British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So, are Poland going to back down allowing us to name Sundstrom and Shanes, or are they going to dig their heels in meaning we name P Pawlicki and Shanes? 

1 Brady Kurtz

2. Kacper Woryna

3. Josh Grajczonek

4. Chris Holder

5. Piotr Pawlicki

6. Mateusz Szczepaniak

7. James Shanes

No team out there to touch us with that 1-7. Swap out Pawlicki and bring in Sundstrom and we will still be the powerhouse team in the league. Strongest top 5, with Mateusz Szczepaniak at reserve, supported by Pirates rider of the year in 2017 James Shanes. Should be a very exciting season for us Pirates fans.

Another point to make is with Sundstrom we are well sort of the 42.5. Meaning should a rider underperform, we have scope to redeclare before the first GS to bring in a good replacement.

Pawlicki :lol:

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Considering this is a Poole thread, and I am writing about Poole, my post and opinion is completely valid. If you don’t like it don’t read the Poole thread!

How is it valid?  You have two riders over 8 in your starting lineup - that isn’t valid :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Don’t worry, Poole fans are counting their over-hyped chickens as usual while Rosco counts his horses ;)

• Haha 1

With Matt he tends to look if a rider can add 1-1.5 points on their average. Doubt Hans would average 8.75, but Sunstrom poss can increase his average by a point. 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

With Matt he tends to look if a rider can add 1-1.5 points on their average. Doubt Hans would average 8.75, but Sunstrom poss can increase his average by a point. 

not sure he is the answer never seemed to want to ride uk

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

i doubt Sundstrom will up his average at all.

Jesus christ this thread is something else. 

Sundstrom was a near 8 pointer when riding in this league a few years ago, hes got better as a rider and the league has been watered down hugely.

i am no fan of Poole and to be honest most of their fans annoy the hell out of me but if they round this team off with Sundstrom and Shanes, it really does look head and shoulders above any of the rest. 

Kurtz is a young improving star of the future, Holder at worst will hold his average, Josh G averaged 7 riding at number one last season and starts as a third heatleader, Sundstrom is a quality rider who can ride all tracks big or small, Woryna is a hot prospect who will surely make a mockery of his average, the other Pole is the stand out reserve in the league and Shanes is improving and has a year under his belt plus has secured more meetings for 2018.

sorry but if any other team announced this line up nearly every fan on here would be saying how good it looks.

given the rules and averages etc, it is the stand out side. Thats assuming Shanes and Sundstrom sign but it looks so good that even if they dont, they will still take some stopping.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No team out there to touch us with that 1-7.

Until Poole's first fixture of course..

You will then be weeping like a little 'un' prior to the meeting as you always do !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hrhbig said:

How often do you get to Poole to be annoyed by the fans??

Dont even have to go there, their behavior on this forum is enough for me.

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

Jesus christ this thread is something else. 

Sundstrom was a near 8 pointer when riding in this league a few years ago, hes got better as a rider and the league has been watered down hugely.

i am no fan of Poole and to be honest most of their fans annoy the hell out of me but if they round this team off with Sundstrom and Shanes, it really does look head and shoulders above any of the rest. 

Kurtz is a young improving star of the future, Holder at worst will hold his average, Josh G averaged 7 riding at number one last season and starts as a third heatleader, Sundstrom is a quality rider who can ride all tracks big or small, Woryna is a hot prospect who will surely make a mockery of his average, the other Pole is the stand out reserve in the league and Shanes is improving and has a year under his belt plus has secured more meetings for 2018.

sorry but if any other team announced this line up nearly every fan on here would be saying how good it looks.

given the rules and averages etc, it is the stand out side. Thats assuming Shanes and Sundstrom sign but it looks so good that even if they dont, they will still take some stopping.

Sundstrom was very good at his home track Peterborough to get the figure he did so he will still do well to average eight.He is talented though but Hans for me is a great team man and Poole will miss that.

3 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Sundstrom was very good at his home track Peterborough to get the figure he did so he will still do well to average eight.He is talented though but Hans for me is a great team man and Poole will miss that.

Hans will be missed great team man off the track awful on it, very good at nearly taking his team mate off at times last year. That's the only area Hans should look at - his team mate on track. I would class Hans now as a journeyman, will he add to his 7.75? I don't think so will probably sustain that but won't improve. Sometimes it's better to look ahead, getting a younger rider in who will improve year on year is a good option. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

quite agree cant see where our team man wiil come from next season holder dont thnk so . josh i suppose next best thing :)

Edited by ray c

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Hans will be missed great team man off the track awful on it, very good at nearly taking his team mate off at times last year. That's the only area Hans should look at - his team mate on track. I would class Hans now as a journeyman, will he add to his 7.75? I don't think so will probably sustain that but won't improve. Sometimes it's better to look ahead, getting a younger rider in who will improve year on year is a good option. 

Maybe once or twice he hasn't looked for his team mate but generally i think he does, Holder never team rides, Darcy used to team ride Holder. All speedway riders are journeymen! Hans will be missed, we may win the league but it won't be because we got rid of Hans. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1