British Speedway Forum

@Gavan I knew you'd report me. Not really fussed. You and others  (Matt Ford Fan, please stand up) make this forum a cesspit that is barely worth participating in. I occasionally read it rather be an active member because of your direct behaviour, and that of others. 

I stand by what I said. You're a troll and a t*sser. 

To quote a mutual acquaintance, do us a favour and go play in traffic. < That should be enough to get a slight ban I guess, but oh noes. woe is me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

@Gavan I knew you'd report me. Not really fussed. You and others  (Matt Ford Fan, please stand up) make this forum a cesspit that is barely worth participating in. I occasionally read it rather be an active member because of your direct behaviour, and that of others. 

I stand by what I said. You're a troll and a t*sser. 

To quote a mutual acquaintance, do us a favour and go play in traffic. < That should be enough to get a slight ban I guess, but oh noes. woe is me.

Are you having a bad day?:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

A lot of people have said Fricke is the best young Australian rider and will be in the GP's, personally he has never convinced me he is the required standard.

at least he has been a world under 21 champ with some decent poles in it !!! 

• Haha 1

Fricke is quality, it's pretty plain to see. I wouldn't use Aussie championships as much of a barometer, averages from the Polish, Swedish and British top divisions are a better indication. World U21 results where applicable are also a good gauge. If you can beat the cream of the Polish youngsters on their missile bikes then you have got something about you.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gavan said:

Yes they did many people on here including Poole fans could see it was a dodgy signing, only a couple of blue tints thought otherwise.

Same as people are undecided over Holder

Same as nobody knows how the Poles will go.

Nothing better than seeing someone so cocksure being brought down a peg or two

That's why we love it when your predictions turn out to be wrong!

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Belle Vues 4th best rider..............powerful stuff from Kurtz to be tied with him 

I can't wait to quote all these posts back to you in the future. Anybody (well... clearly not quite) can see that Kurtz has heaps of talent under his belt, he's just developing his groove. Darcy Ward was another rider who was very up and down, and he went on to be the best rider to grace a speedway bike in decades. Stop slagging the lad off and just wait and see. So boring to see you determined to bring everybody down a peg. Does your wife wear the trousers or something?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

That's why we love it when your predictions turn out to be wrong!

yes like when i said KK would flop

or when i said Poole would lose to Rye House at home

or when i said it was wrong to sack Newman

or when i said Poole would make top 4 but not win the league

any more you need?

I just love how some Poole fans love their side while slagging off all the others.

That happened last season and was quite funny when it all blew up.

Pooles 1-7 looks good enough again for top 4...............but not title winners yet

1 minute ago, BurntFaceMan said:

I can't wait to quote all these posts back to you in the future. Anybody (well... clearly not quite) can see that Kurtz has heaps of talent under his belt, he's just developing his groove. Darcy Ward was another rider who was very up and down, and he went on to be the best rider to grace a speedway bike in decades. Stop slagging the lad off and just wait and see. So boring to see you determined to bring everybody down a peg. Does your wife wear the trousers or something?

Please please please find me the post where i have slagged Kurtz off???

Ive said he has more potential than most riders

Ive said his form means he should dominate the Aussie champs

The only thing he needs to curb is the odd bad ride ....like he keeps doing in Aus and had a habit of doing last season, which many Poole fans have agreed with me on.

Ive also said on paper he is one of the weakest number ones in the league but he has the most potential.

If you take that as 'slagging off' then you are very easily bruised.

I dont wish to bring everyone down a peg or two..............just the 3 or 4 Poole fans on here .....the majority are fine

On 1/10/2018 at 12:16 PM, Gavan said:

agreed

great rider but as i said earlier is prone to the odd silly ride......often gets 3 wins and then a 2 and a 0 for example or gets himself excluded.

Cut those out and could be top of the averages

On 1/10/2018 at 12:25 PM, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Agreed Gav.

Its something I also noticed with him last year.

Problem we have with Brady is too many still make comparisons with Darcy Ward which of course the sensible amongst us know he is not. But the better he performs the comparisons with many die hard Poole fans is the more he is compared which I think is unfair being that 2017 was only his second in the Prem.

But suppose when you have had Holder who WAS a W/C and was so good for so long and also Darcy being the phenomenon he was, there will always be the comparisons and pressure when riding for the same team so closely behind those 2 legends. Also having done so much in respect of his AV in such a short period.

I really do hope that others like Woryna do step up to back him up as also maybe Holder and if signed Sundstrom and even Josh G as its unfair for him to be thrust in the deep end so young. But suppose if you have got the talent you ultimately have to live up to it.

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Why should Fricke be the best rider?

Kurtz outperformed him last season by over half a point and is the better long term prospect.

Kurtz is a number one rider and Fricke is a second or third heat leader.

As said Kurtz should be winning this aussie title at a canter without Doyle and Morris there.

But i agree Fricke has underperformed out there so far.

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Kurtz does seem to have an issue in being able to close meetings out.

Wins all his races then mucks up or chokes when it matters, bit like the play offs 3,2,3 then with Poole only 4 or 5 behind (cant remember which) he runs 2 last places.

Cuts out the mistakes and could challenge Doyle or Morris as the best rider in the league this season

couldnt be bothered to go through it all.

but quite clearly ive not slagged Kurtz off

and quite nice for a Poole fan to agree and chat like a normal human being 

18 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Fricke is quality, it's pretty plain to see. I wouldn't use Aussie championships as much of a barometer, averages from the Polish, Swedish and British top divisions are a better indication. World U21 results where applicable are also a good gauge. If you can beat the cream of the Polish youngsters on their missile bikes then you have got something about you.

He hasn't really lit up any league lately.

36 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

at least he has been a world under 21 champ with some decent poles in it !!! 

Well the new Leicester recruit was second, be interesting to see how he gets on over here.

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He hasn't really lit up any league lately.

Many forget how far Fricke has come in the sport for one of only 21.

He has won the Aussie U21 a few times - was World U21 Champ and has also been in teams that won their respective leagues in DK/SWE & POL (Nice1), the season before last.

For me just as with Brady Kurtz, people expect big things so early in their Speedway careers, sometimes using Dacy Ward as the example which for me is completely unfair as Darcy was a rare talent we many never see the likes of again.

Speedway riders develop at different rates. You had one extreme with young Darcy and at the other extreme was a late developing Jason Doyle. Would anyone say 5/6/7 years ago have thought this guy would ever really be a WC (should have been twice but for injury cruelly robbing him in 2016).

It doesn't mean that just because you arrive on the scene and hit the big time so young that you will in those early years be a World beater. Some riders take time to mature, and with Fricke having achieved so much at such a young age, he needs to find consistency now riding  regular against the Worlds top riders. That will surely come as he rides more against them in the major leagues i.e POL/SWE/UK. Similar situation with Brady. He is kind or thrown in at the deep end at 21 as number one and personally I wish he had been just short of 8 points and a recognised heat leader like a Pawlicki (himself only 23) had been number one. The new one over 8 rule put paid to that so he is there due to circumstances.

I don't expect Brady to put too much on his av this year with the addl pressures of now being regular in POL and his new venture into SWE. This is a year of hopeful improvement but more about consolidating himself against the top riders in Europe. He now has to get used to a situ like POL SUN - Poss UK meeting MON - SWE Tue - Poole,or another UK meeting WED. That in itself brings pressure so for me from a Poole perspective it is up to the other riders in 2018 to pull their weight so it doesn't all fall on his head when he has those odd difficult/bad rides which all young riders have now and then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gavan said:

Had a reduction because he hasnt ridden over here not hard to understand that.

Pawlicki has ridden over here and was in the gp's last season so wont get a reduction..............surely even you can work that out

This is Speedway and the BSPA Gavan. Anything can happen at any given moment. 

riders seem to be more evenly balanced on the Australian tracks, but put some of those riders on UK tracks and they wouldn't get anywhere near Kurtz

8 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Vaculik was given a reduction because he's not ridden over here before

Speedway is just corrupt period. 

All GP riders 9.00 except Vaculik. Come on now. 

Edited by Matt Ford Fan
  • Like 1