British Speedway Forum

53 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Not all of us...not remotely interested!

Same here, apart from the occasional wind up.    

• Like 1

I would have thought Linus would be available on a 6.64 average due to the fact he hasn't raced here since 2012 when he got his 7.22 average. 8% discount should apply same as Mateusz.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I am hardly an old codger  but who cares , but if winning is everything to you and your club i feel sorry for you.When 

your club fails ( and by the way you speak you have not been a supporter for long if at all???)  alot of people take great delight in you failing and  they saviour the moment.Your promoter brings that a win at all costs mentality sod the sport as a whole and manipulates the rulebook for his own needs and he has been a genius at doing it for well over a decade  and that will be his legacy.

There lots of people that come on here tthat all they want is to win ive been going to poole all life and i have felt like that speedway first winning second and i think your the same onward and upward !!!

3 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

How on earth has he been treated really poorly? We don't just sign people at random.

Yes I'm sure Zengota and Kennett were well thought out signings last year.:lol:

17 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I would have thought Linus would be available on a 6.64 average due to the fact he hasn't raced here since 2012 when he got his 7.22 average. 8% discount should apply same as Mateusz.

I thought those reductions were only due when seasons were missed through injury and 'cant be arsed' isnt an injury in my book :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I thought those reductions were only due when seasons were missed through injury and 'cant be arsed' isnt an injury in my book :D

Lol Linus was injured at the end of 2012 and Borough replaced him I thought?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Zengota? I think you mean Lahti

30 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Mateusz average was a rolling average. Nice try though. 

20 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Lol Linus was injured at the end of 2012 and Borough replaced him I thought?

Bloody hell he must have had an awful injury 5.5 years is a long while to be laid up.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

He who dares wins. We didn't have many options last season. 

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I am hardly an old codger  but who cares , but if winning is everything to you and your club i feel sorry for you.When 

your club fails ( and by the way you speak you have not been a supporter for long if at all???)  alot of people take great delight in you failing and  they saviour the moment.Your promoter brings that a win at all costs mentality sod the sport as a whole and manipulates the rulebook for his own needs and he has been a genius at doing it for well over a decade  and that will be his legacy.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

There lots of people that come on here tthat all they want is to win ive been going to poole all life and i have felt like that speedway first winning second and i think your the same onward and upward !!!

It's particularly annoying when you don't actually read the post you're replying to. Like I said, winning isn't everything, but it's the best part for sure. More importantly, winning is what brings the money in. Without the money you'll have no sport left to enjoy.

I've been a supporter of the pirates for 20 years. And the fact that people get great delight in us failing is great! You win some and you lose some. If us losing lights the fire in your belly then we're doing a good job.

There is a difference between manipulating the rule book and getting the most out of the rules. Understanding the rules and working out how to use them to your advantage is almost as important as the racing itself. And the very same philosophy that Ivan Mauger lived by.

11 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

He who dares wins. We didn't have many options last season. 

More like he who dares cocked it up last season 

3 minutes ago, therefused said:

More like he who dares cocked it up last season 

More like he who dares runs the most successful club in the country. Remember when Kings Lynn dared to bring Chris Holder in? You muppet! :rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

It's particularly annoying when you don't actually read the post you're replying to. Like I said, winning isn't everything, but it's the best part for sure. More importantly, winning is what brings the money in. Without the money you'll have no sport left to enjoy.

I've been a supporter of the pirates for 20 years. And the fact that people get great delight in us failing is great! You win some and you lose some. If us losing lights the fire in your belly then we're doing a good job.

There is a difference between manipulating the rule book and getting the most out of the rules. Understanding the rules and working out how to use them to your advantage is almost as important as the racing itself. And the very same philosophy that Ivan Mauger lived by.

Did you ever watch Mauger ride at his peak and  in his later years probably not ???? don't even mention Ivan in the same light as Poole speedway .If you have been a supporter for twenty years you  would of  seen some good days and bad surely you are not that thick to believe you can win every year try to be realistic.

• Like 1

I see Bjarne Pedersen is riding in the ben fund meeting without having a team place. Maybe he is a b choice? Whats his average. Is it Championship league friendly too? Just weird riding in a meeting with not having a team place? Unless us kings lynn fans are getting a little over enthusiastic expecting to have niels announced at our fans meeting.