• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, blupanther said:

You should change your 'name' to Tommy Cooper after that little peach :D

just like that

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Poole should have had Hans and Shanes........instead they could get shafted

I would agree but probably Sundstrom has more potential to improve his average and now confirmed that we can proceed with signing him now they have lifted the 3 league rule.

24 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Brady Kurtz
Chris Holder
Linus Sundstrom
Josh Grajczonek
Mateusz Szczepaniak
Kacper Woryna
James Shanes

Wow! That's got to be the team to beat this year. If the Pole's perform as Matt and Middlo hope, and Holder makes a bit of a comeback, we should be near untouchable.

Only on paper at the moment just like last year untouchable better to wait and see I think

• Like 4

Sundstrom, Woryna and Szczepeniak I'd have question marks over just for the fact they've either not ridden here for a while and/or have never showed anything over here previously. However, if they show their form from abroad Poole will get close.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Excellent news! Only affects Swindon if there are playoff clashes so that can be worked around.

Welcome to Poole Linus and welcome back Shansey!

What. a. Team!

If as it seems only play off clashes then Swindon should be ok and possibly only have to change a few meetings.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Arthur Fry said:

so the big announcement, Bjarne Pedersen rides in the 70th anniversary meeting

and Iversen too!!!:P

Powerhouse lineup.  Once the new lads get dialled in they should dominate. No weak links and even our number 7 is stronger than some other sides number 6. And if Shansey does find it tough at certain tracks we have a rock solid number 6 to cover.

Last season I felt the team had journeymen happy with their position in a heat after the second bend. Matt Ford has tried to eradicate this issue and bring in a team of racers. Riders who are not happy to settle for a point but want to score more.

Happy days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Looks Like the League Title is all yours Shovvy, I guess Its all yours to lose....Then again with the backdrop of choking that has gone on previously.....  one can never be quite sure.  Anyway Allow me to be the first to offer the warmest of congratulations on your Title win.  Or to on the other foot..... I'd like to offer you £1 a bucket for ya 541te  :D

Edited by semion
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, semion said:

Looks Like the League Title is all yours Shovvy, I guess Its all yours to lose....Then again with the backdrop of choking that has gone on previously.....  one can never be quite sure.  Anyway Allow me to be the first to offer the warmest of congratulations on your Title win.

I don’t think Poole choke very often. We had injuries which wrecked our chances in 2016 and a number 1 in 2017 who made himself look a pillock with his attitude.

We could be back to business as usual in 2018 with that lineup, baring injuries of course.

I for one think it was the right call to replace Hans, who on his day is very good but is now journeyman personified, cramming in as many meetings as possible. Don’t blame him of course but by doing so he rides within himself so to avoid injury and time out. Not what we need in 2018.

2 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Brady Kurtz
Chris Holder
Linus Sundstrom
Josh Grajczonek
Mateusz Szczepaniak
Kacper Woryna
James Shanes

Wow! That's got to be the team to beat this year............

........ and of course most of us will. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

No doubt that Darcy was more talented on a bike than Ivan. If he hadn't had it taken away from him I'm sure he'd have been world champ time and time again.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

Brady Kurtz
Chris Holder
Linus Sundstrom
Josh Grajczonek
Mateusz Szczepaniak
Kacper Woryna
James Shanes

Wow! That's got to be the team to beat this year. If the Pole's perform as Matt and Middlo hope, and Holder makes a bit of a comeback, we should be near untouchable.

Krysztof Kasprzak

Jack Holder

Brady Kurtz

Kyle Newman

Hans Andersen

Nicolai Klindt

James Shanes

I seem to remember that that 1-7 was being called untouchable about this time last season!!!!!

The 1-7 this season for Poole looks no better than last seasons to me. Many ifs and buts in Sundstrom and the 2 Poles and Holder......................would hate to see last season repeated..................you never know Lahti and Kennett might be free mid season to replace Holder and one of the Poles!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BurntFaceMan said:

No doubt that Darcy was more talented on a bike than Ivan. If he hadn't had it taken away from him I'm sure he'd have been world champ time and time again.

Mark Loram, Joe Screen, Kelly Moran.......all more talented than Ivan Mauger on a bike but it takes something special to become a multi world champion.

For all his talent Darcy hadnt got there when his career cut short...................but to say he would have been world champ time and again is a bit much

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Mark Loram, Joe Screen, Kelly Moran.......all more talented than Ivan Mauger on a bike but it takes something special to become a multi world champion.

For all his talent Darcy hadnt got there when his career cut short...................but to say he would have been world champ time and again is a bit much

As all ivan wins were just one meeting not like todays format 

Edited by ray c