British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, Badge said:

Lol I wondered how long!!:rolleyes:

Must be a Poole/Swindon thing!!!:P

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Must be a Poole/Swindon thing!!!:P

Lol a must have on your cv:wink:

The trouble with Gavan and some others is they don’t realise when you’re pulling their chain. 

Someone says Morris is better than Kurtz in the UK and then backs it up with proof so as to wrap things up. 

Then someone, usually the same types argue for devilment even though it’s not a point for debate. 

Gavan takes it seriously and off we go. 

During my early years on the forum I got sucked in with this kind of thing as it never dawned on me people would be so odd. It still fascinates me somewhat that people like to behave that way. 

Like I say to my kids, the sooner you realise some people are dicks and not to engage them, the better your life will be. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Guess its down to lifestyle? A nice evening meal out to a good standard restaurant will cost around £2-240 for 2 of us with wine. So 160 a couple seems ok providing the quality is there. 

I was in Padstow recently with a client and lunch cost £180 at Rick Steins restaurant. I guess some people on here think a Harvester or Beefeater is quality eating out!

It may be 'good' food Steve, but those prices are are a rip off with a massive mark up. My brother owns a 3 star restaurant and catering company and he estimates at least 95% of all A la carte dinners cost less than £15 to bring to the table per head. Just asked him .... :D

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, blupanther said:

It may be 'good' food Steve, but those prices are are a rip off with a massive mark up. My brother owns a 3 star restaurant and catering company and he estimates at least 95% of all A la carte dinners cost less than £15 to bring to the table per head. Just asked him .... :D

It's all BS. Makes folk 'think' they are getting something special and makes them feel more elite.

I cannot abide this 'designer' food where it all looks nice and pretty on your plate but there's hardly any of it.. yet costs 10x more than it should.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Speedway riders have to have a lot of bottle to race at full gas at a young age.  Morris got his bottle when he was much younger!!:D:rolleyes::shock:

That was a bit un called for mate.

• Like 1

Can someone please tell me how I can go back in time and get the 10 mins of my life I've just lost reading pages of drivel about who's got the best aussie. 

Just want to end the debate, TUNGATE is Aussie champ so is the no1 Aussie   :)

And also, for you snobs down south,  give me a weatherspoon as up north it's a delicacy 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Can someone please tell me how I can go back in time and get the 10 mins of my life I've just lost reading pages of drivel about who's got the best aussie. 

Just want to end the debate, TUNGATE is Aussie champ so is the no1 Aussie   :)

And also, for you snobs down south,  give me a weatherspoon as up north it's a delicacy 

I thought “chips n gravey” was a delicacy up north :lol:

5 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

No way, it is tripe they eat

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

Pudding, chips, peas and gravy 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

No way, it is tripe they eat

Tripe with a bit of vinegar, nectar from the gods.

Don'tget confused though. Tripe is what we eat up north and what they speak down south.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Terry said:

Ford on the banjo and Middlo playing the spoons.

Agree, the Poole thread is entertainment personified. It always attracts the weird, the whacky and the wallybrains. :lol:

Shouldn't that be the fiddle? :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Entertainment has been booked for the 70th anniversary event. Ricky Berwick on the flute

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1