British Speedway Forum

44 minutes ago, Gavan said:

My opinion is that if he eradicates the duff rides Kurtz will average more than Morris.

But right now in the uk Morris is better....fact

and still your going on about it

18 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

Only cos Baldyman started it up again and woke him and Stevebrum up! :blink::D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

Yep - This Poole Forum really needs some fresh news to debate. Carries on like this for the next few weeks and I may consider just not looking in. Even the diehards are struggling.

Mind you if I was a KL supporter I would be rushing for the depression tablets. Their side is close to being finalised looking at their forum in the last hour of exchanges. Their team looks less than exciting outside of NKI & Lambert. If the Poles don't lift their 3 league rule then they really could  be up brown smelly creek in my opinion.

I will consider myself fortunate with the side Poole have named in comparison even though we have 2 to name which hopefully will be a young and improving Shanes plus Sundstrom who in this now weakened league compared to what he rode in before in 2014 will make the team very watchable in 2018.

I wont go over the top on how good the Poole  team might be in 2018 as I know who will come swinging in with comments ;). Play offs has to be first target and then its down to how well the team & individual riders are performing come September when its play offs. Nobody knows the answer to that irrespective of how good or bad a team may look early season.

Edited by STEVEHOLS54
spelling errors

Very pleased tonight.  Deal done with MF. Only 4 meetings left available to sponsor and guess what I've got  - last season's champions in August!!:D:P

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Very pleased tonight.  Deal done with MF. Only 4 meetings left available to sponsor and guess what I've got  - last season's champions in August!!:D:P

Always wondered what it cost to sponsor a meeting Skidder.

Are you able to give a guestimate even if it is a rough range idea ??

Not after what you paid Skidder just a rough idea of what one can pay if interested. Assuming I read your message correctly ;-)

24 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Sorry....I just coulot resist lol

2 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Not after what you paid Skidder just a rough idea of what one can pay if interested. Assuming I read your message correctly ;-)

It can vary depending who the opposition is, whether there is TV and what sort of hospitality the sponsor may want. It also depends on what the sponsor may want in return?!

I'm sure if you give the office a call, MF would be happy to outline the options.

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Thanks,  already awake tho.:t:

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Sorry....I just coulot resist lol

Ah bless. 

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Last time I sponsored a meeting it cost about £1400 onc vat.  You could have 20 guests and a prog each. Had a meal in the stadium restaurant. The guys and girls in the office enjoyed it, a good night out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pirate Nick said:

Last time I sponsored a meeting it cost about £1400 onc vat.  You could have 20 guests and a prog each. Had a meal in the stadium restaurant. The guys and girls in the office enjoyed it, a good night out.

I was going to ask Skidder,but thought it a bit rude,then you post this.:t: VAT :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I was going to ask Skidder,but thought it a bit rude,then you post this.:t: VAT :blink:

Not rude at all. Don’t mind telling you how much it cost. Wasn’t aware sponsorship costs were a closely guarded secret. ;)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pirate Nick said:

Not rude at all. Don’t mind telling you how much it cost. Wasn’t aware sponsorship costs were a closely guarded secret. ;)

Could you possibly tell us other sponsorship costs such as programme stuff. 

Main team? 

And is there sponsorship for tyres and fuel?? Etc? 

15 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Could you possibly tell us other sponsorship costs such as programme stuff. 

Main team? 

And is there sponsorship for tyres and fuel?? Etc? 

Programme was about the same price for the season, dont know about main team these days although I think Ready Power did a 6 figure deal for 2 years, as for fuel and oil ask a rider its not as expensive as you think. Costs about 200 ish for a premiership riders oil for the season based on 1 litre per meeting, can put you in touch with a friend who supplies it if you’re interested.

20 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I do but holiday already booked and paid for as I always try to grab a week away before the team fixtures begin!!

I suppose I could buy a table for friends and family in my absence, but I'm not that flush at the moment having paid for 3 season passes, a sponsored meeting and a few other bits and pieces as usual!!B)

No commitment as usual Clive!!  ;)

• Like 3