British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

Ready to sign his contract as the back up for Linus. 

He won’t sign in the UK already stated. 

Doing 4 leagues already. 

6 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

I think I've managed to decipher that nonsense you call English... I think you're trying to say that I lack knowledge? Well clearly I don't, but whatever helps you sleep at night. Ivan had a win at all costs attitude. He believed that the spirit of the rule wasn't important, and that the word of the rule was all that mattered. This is the exact same philosophy that Matt Ford has had for the past decade, and the very same philosophy you try to slate. Oh, and do you know who else has started to adopt that attidue? None other than your good old pal Rosco! (When he's not spending his time trying to plan his next witty dad joke for the TV cameras that is ;) )

Anyway, I'd scrub up on your English if I were you because it's tiring to try and read.

So  you are saying Ivan Mauger won all his six titles by bending the rules is that right ?.  Mauger won all his title's because he was the best rider in the world and he worked damn hard to do it ,you  cannot even mention Ford in the same breath as Mauger Ivan had integrity and class. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

So  you are saying Ivan Mauger won all his six titles by bending the rules is that right ?.  Mauger won all his title's because he was the best rider in the world and he worked damn hard to do it ,you  cannot even mention Ford in the same breath as Mauger Ivan had integrity and class. 

Always annoying when Ivan came to your track and clean up in those days you always got excited when Ivan was in town . I've always wondered how many times he would have been champion of the world under the gp format ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

They are clearly running scared. If Sundstrom and Shanes are the final two, Poole will have a powerhouse team which would be stronger than any completed team so far.

Comparing Swindons team, which if I am honest looks a bit flat and lacklustre, to Pooles is like comparing a two day open bottle of Lambrusco with a couple of extinguished fags floating on top, (Swindon) to a chilled bottle of Krug. (Poole)

Poole should have had Hans and Shanes........instead they could get shafted

11 hours ago, Arthur Fry said:

Followed Ivan through his career, then followed Darcy through his, have to say Darcy would be my choice any day

Darcy over Mauger??  Hmmm

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole should have had Hans and Shanes........instead they could get shafted

If the two poles are going to be that good as some people say Hans and James were ideal Hans a good captain as well sorted !!!

11 hours ago, Arthur Fry said:

Followed Ivan through his career, then followed Darcy through his, have to say Darcy would be my choice any day

You should change your 'name' to Tommy Cooper after that little peach :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ekstraliga Żużlowa removes the limit limiting the starts of players to three leagues. In return, the English federation will make Thursday available to us, in other words its day in the Speedway Slot System, if it is necessary to postpone the play-off round matches.

Done and dusted Linus and Shanes confirmed now because limit has been lifted and all of this actually hurts Swindon. 

Excellent news! Only affects Swindon if there are playoff clashes so that can be worked around.

Welcome to Poole Linus and welcome back Shansey!

What. a. Team!

• Like 1

So to get Sundstrom and probably Iversen, when other options are available we have created a situation where there is now only one night, Monday, when the UK has precedence for fixtures. Sounds like a good deal.

And Wednesdays.

Translated with Google translator.

Ekstraliga Żużlowa removes the limit limiting the starts of players to three leagues. In return, the English federation will make Thursday available to us, in other words its day in the Speedway Slot System, if it is necessary to postpone the play-off round matches.

However, the limit was finally lifted, because the authorities of Ekstraliga Żużlowa and GKSŻ managed to find an agreement with BSPA , an English federation. The Poles made a bid that they would lift the limits if England would give us a Thursday for the play-off round. Of course, this is about putting this day only in a situation where FIM or FIM Europe will postpone their party from Saturday to Sunday and disturb our league calendar.

One can speak about the great success of Polish activists. The players who will now be able to ride not in three but in four leagues will certainly enjoy the lifting of the limit. In addition to Polish and national, they can choose two others. Extraliga and GKSŻ authorities have such a compromise, too. In the play-off, an additional Thursday will be useful, because you never know what about FIM events.

Someone will say that we have a rule in the regulations allowing to ride clubs in the event of the absence of two players. You can do one replacement for one, and reserve one for the other.However, this solution should be well checked in the main round, where riding weaker composition and possible loss of points will not be that important. In the play-off, where the fight goes for medals, everyone wants to ride in the strongest combination.

The weight of the settlement with the English will be fully understood in the 2019 season, where all matches will be held on television - two on Friday and two on Sunday. This year, canceled on Sunday, the match can be theoretically translated into Friday. There will be no such option for a year. Then a free Thursday will be a salvation.

5 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

So to get Sundstrom and probably Iversen, when other options are available we have created a situation where there is now only one night, Monday, when the UK has precedence for fixtures. Sounds like a good deal.:unsure:

Or possibly this was the deal struck, being the reason why Monday and Wednesday  were chosen:unsure:

1 minute ago, Badge said:

Or possibly this was the deal struck, being the reason why Monday and Wednesday  were chosen:unsure:

I doubt it. Monday and Wednesday, when Denmark have precedence, were chosen to overcome the problem when the Thursday CL clubs either didn't want to join the PL or, to change their race night. I don't blame them at all for that unless they had previously agreed that they would.

44 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Done and dusted Linus and Shanes confirmed now because limit has been lifted and all of this actually hurts Swindon. 

Fantastic news :D. Just saw full article on the main POL Speedway site.

The good news is that to my knowledge none of our riders are constrained by having commitments in DK on Wed. Maybe also a factor had we signed HA as I am sure he does his compliment of DK fixtures.

A decent side for sure to watch in 2018.

Brady Kurtz
Chris Holder
Linus Sundstrom
Josh Grajczonek
Mateusz Szczepaniak
Kacper Woryna
James Shanes

Wow! That's got to be the team to beat this year. If the Pole's perform as Matt and Middlo hope, and Holder makes a bit of a comeback, we should be near untouchable.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2