3 hours ago, Gavan said:

Krysztof Kasprzak

Jack Holder

Brady Kurtz

Kyle Newman

Hans Andersen

Nicolai Klindt

James Shanes

I seem to remember that that 1-7 was being called untouchable about this time last season!!!!!

The 1-7 this season for Poole looks no better than last seasons to me. Many ifs and buts in Sundstrom and the 2 Poles and Holder......................would hate to see last season repeated..................you never know Lahti and Kennett might be free mid season to replace Holder and one of the Poles!

No better than last year haha!! this years team looks amazing.

Edited by foreverblue

This team is the best on paper but I’m not sure it will blow everyone away. That Swindon team is sneakily good still which we are forgetting. And well Doyle led the worst team on paper to the league title last year so let’s see what happens. 

I feel there is a gulf in class between Poole, BV, Swindon, Lions and Somerset between the other 3. 

Its a better team than last year but last year didn’t go to plan so let’s see what happens. 

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Krysztof Kasprzak

Jack Holder

Brady Kurtz

Kyle Newman

Hans Andersen

Nicolai Klindt

James Shanes

I seem to remember that that 1-7 was being called untouchable about this time last season!!!!!

The 1-7 this season for Poole looks no better than last seasons to me. Many ifs and buts in Sundstrom and the 2 Poles and Holder......................would hate to see last season repeated..................you never know Lahti and Kennett might be free mid season to replace Holder and one of the Poles!

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Oh dear. Gavan really believes that the 2018 lineup looks no better than lasts seasons seven rider? Really?

I think Gavan is really upset that Matt has put together a cracking side and just can’t bring himself to admit it. He could have won some praise by actually following the lead of Bagpuss and thecombdog, both not fans of Poole, by being honest enough to see what this lineup has in its arsenal.

Nothing is won until the end of the playoffs and injuries could wreck a season at any time, but if I saw this lineup for another team I would be saying to myself, ‘crap, how do we beat that side’?

There are question marks about the team, but that goes for every side. But if Holder gets back towards his best, and the two Poles perform near to their best it should be, in the words of Bobby Roode, “Glorious”!

28 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

On paper at the start of last season Pooles team looked as good as this years.

We can all judge it didnt work out for whatever reason but if you compare the 2 nothing in it.

KURTZ, JOSH G, HOLDER   V  KK, KURTZ, ANDERSEN......................before a wheel was turned last season you would say they looked similar standard.

SUNDSTROM , WORYNA   V   HOLDER, NEWMAN.............................again before a wheel was turned you would have said not to much between the 2.

MATZ V KLINDT...............pretty obvious to me that Klindt was seen as better than the new pole

No doubt Poole have built a good team one that should make the play offs comfortably.........still there are doubts over the 2 new poles and Holder and Sundstrom.  It only needs 2 of those 4 to under perform and Poole will be making changes.

As i said we heard all this last season about how Poole would steamroller everyone and it went horribly wrong.

Holder this season could easily do a KK. The 2 poles could be worse than Klindt.....nobody knows. Its not wise to get to cocksure before the season starts. Be happy with your 1-7 by all means, i think ours at Ipswich looks fantastic, but those who shout loudest need to prepare for a fall

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Oh dear. Gavan really believes that the 2018 lineup looks no better than lasts seasons seven rider? Really?

I think Gavan is really upset that Matt has put together a cracking side and just can’t bring himself to admit it. He could have won some praise by actually following the lead of Bagpuss and thecombdog, both not fans of Poole, by being honest enough to see what this lineup has in its arsenal.

Nothing is won until the end of the playoffs and injuries could wreck a season at any time, but if I saw this lineup for another team I would be saying to myself, ‘crap, how do we beat that side’?

There are question marks about the team, but that goes for every side. But if Holder gets back towards his best, and the two Poles perform near to their best it should be, in the words of Bobby Roode, “Glorious”!

Ah bless you mr troll

Ive said the Poole side looks good but is that not enough for you?

you have even agreed with me about risks with Holder and the Poles!!!!!

Pride comes before a fall..........pretty much like last year.

Lol at Gavan!

Jack Holder and Newman v Sundstrom and Woryna? nothing in it? LOL!

They should make the playoffs comfortably? Is that praise? Of the other completed teams no other side has the potential or strength in depth. If Swindon had named this side I would be waving the white flag!

A superb lineup which should go unbeaten at home and pick up plenty of points on the road. Looking forward to trips to the bigger tracks of Swindon, Belle Vue, Kings Lynn and Somerset.

Gavan not happy tonight. Lol!

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Arthur Fry said:

another powerhouse team assembled by Matt

Certainly does look like being the strongest line up on paper. Good strength all the way down, particularly the second strings. The team to beat IMO.

Cracking team imo. Could possibly win everywhere apart from Wolves and a shame they won't be coming to the Showground, looks box office .....

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

No doubt that Darcy was more talented on a bike than Ivan. If he hadn't had it taken away from him I'm sure he'd have been world champ time and time again.

Of course there is doubt but it is unfair to compare them because they are from different eras and Darcy didnt get a chance to fulfil his potential - so we will never know.

Quite happy with that starting line-up for 2018, now that its out in the open!!  Still need Gorzow's OK for Sundstrom but should be fine.

The first month/6 weeks will be interesting to see how they all do - with riders already agreed to step in if necessary!!;)

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Ah bless you mr troll

Ive said the Poole side looks good but is that not enough for you?

you have even agreed with me about risks with Holder and the Poles!!!!!

Pride comes before a fall..........pretty much like last year.

Praised us!! Condescending comments its a good team then saying its no better than last year's haha!! It is miles better you know it just won't admit it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

On paper at the start of last season Pooles team looked as good as this years.

We can all judge it didnt work out for whatever reason but if you compare the 2 nothing in it.

KURTZ, JOSH G, HOLDER   V  KK, KURTZ, ANDERSEN......................before a wheel was turned last season you would say they looked similar standard.

SUNDSTROM , WORYNA   V   HOLDER, NEWMAN.............................again before a wheel was turned you would have said not to much between the 2.

MATZ V KLINDT...............pretty obvious to me that Klindt was seen as better than the new pole

No doubt Poole have built a good team one that should make the play offs comfortably.........still there are doubts over the 2 new poles and Holder and Sundstrom.  It only needs 2 of those 4 to under perform and Poole will be making changes.

As i said we heard all this last season about how Poole would steamroller everyone and it went horribly wrong.

Holder this season could easily do a KK. The 2 poles could be worse than Klindt.....nobody knows. Its not wise to get to cocksure before the season starts. Be happy with your 1-7 by all means, i think ours at Ipswich looks fantastic, but those who shout loudest need to prepare for a fall

No it looks much better than last year.  I don't remember saying last year's team was title winning considering the changes we made amazing we made the play offs, theres a world of difference between the teams 

Edited by foreverblue

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No it looks much better than last year.  I don't remember saying last year's team was title winning considering the changes we made amazing we made the play offs, theres a world of difference between the teams 

You and others constantly told us last year teams was massive favourites.. KK was a different rider for Poole etc.. nothing about this Poole team looks better than how last years looked at the beginning and i still think Leicesters team looks better    

• Like 1