British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Morris was the better rider in the UK last season. There isn't even an argument to say he wasn't.

Of course there is. Achieving a higher GSA doesn't mean he was the better rider, it just means he achieved a higher GSA. ;)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Of course there is. Achieving a higher GSA doesn't mean he was the better rider, it just means he achieved a higher GSA. ;)

are you trolling or just simply not that intelligent?

7 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Do explain how he managed to achieve a higher GSA?

Next you'll be suggesting Jason Doyle isn't World Champion. Just because he scored more GP pts doesn't make him better! 

Let's do away with 3pts for winning a race.. just because you won the race doesn't make you better in that race..

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Are you numptys still arguing about the same thing lol.....don't you ever get bored. 

When I get bored I'll go post on something I have absolutely no interest in.

Folk discussing speedway on a speedway forum. Who'd have thought it.

Edited by BWitcher

19 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Are you numptys still arguing about the same thing lol.....don't you ever get bored. 

I am total rubbish !!!

17 minutes ago, ray c said:

I am total rubbish !!!

You ain't total rubbish Ray., you are pretty decent., it's just some of the other Dweebles,,,

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

You ain't total rubbish Ray., you are pretty decent., it's just some of the other Dweebles,,,

Did not word that quite right did i im bored as well !!!

Edited by ray c

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Did not word that quite right di

You didn't....but I knew what you meant....I was just taking advantage of the situation:D

53 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Morris was the better rider in the UK last season. There isn't even an argument to say he wasn't.

When you delve a little the difference was even bigger.

Kurtz

Home Average 8.36 8.80 (with bp)
Away Average 7.58 8.00 (with bp)

Morris

Home Average 8.94 (9.50 with bp)
Away Average 8.61 (9.33 with bp)

Morris is convincingly better than Kurtz on away tracks where he posted an average only slightly below his home one.

Another significant factor is Kurtz's figures are inflated from riding 11 home meetings to only 8 away. Morris on the other hand has 13 home meetings and 14 away. Reality is the gap is bigger than the on paper figures show.

I think further evidence that Morris was the better rider last season in UK. Certainly more consistent but then you would expect that with having ridden 5 seasons more than Kurtz in the Prem (or equiv).

Interesting that both had a big jump in av last season which may be a combination of both improving and also because the Prem has been getting progressively weaker in respect of top stars returning. Last season for sure was and this season arguably even more.

Morris improvement has been steadier with Kurtz probably more spectacular in GSA after only 2 seasons and Kurtz was only 21 in September.

Personally I think it will be at least another 2 seasons before one can make real comparisons between the 2. Kurtz due to getting more experience and also riding against the Worlds top now in UK and also for the first time (in real terms) in both SWE Elite and POL EXL. Morris from the perspective of can he hold his big improvement last season compared to prev seasons (also now riding at  number 1)and can he eventually push on in POL/SWE if signed. By POL I mean POL EXL.

As far as UK there is no doubt that Morris was the better rider but we need those addl 2/3 seasons before we can really say as far as UK is concerned who is the better rider as that would have allowed Kurtz the catch up in experience in the Prem.

Will be interesting to see how they both push on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Especially those who post on threads they have no interest in simply to abuse those that do. 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

are you trolling or just simply not that intelligent?

I think that's a question you need to be asking yourself. You said Morris was the better rider in the UK, and I said Kurtz was. What you meant to say is that Morris had a higher GSA. ;)

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Do explain how he managed to achieve a higher GSA?

Next you'll be suggesting Jason Doyle isn't World Champion. Just because he scored more GP pts doesn't make him better! 

Let's do away with 3pts for winning a race.. just because you won the race doesn't make you better in that race..

Not at all. Jason Doyle is world champion. Fact. Jason Doyle scored more GP points than Patryk Dudek. Fact. Jason Doyle is a better rider than Patryk Dudek. Subjective, not fact.

Just because you decided that a rider is better than another rider based purely on GSA, it does not become fact. :t:

Edited by BurntFaceMan
Removing any ambiguity for simpler minds.
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

I think that's a question you need to be asking yourself. You said Morris was the better rider in the UK, and I said Kurtz was. What you meant to say is that Morris had a higher GSA. ;)

Not at all. Jason Doyle is world champion. Fact. Jason Doyle scored more GP points than Patryk Dudek. Fact. Jason Doyle is a better rider than Patryk Dudek. Subjective, not fact.

Just because you decided that a rider is better than another rider based purely on GSA, it does not become fact. :t:

Good point. You could say Leon Madsen is a better rider than Jason Doyle as he has a higher average than Doyle in the Polish Extraleague, and of course its raced over more heats to get the average.

13 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Remind me how a GSA is achieved.