British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

That sentence makes no sense.   I presume you're trying to say you've been drinking?

With punctuation in the correct places and spelling corrected I think it would make sense!

7 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

That sentence makes no sense.   I presume you're trying to say you've been drinking?

Pretty simple really Belle Vue have one spot to fill and i would predict most Belle Vue fans would be very happy with Shanes 

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It isn't very entertaining being beaten every week!   Crowds tend to dwindle when your not winning. 

That really surprises me forever, is it that important to you that you win everyweek?.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

With punctuation in the correct places and spelling corrected I think it would make sense!

I don't share your confidence. 

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

Pretty simple really Belle Vue have one spot to fill and I would predict most Belle Vue fans would be very happy with Shanes 

Well, Belle Vue have no spots left to fill, but even if they kicked out one of their reserves for Shanes, they'd be something like 2 points under the limit, which would be stupid.

If they needed a 2 point-ish reserve, there's one already at their disposal in Jack Smith.  (And geographically much better placed).  However they aren't in need of a 2 point-ish reserve as I've already said above.

If you're a Swindon fan why aren't you campaigning to fit Shanes in by kicking out a Swindon rider instead of kicking out a Belle Vue rider?  Swindon would be more local for Shanes and you'd be able to see him too. 

Swindon fans seem more concerned about the Poole team than most Poole fans, maybe their team is boring?? If not, then why are they soooo interested? 

Also maybe James would rather ride for Poole than BV?? :blink: :o

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, ray c said:

Most exciting rider at poole last season should have been the first name in the 1- 7 

Glad you’re not in charge of team building!

I should imagine nearly all Poole fans would like him in the team. However, if the Poles don’t back down and Sundstrom isn’t allowed to ride, Matt Ford might well have two 5bpiinters lined up instead. So we end up with a lesser rider in the 1-5 but an extremely strong reserve pairing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Winning is not a priority entertainment comes first if you have not got a crowd  then you haven't got a club end of.

Winning is number one priority. Full stop. A winning team will bring in a crowd.  Losing every week 44-46 might be entertaining for a few but the crowds soon vanish. That goes for all clubs.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Swindon fans seem more concerned about the Poole team than most Poole fans, maybe their team is boring?? If not, then why are they soooo interested? 

They are clearly running scared. If Sundstrom and Shanes are the final two, Poole will have a powerhouse team which would be stronger than any completed team so far.

Comparing Swindons team, which if I am honest looks a bit flat and lacklustre, to Pooles is like comparing a two day open bottle of Lambrusco with a couple of extinguished fags floating on top, (Swindon) to a chilled bottle of Krug. (Poole)

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can you blame him wanting to wait as long as possible for Poole ??

He lives 18 miles up the road and a max 30 min drive on a normal day. He has a chance to mix it up with some of the best young riders around and can learn plenty from the likes of Kurtz/Woryna as well more experienced riders in the team like Holder (hopefully Sundstrom) and Josh G.

With his commitment to Sheffield in Champ /Grass Track and Long track, even if Matt was forced to reluctantly release him due to the Poles pig headedness, I am sure he would have no trouble getting fixed up in Prem not long after the season starts when some of the already signed riders/reserves in other teams start performing badly and Promoters/managers start looking at other options.

I think James would prefer that to give himself every chance to get into the Poole team rather than have the trek to the likes of BV every week on top of the commuting to Sheffield.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

That really surprises me forever, is it that important to you that you win everyweek?.

Of course winning is important, not saying it is everything. Most people will except the odd loss but if you lose regularly crowds drop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Winning is not a priority entertainment comes first if you have not got a crowd  then you haven't got a club end of.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

You  me old mucker   you don't know your arse from your elbow.!!!!

It's a competitive sport you old codger. People don't pay to watch their team lose. A winning team produces a big crowd, not a losing team who rushed to sign a sub 3 pointer because a few old men found him exciting. 

I'd like to see James in the squad, but he's certainly not top priority and he's been treated exactly how a risky sub 3 pointer with no experience should be treated.

Imagine if you'd spent 10 years finessing your trade just for a potential employer to be more interested in the inexperienced apprentice (because he had better banter on the job and that was a bit more interesting), how would you feel?

I think you might want to reevaluate your arse and elbow situation as I'd suggest there is a chance you've mixed the two up.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

It's not about winning every match, but you should aim to win every home match. The home match is where you get your customers and where you take your money. The best teams in the league are the ones that can pull off the away win. The home match is about satisfying the home crowd, and although you need the occasional few losses to make the wins that much sweeter, you still need a team that is winning regularly to put the bums on the seats.

Honestly I think some of the "die hards" in this sport live in cloud cuckoo land. This is a competitive sport, driven by money. We can't fund the sport on kisses and cuddles and sweet thoughts. Just because you'll turn up come rain or shine, doesn't mean the vast majority will, and whilst the vast majority are paying the bills it's important they are kept happy.

So, to my original point, James Shanes is not the top priority and there is nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

28 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

It's a competitive sport you old codger. People don't pay to watch their team lose. A winning team produces a big crowd, not a losing team who rushed to sign a sub 3 pointer because a few old men found him exciting. 

I'd like to see James in the squad, but he's certainly not top priority and he's been treated exactly how a risky sub 3 pointer with no experience should be treated.

Imagine if you'd spent 10 years finessing your trade just for a potential employer to be more interested in the inexperienced apprentice (because he had better banter on the job and that was a bit more interesting), how would you feel?

I think you might want to reevaluate your arse and elbow situation as I'd suggest there is a chance you've mixed the two up.

I am hardly an old codger  but who cares , but if winning is everything to you and your club i feel sorry for you.When 

your club fails ( and by the way you speak you have not been a supporter for long if at all???)  alot of people take great delight in you failing and  they saviour the moment.Your promoter brings that a win at all costs mentality sod the sport as a whole and manipulates the rulebook for his own needs and he has been a genius at doing it for well over a decade  and that will be his legacy.

Edited by Sidney the robin

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Not all of us...not remotely interested!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Not all of us...not remotely interested!

I mainly meant DC2 and Sidney atm but a lot of Swindon fans have commented on this thread in last few months. I can't remember the last time I went on the Swindon thread! :D