British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good point. You could say Leon Madsen is a better rider than Jason Doyle as he has a higher average than Doyle in the Polish Extraleague, and of course its raced over more heats to get the average.

If you said that you'd be incorrect.

However, if you said Leon Madsen was better in the Polish Extraleague than Jason Doyle last season you would be correct.

Just as Nick Morris was better than Brady Kurtz in the top flight in the UK last year. That is FACT no matter how much Burntfaceman tries to wriggle and squirm.

Not only did he have a higher GSA, he spent the entire year riding in the No 5 spot and didn't have a spell riding as a second string and having easier rides as a result.

Even putting all that to one side, in meetings between Poole and Swindon Kurtz and Morris lined up 9 times against each other: The results?

Morris 7

Kurtz 2

Edited by BWitcher

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

OK. Compare their averages after two seasons. Morris at the end of his second season was 5.90. Kurtz at the same stage of his British career was 8.08. Now you argue that his average now is higher than Kurtz so he is the better rider, but there is much more to take into consideration.

You can compare their averages over 2 seasons,  Morris was still the better UK rider and had a higher average both times. There isn't anything else to consider.

2 hours ago, hrhbig said:

Did not realise he rode for King Lynn in 2017 as number one

, cant remember him scoring much

Referring to 2018.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

are you trolling or just simply not that intelligent?

I'm going with trolling.  He actually said he was only posting to wind me and you up (and failed miserably). Only real explanation.

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Remind me how a GSA is achieved.

GSA is based on points scored. Doesn't mean the rider is better. "Better" is subjective.

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

If you said that you'd be incorrect.

However, if you said Leon Madsen was better in the Polish Extraleague than Jason Doyle last season you would be correct.

Just as Nick Morris was better than Brady Kurtz in the top flight in the UK last year. That is FACT no matter how much Burntfaceman tries to wriggle and squirm.

Nobody is saying that Morris wasn't better at scoring points...

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

GSA is based on points scored. Doesn't mean the rider is better. "Better" is subjective.

Ok I understand, winning more races than someone else, consistently beating someone else, it doesn't mean you are better than them in your opinion.

So, what in your opinion made Kurtz a better rider than Morris in the UK last season?

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

You can compare their averages over 2 seasons,  Morris was still the better UK rider and had a higher average both times. There isn't anything else to consider.

Referring to 2018.

I'm going with trolling.  He actually said he was only posting to wind me and you up (and failed miserably). Only real explanation.

I am merely pointing out that you said "Kurtz was the lowest scoring number one in the Premiership barring  Rye House", assumed that  the discussion was about 2017 averages etc., if so  no mention of KL.

14 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Hope Matt announces the 2 last riders soon.

I think the Morris/Kurtz point has been debated near enough to death now. We need something new to talk about :D

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Good point. You could say Leon Madsen is a better rider than Jason Doyle as he has a higher average than Doyle in the Polish Extraleague, and of course its raced over more heats to get the average.

Nope i wouldnt say Leon Madsen is better than Jason Doyle

But i would say Leon Madsen was better than Jason Doyle in Poland

15 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

You are making no sense at all.

NICK MORRIS WAS BETTER THAN BRADY KURTZ IN THE UK IN 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You even agree Morris was 'better at scoring points' thus surely making him better last season!!!

2018 is all about opinion but to keep saying Brady is better than Morris over here is laughable

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hrhbig said:

I am merely pointing out that you said "Kurtz was the lowest scoring number one in the Premiership barring  Rye House", assumed that  the discussion was about 2017 averages etc., if so  no mention of KL.

Apologies.  I get what you meant now. 

You are correct.  I'd assumed Bachelor had an average over 8.:t:

Just now, Gavan said:

You even agree Morris was 'better at scoring points' thus surely making him better last season!!!

2018 is all about opinion but to keep saying Brady is better than Morris over here is laughable

Remember he did say he was only saying it to wind us up, unless he believes it of course. So we know what that makes BFM. 

Not that I doubted it. :t:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Are you numptys still arguing about the same thing lol.....don't you ever get bored. 

I know its like I have been at work all day and they are still chatting the same pony its sad 

Speedway riders have to have a lot of bottle to race at full gas at a young age.  Morris got his bottle when he was much younger!!:D:rolleyes::shock:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Gavin your like an old gramophone, on about the same thing all the time, Swindon are happy with Morris, Poole are happy with Kurtz, for Christ sake move on

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Speedway riders have to have a lot of bottle to race at full gas at a young age.  Morris got his bottle when he was much younger!!:D:rolleyes::shock:

Lol I wondered how long!!:rolleyes: