British Speedway Forum

41 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

he is not on the same plannet as adams , and dont forget a certain mr ward rode for you

Where have I said he’s on the same planet as Leigh, all I’ve said is he rides the Abbey as well as Leigh. I’ve been lucky to see Leigh ride at Swindon for all of his career & he is the master of the Abbey, Morris is fast becoming a master in his own right......oh, I watched Darcy & he wasn’t bad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You clearly have an inability to read as I'd previously stated Kurtz has talent. 

Under no circumstances has he 'surpassed ' Morris, although I'd be interested to read how you quantify that. As the worst number one averaged rider (barring Rye) it's hardly anything for any fan to brag about. What you can brag about however is the development he has made in 2017. Signs are good.  However until he delivers that promise (that he may or may not happen) he is just a very promising emerging talent. In the  UK he has a way to go before anyone can say he is already a better rider than Morris who is clearly the better top flight rider before a wheel has turned in 2018.

Averages are a different thing.  

If you are choosing who to sign on averages you would probably go with Kurtz, however if you were looking to sign the better rider in the UK it would be Morris. 

You seem to be getting the 2 confused. 

No you'd go for Kurtz on both occasions. You seem to be getting a little confused. If you were choosing who to sign on averages, you'd go with Kurtz. If you were looking to sign the better rider in the UK, you'd go with Kurtz. If you were looking to sign the rider who demonstrates the best natural affinity for racing and talent on a Speedway bike, you'd sign Kurtz. In fact I don't see any scenario in which you'd pick Morris over Kurtz. Morris achieving a half a point better average over a season doesn't make him the better rider, in fact it shows that his 5 extra years of top flight experience has only earned him little over half a point difference in averages.

18 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Where have I said he’s on the same planet as Leigh, all I’ve said is he rides the Abbey as well as Leigh. I’ve been lucky to see Leigh ride at Swindon for all of his career & he is the master of the Abbey, Morris is fast becoming a master in his own right......oh, I watched Darcy & he wasn’t bad. 

Darcy was the best rider to ever grace a bike since Ivan Mauger.

16 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

would have gone on to be the greatest rider ever

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

No you'd go for Kurtz on both occasions. You seem to be getting a little confused. If you were choosing who to sign on averages, you'd go with Kurtz. If you were looking to sign the better rider in the UK, you'd go with Kurtz. If you were looking to sign the rider who demonstrates the best natural affinity for racing and talent on a Speedway bike, you'd sign Kurtz. In fact I don't see any scenario in which you'd pick Morris over Kurtz. Morris achieving a half a point better average over a season doesn't make him the better rider, in fact it shows that his 5 extra years of top flight experience has only earned him little over half a point difference in averages.

That's the same Brady Kurtz who guested for Doyley last season at the NSS in the KO Cup - and was worse than gash? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

That's the same Brady Kurtz who guested for Doyley last season at the NSS in the KO Cup - and was worse than gash? :rolleyes:

Sorry, you're right. Riders who don't win every race aren't good. I look forward to seeing Nick win every race this season.

Jesus f'ing Christ. Kurtz has big potential on the world stage IMO. Morris improved shed loads last season, held the team together when no Doyley and pretty much won us the league at Wolves. Both sets of fans like their number 1s and they will be in the top 5 of the averages next season. Who gives a F about the rest!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Sorry, you're right. Riders who don't win every race aren't good. I look forward to seeing Nick win every race this season.

Your words not mine

1 hour ago, BurntFaceMan said:

No you'd go for Kurtz on both occasions. You seem to be getting a little confused. If you were choosing who to sign on averages, you'd go with Kurtz. If you were looking to sign the better rider in the UK, you'd go with Kurtz. 

You appear to be very confused. Under any description Kurtz is not the better rider in the UK right now. Maybe he will be end of 2018. But right now he isn't. 

You won't be able to provide an argument that challenges the facts. The ones you provided don't challenge the facts.

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You appear to be very confused. Under any description Kurtz is not the better rider in the UK right now. Maybe he will be end of 2018. But right now he isn't. 

You won't be able to provide an argument that challenges the facts. The ones you provided don't challenge the facts.

A higher average makes him a better rider? How so? I do look forward to your facts.

2 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

ivan was the true professional in his day and darcy what can you say wow

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

A higher average makes him a better rider? How so? I do look forward to your facts.

Those are the facts, feel free to disagree with them.

Doyle had a higher top flight in the UK than Lindgren, was he the better rider in the UK last year? Well yes. (Separate argument about their top flight career versus their GP career)

Holder had a higher top flight average in the UK than Kasprzak, was he the better rider in the UK last year? Obviously.  (Separate argument ditto above)

Morris had a higher top flight average in the UK than Kurtz, was he the better rider Inn the UK last year? Obviously again yes ( separate argument that one is a few years older, longer top flight career versus a fledging one).

Either way I'm sure you will argue against the facts. And you will be wrong again. 

• Like 1

Just now, ray c said:

ivan was the true professional in his day and darcy what can you say wow

Not even in the same league. 

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

You clearly have an inability to read as I'd previously stated Kurtz has talent. 

Under no circumstances has he 'surpassed ' Morris, although I'd be interested to read how you quantify that. As the worst number one averaged rider (barring Rye) it's hardly anything for any fan to brag about. What you can brag about however is the development he has made in 2017. Signs are good.  However until he delivers that promise (that he may or may not happen) he is just a very promising emerging talent. In the  UK he has a way to go before anyone can say he is already a better rider than Morris who is clearly the better top flight rider before a wheel has turned in 2018.

Averages are a different thing.  

If you are choosing who to sign on averages you would probably go with Kurtz, however if you were looking to sign the better rider in the UK it would be Morris. 

You seem to be getting the 2 confused. 

We will ignore Kings Lynn's number one

i see the poole gala dinner   has been announced for the seventy years of speedway at poole £80 per head i think that rules out genuine supporters who go every week :D

Edited by ray c
  • Like 3