British Speedway Forum

Andersen still a very good rider but throws in too many duff rides these days. 

Always liked him, crazy to think he never won a medal in the GPs. I think it was 05/06 that he was, Imo, the best rider in world speedway. 

But definately his average is only going one way and I think its a good move from Ford to release him now. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Andersen still a very good rider but throws in too many duff rides these days. 

Always liked him, crazy to think he never won a medal in the GPs. I think it was 05/06 that he was, Imo, the best rider in world speedway. 

But definately his average is only going one way and I think its a good move from Ford to release him now. 

Not being pedantic but his average was 7.15 in 2016, 7.75 in 2017.

20 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Starry had an op to remove a non-cancerous brain tumour. It all went successfully at Southampton General and he is now in the recuperation/recovery stages.

Thank you for the update. 

13 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Not being pedantic but his average was 7.15 in 2016, 7.75 in 2017.

Exactly so why do some seem he is  going downhill? Makes no sense not having him back 

Just now, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Brady fluffs another final......

Yes real shame all championship done well in the heats and lets himself down in the final. Needs to work on that area of his mind as he often fluffs heat 15 at Poole when on for a max. Let's not forget he is extremely young still and will get it right but in the end.

• Like 1

Absolutely agree he is still young but it is already becoming a trait of his

All the talent in the world wont make up for it if he cant get it right between the ears when the crunch time comes....

I watched it and yes he fluffed the final. But really he could have laid it down in heat 20 and become Champ. In heat 20 Tv clearly showed Tungate touch the tapes, but the ref didn’t exclude him. In the rerun Tungate took a leaf straight out of NP’s book, took two looks, then battered into the side of Kurtz on lap 2 going down the straight. Kurtz somehow managed to stay on but his hand came off the handlebars and he could easily have fallen. Crump said in commentary that Kurtz did remarkably well to regain control. A lay down would have meant Tungate excluded and Kurtz as Champ.

A very good meeting to watch and the streaming was excellent overall. I would certainly subscribe to a British version of this if there was no TV deal.

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Exactly so why do some seem he is  going downhill? Makes no sense not having him back 

True. He isn't a number one anymore but still more than capable of adding a bit more. 

So Tungate simply wanted it more then and done what was needed - it was to decide a National Championship after all.

The ref obviously didnt see it as unfair and you roll the dice and take the odds

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Brady fluffs another final......

And some said he is a cut above the rest. :rolleyes:

How many times has he fluffed it during this 4 round series. Still a huge way to go to be considered a cut above.

Great talent all the same.

I think we can safely say that Kurtz wasn't a 'cut above' anybody in that field after all.

Maybe in the future. Or maybe not.

• Like 1

I guess we won't be getting any "under dogs, backs to the wall, against the odds" speeches this season as Poole thrash everyone out of sight.

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think we can safely say that Kurtz wasn't a 'cut above' anybody in that field after all.

Maybe in the future. Or maybe not.

I'm sure he will be I would rather have him In my team than against me :)

7 minutes ago, noggin said:

I guess we won't be getting any "under dogs, backs to the wall, against the odds" speeches this season as Poole thrash everyone out of sight.

I wouldn't bet on it :D

• Like 1