British Speedway Forum

18 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Not even in the same league. 

no different time different era we shall never know

6 minutes ago, ray c said:

i see the poole gala dinner   has been announced for the seventy years of speedway at poole £80 per head i think that rules out genuine supporters who go every week :D

I thought you were joking until I saw for myself! £80 is ridiculous, I can't see them putting many bums on seats by charging that much. 

All this petty schoolkid behaviour our rider is better than yours,as someone said previously it's quite obvious that both have improved alot in the last 2 seasons which is good to see and in this league there's no reason both cant hold there averages atleast.

I must say I was impressed with Morris 1 of the better riders to visit wimborne road. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pinny said:

Well he topped the league averages so though dominant may not quite be right, Morris was still the best part of a point below him and Doyle took the pressure off him. 

Now he is the teams star number one, theres question marks over whether he can go out and win the big heat 13 and 15’s. 

hopefully he does, always been a fan of him.

Or you could say, that despite riding with such a dominant partner in two races, he still comfortably averaged more than Kurtz.

No difference between 5 & 1 in terms of the opposition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hrhbig said:

We will ignore Kings Lynn's number one

Assumed Iversen.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

no different time different era we shall never know

We do know.  Ivan won 6 world titles when the opposition were probably stronger. 

Ivan was totally professional throughout his career. 

Darcy was indeed naturally gifted but lacked the professionalism.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Or you could say, that despite riding with such a dominant partner in two races, he still comfortably averaged more than Kurtz.

No difference between 5 & 1 in terms of the opposition.

There is a hell of a difference riding as your teams number one, expected to go all out winning races and leading from the front, to being a teams second heatleader. Far less pressure to produce wins. 

Also , he rides with a reserve in his first three programmed rides where as number ones are paired with a second string in their first three . More chance of a second string coming in ahead of a number one than a reserve coming in ahead of their number 5 partner. 

As said , we will have to see this season how they go. Fully fit over a full season, with the rate hes improving, I would fancy Kurtz to end the season with a higher average than Morris.

Edited by Pinny

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

There is a hell of a difference riding as your teams number one, expected to go all out winning races and leading from the front, to being a teams second heatleader. Far less pressure to produce wins. 

Also , he rides with a reserve in his first three programmed rides where as number ones are paired with a second string in their first three . More chance of a second string coming in ahead of a number one than a reserve coming in ahead of their number 5 partner. 

As said , we will have to see this season how they go. Fully fit over a full season, with the rate hes improving, I would fancy Kurtz to end the season with a higher average than Morris.

With Doyle out of the way i expect Morris to kick on again he is more consistent than Kurtz and the league is weaker this year.At home i expect Morris to really excell double figures plus every week that is how good he is at the Abbey.

Edited by Sidney the robin

8 hours ago, Jason.C said:

I thought you were joking until I saw for myself! £80 is ridiculous, I can't see them putting many bums on seats by charging that much. 

just a corporate event for business and sponsors i reckon

We are talking a Gala event with dress code to celebrate 70 years of Poole speedway. £80 ahead is not expensive for fine dining and a decent menu.  We are not talking about chicken in a basket. £80 a head would be without wine and what you would pay for three courses at a decent restaurant. There's probably entertainment in the price as well. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I love coming on here to cheer myself up....it makes me realise that speedway fans must have some of the cleanest windows of any sports fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nick Morris>Brady Kurtz Just look at Nick’s CV probably the best British speedway CV of any rider under 30 never mind the fact he’s only 23, he’s won everything already, watch him go, the man is a genius on a bike.

7 hours ago, Pinny said:

So you would think Kurtz would have gained more bonus points than Morris to keep his average down.Last season Kurtz got 11BP whilst Morris got a staggering 28BP.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We are talking a Gala event with dress code to celebrate 70 years of Poole speedway. £80 ahead is not expensive for fine dining and a decent menu.  We are not talking about chicken in a basket. £80 a head would be without wine and what you would pay for three courses at a decent restaurant. There's probably entertainment in the price as well. 

KK: Wimbourne Road. I love it. A selection of KK’s heats from the 2016-17.

That should give you something to smile about after picking your jaw up off the floor from spending 80 sheets...

Surely, at that price, the whine would be free?

I find this incredible that some Poole fans can be that daft not to see facts!

2017 Brady Kurtz was not as good as Nick Morris in the top flight. There is no discussion on this its fact

2018 Brady Kurtz has the potential to be as good if not better than Morris is over here.

You cant compare what they do abroad unless your Steve Shovlar who is saying Brady is better in Poland but yet thinks it doesnt matter that Tungate beat Kurtz in the Aussie champs!

If your team building you may well have Kurtz as his average is nearly a point lower and his will go up you would think and Morris may stay the same.

I agree Brady may go on to better things than Morris but at the moment IN THE UK Morris is simply better than Kurtz.......you cant argue that.

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

So what do we get for £80 a head? Does it include the menu or will that be £4 on the door?

Honestly £80 a head is very expensive. It would have to be pretty fine dining to justify that price and I think I'd much rather a burger and chips if I'm honest. Not sure what kind of entertainment Poole could be putting on but I'm more than a little sceptical. I'll crack up if it's a disco. Anywho, with Matt Ford assuring us that these will sell out fast then I suppose it's got to be good value, right? 

And at only £750 to sit with a random rider from the 2018 team... bargain! 

Might give this one a miss.