British Speedway Forum

I apologise if I have missed it earlier in this thread but any news on how Starman is?

16 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Speedway is just corrupt period. 

All GP riders 9.00 except Vaculik. Come on now. 

And Chris Holder!!!!

16 hours ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Speedway is just corrupt period. 

All GP riders 9.00 except Vaculik. Come on now. 

I dont suppose the irony is lost on anyone that a Poole fan has said that speedway is corrupt

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I dont suppose the irony is lost on anyone that a Poole fan has said that speedway is corrupt

The whole Sport is. 

Rob Godfrey gets let off when clearly he was at fault for Jack Holder. I wonder why he gets to walk free.

Every GP rider a 9.00 who didn't ride here in 2017 except for Vaculik. Don't care if Martin has never ridden here before fact is the ruling is EVERY GP RIDER a 9.00

If I'm being completely honest because I'm not a 2 faced person we have gotten away with Szczepaniak's average seeing as this average was attained years ago and he is a completely different rider now.

You have a bunch of unrealistic average assessments in the Championship Joel Andersson for example who is clearly much better than the assessment. 

The whole thing is corrupt tbh

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

And Chris Holder!!!!

Had a average from 2017. 

Ruling was for riders who didn't ride in the UK last year.

If Chris didn't do Britain in 2017 then yes a 9.00 would be fair because that is the ruling but luckily he rode for KL for a while

Edited by Matt Ford Fan

Poole do look good on paper, but matches are not won on paper, also I recon that poole are taking a gamble on the 2 Poles reproducing the sort of scores they achieve on the big wide fast Polish tracks. Mat has to give them a track they can at least have confidence in. Time will tell. 

If Poole are looking good on paper with only 5 of their team announced then things should look really good when the whole 7 are confirmed!!  Even if when its not the starting 7 that will contest the play-offs!!:P:D

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

Flaky poles we shall see

They should be ok as they have ridden here before but one thing is certain they will not have their best equipment here.

Woryna will have identical kit to his Polish equipment!!

1 hour ago, Anzum said:

I apologise if I have missed it earlier in this thread but any news on how Starman is?

Starman's mum said on facebook that he was allowed home for 3 days at the beginning of the week to see how he was, but not heard any more (He wasn't at the Fans quiz night on Wednesday - probably the first one he's ever missed!!)

Edited by Skidder1

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe he can also supply a couple of similar missiles (engines) to help out Matsz Spanz as well.

The fact they will be both be team mates in UK & POL and believe both staying with Matt Ford, one would think they will work closely together, if as I think I read that Middlos place may be used to keep their bikes etc ??

35 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Ye but not a quite as fast !!!

Edited by ray c

11 minutes ago, ray c said:

Ye but not a quite as fast !!!

Hey don’t need to be. The bikes that ride  Polish tracks would be set up completely differently to what setups are required in the UK. If he rode his Polish bikes at Monmore he probably wouldn’t get around the first bend.

3 hours ago, Anzum said:

Spoke to Mike earlier in the week and he was at home, think it's a little daunting for him.

As I have a heavy cold not visited him , as soon as I make contact again I will post something. 

• Like 2