not sure he had any interest in speedway poole or other until recently

40 minutes ago, Gavan said:

what does that have to do with it??

Mark Loram lived near Ipswich but still rode for Exeter (his grandparents came form that way).

Lawrence Hare used to commute from Ipswich to Edinburgh.

Shanes rides on the continent weekends grasstracking and had no interest in speedway until last season and now all of a sudden because he is local he will only ride for Poole lol

You do write some weird and wonderful stuff at times

Not sure where all the no interest in Speedway has come from? Shanes has been riding NL since 2013 so covering plenty of UK miles along with his Grasstrack & Longtrack commitments. Poole obviously would be a benefit to him as it would make local sponsorship easier to come by but with new bikes being built & 10 engines on his work bench id say its likely he knows he has a Premiership berth somewhere.

12 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Totally agree especially when the 2 best Aussies Doyle and Morris arent riding........bit like the British Final with no Tai and Cook really

Fricke should be the best rider, what's the matter with him, we are always being told how good he is and will be a regular in the gp's  in the future yet he can't win races in his own country.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Fricke should be the best rider, what's the matter with him, we are always being told how good he is and will be a regular in the gp's  in the future yet he can't win races in his own country.

Why should Fricke be the best rider?

Kurtz outperformed him last season by over half a point and is the better long term prospect.

Kurtz is a number one rider and Fricke is a second or third heat leader.

As said Kurtz should be winning this aussie title at a canter without Doyle and Morris there.

But i agree Fricke has underperformed out there so far.

19 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why would you travel to  ride for another club when you can ride for your local club. Speedway riders have to travel to wherever their club is but if you don't need to why would you do it.

But the main point would be is that he would rather ride for the club he has supported and has in his heart.

Money would be the main thing for them travelling i would assume.If you can earn much more somewhere else you will travel.

23 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Why should Fricke be the best rider?

Kurtz outperformed him last season by over half a point and is the better long term prospect.

Kurtz is a number one rider and Fricke is a second or third heat leader.

As said Kurtz should be winning this aussie title at a canter without Doyle and Morris there.

But i agree Fricke has underperformed out there so far.

A lot of people have said Fricke is the best young Australian rider and will be in the GP's, personally he has never convinced me he is the required standard.

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, lisa-colette said:

Tbf it is a lot better than the ones Somerset put out for their signings! :D

Sorry ! Were you talking through the chair or that which you place on it ???!!! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Below are Brady's scores in the Aussie Championship you claim he should be dominating, while insinuating he isn't...

r1 = 3 3 DNF 3 3 FEX

r2 = 3 3 3 3 3 FEX

r3 = 3 3 3 3 3 2

So, he's only been beaten once in three rounds when he has completed the race. Your post on this subject is EXACTLY why people hate you on here Gavan. You are a troll and t*sser. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think the Kurtz Fricke arguement was sorted when Kurtz signed for Leszno to start while Fricke was signed by Sparta to be number 8. 

And yes yes I understand with new rules Fricke can take lots of rides but still shows that Kurtz is above Fricke now. 

And i do support Sparta in Poland so want. Fricke to go well there. 

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

More a case of DC being extremely bothered about the look of the Poole team that's so far been assembled and hoping against all hope for a chink of light for his beloved Robins. 

With Leicester already looking stronger than Swindon and Poole likely to match, Swindon might scrape into the playoffs with their current team. But that's about it. 

I reckon he's been eating too much ice cream & has got brain freeze. My monies' on Swindon to finish 1st or 2nd in the league. Injury permitting of course as that can be a big leveller in any season.

5 hours ago, theblueboy said:

I agree that KK’s performances contributed to the Pirates problems last season, however, you did have the strongest reserve by an absolute mile and should have done much better than you did. You were the bookies favourites had a strong start, yet limped in to the play offs because other teams changes were made a fraction too late.

Woryna is a good signing and I fully expect  him to put at least two points on his current average and a revitalised Holder could see you challenge once again but it’s all ifs, buts and maybe’s.

I’d be happy for Swindon to make the play offs. For me, it’s how we carry Davey and when can he be replaced.

The top 5 are solid and as you rightly point out, no big improvers, although more to come from Ellis and Alpen.

I would say Poole, on paper, have the bigger improvers and more potential but Swindon look more solid. 

Luckily, speedway is not ridden on paper, although it’s a much smoother surface than Wimbourne Road.:P

Remember Swindon carried a reserve for all of last season & they won the title. Wolves were not particularly strong at reserve & they contested the final. It's not all about the reserves any longer.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

As i have said Brady Kurtz should be dominating the Aussie champs.............being a number one over here means he shouldnt really be beaten at all against top flight second strings and second or third heat leaders.

I havent once said he isnt dominating , ive simply said he is doing what he should be doing.......

35 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

Below are Brady's scores in the Aussie Championship you claim he should be dominating, while insinuating he isn't...

r1 = 3 3 DNF 3 3 FEX

r2 = 3 3 3 3 3 FEX

r3 = 3 3 3 3 3 2

So, he's only been beaten once in three rounds when he has completed the race. Your post on this subject is EXACTLY why people hate you on here Gavan. You are a troll and t*sser. 

My post is that Brady Kurtz is doing what he should be doing he is beating inferior riders...but as usual finds a way to blow the races that matter.

Please tell me how and where i have trolled please.

I said Brady Kurtz should be dominating and he is.

Ive said he is blowing the big races and he is.

Ive said its easier for him as the 2 best Aussies, Doyle and Morris arent there.

None of that is trolling.

Oh and as for your abusive language ive reported you byeee