British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Did you ever watch Mauger ride at his peak and  in his later years probably not ???? don't even mention Ivan in the same light as Poole speedway .If you have been a supporter for twenty years you  would of  seen some good days and bad surely you are not that thick to believe you can win every year try to be realistic.

Umm.... I don't think you're intelligent enough to continue our debate.

I have seen good days and bad days. Like I have said a million times, but you choose to ignore, IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THE WINNING... but it is a damn good part, and without it we wouldn't make enough money for this sport to survive.

I've spent years watching every bit of footage available and reading many books. So yes, I did watch as much of Ivan as I could. And let's be honest... he didn't have a shade on Darcy anyway ;)

59 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

It's particularly annoying when you don't actually read the post you're replying to. Like I said, winning isn't everything, but it's the best part for sure. More importantly, winning is what brings the money in. Without the money you'll have no sport left to enjoy.

I've been a supporter of the pirates for 20 years. And the fact that people get great delight in us failing is great! You win some and you lose some. If us losing lights the fire in your belly then we're doing a good job.

There is a difference between manipulating the rule book and getting the most out of the rules. Understanding the rules and working out how to use them to your advantage is almost as important as the racing itself. And the very same philosophy that Ivan Mauger lived by.

Please don’t put Pooles policy for success in the same basket as the Great Ace, Ivan Mauger. 

Not good, not good at all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ouch said:

Please don’t put Pooles policy for success in the same basket as the Great Ace, Ivan Mauger. 

Not good, not good at all. 

Oh please, get over yourself.

Ivan had a win at all costs mentality, exactly the same as Matt Ford. The only difference is Matt doesn't ride the bike himself! 

11 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

I see Bjarne Pedersen is riding in the ben fund meeting without having a team place. Maybe he is a b choice? Whats his average. Is it Championship league friendly too? Just weird riding in a meeting with not having a team place? Unless us kings lynn fans are getting a little over enthusiastic expecting to have niels announced at our fans meeting. 

Can't imagine Bjarne back. Was a massive fan of his during his decade at Poole, but I can't imagine he'd do a great job anymore... saying that, what average is he on?

1 hour ago, BurntFaceMan said:

More like he who dares runs the most successful club in the country. Remember when Kings Lynn dared to bring Chris Holder in? You muppet! :rofl::rofl:

If you mean successful in terms of trophies,i would think that honour belongs to Belle Vue:unsure:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

If you mean successful in terms of trophies,i would think that honour belongs to Belle Vue:unsure:

I think it's pretty close, isn't it? Did last year swing it Belle Vue's way?

15 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

I have seen good days and bad days. Like I have said a million times, but you choose to ignore, IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THE WINNING... but it is a damn good part, and without it we wouldn't make enough money for this sport to survive.

I've spent years watching every bit of footage available and reading many books. So yes, I did watch as much of Ivan as I could. And let's be honest... he didn't have a shade on Darcy anyway ;)

You are a Pr...        of the highest order , you keep on reading your books and going on you tube because you need to your knowledge is non  existent.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

You are a Pr...        of the highest order , you keep on reading your books and going on you tube because you need to your knowledge is non  existent.

I think I've managed to decipher that nonsense you call English... I think you're trying to say that I lack knowledge? Well clearly I don't, but whatever helps you sleep at night. Ivan had a win at all costs attitude. He believed that the spirit of the rule wasn't important, and that the word of the rule was all that mattered. This is the exact same philosophy that Matt Ford has had for the past decade, and the very same philosophy you try to slate. Oh, and do you know who else has started to adopt that attidue? None other than your good old pal Rosco! (When he's not spending his time trying to plan his next witty dad joke for the TV cameras that is ;) )

Anyway, I'd scrub up on your English if I were you because it's tiring to try and read.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Zengota? I think you mean Lahti

Oops yea,  Zengi only rode 3 matches.  :)

1 hour ago, BurntFaceMan said:

He who dares wins. We didn't have many options last season. 

All clubs have little option with the Polish mafia in charge,  Poole included. 

46 minutes ago, Danny Connor said:

I see Bjarne Pedersen is riding in the ben fund meeting without having a team place. Maybe he is a b choice? Whats his average. Is it Championship league friendly too? Just weird riding in a meeting with not having a team place? Unless us kings lynn fans are getting a little over enthusiastic expecting to have niels announced at our fans meeting. 

Riders riding in the Polish 2nd tier are exempt from the club limitation rule, which is why woryna and mateusz have been signed without a hitch :)

50 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Followed Ivan through his career, then followed Darcy through his, have to say Darcy would be my choice any day

so the big announcement, Bjarne Pedersen rides in the 70th anniversary meeting

Good. Nice to see one of the Poole all time greats grace Wimborne Road again.

40 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

so the big announcement, Bjarne Pedersen rides in the 70th anniversary meeting

Ready to sign his contract as the back up for Linus.