British Speedway Forum

19 hours ago, ray c said:

As all ivan wins were just one meeting not like todays format 

Just one meeting? Have you forgotten qualifying rounds plus those what you call ‘just one meeting’ we’re like pressure cookers...go give your head a wobble 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

I'm sure Woryna beat Freddie at Wolves when riding for Coventry in his first season although lacked the consistency to back that up but I found his performance exciting enough.

Of the Poles he will probably do OK at the smaller tracks like Wolves (possibly similar to how Musielak mastered it in 2017), of course assuming he brings his Polish form to the UK which everyone - particularly Poole fans - are expecting. 

Holder is always bad at Wolves but I think Josh G is ok there so who knows what to expect, just they all have to appreciate none of them will beat Thorsell.

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Holder is always bad at Wolves but I think Josh G is ok there so who knows what to expect, just they all have to appreciate none of them will beat Thorsell.

Josh G 2 & 3 from his last 2 visits

Kurtz 4

Shanes 3 & 0

Holder 8 & 5

Woryna 4 & 4

You then look how the Wolves boys go at Poole

Howarth 7 & 10

Schlein 8 & 11

Thorsell 15 

Could be very difficult for Poole to beat Wolves over 2 legs. I would fancy Poole over 2 legs against most teams but will be hard against Wolves

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Kurtz 4

Shanes 3 & 0

Holder 8 & 5

Woryna 4 & 4

Howarth 7 & 10

Schlein 8 & 11

Thorsell 15 

Could be very difficult for Poole to beat Wolves over 2 legs. I would fancy Poole over 2 legs against most teams but will be hard against Wolves

I agree it would be difficult however we did it last season. And i think our reverses would be the difference at home this season we will batter someone  

15 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Kurtz 4

Shanes 3 & 0

Holder 8 & 5

Woryna 4 & 4

Howarth 7 & 10

Schlein 8 & 11

Thorsell 15

been looking in the history books again, are we going to have pages of this wolves rider is better than this Poole rider, I'm sure will be just fine, playoffs here we come

17 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Kurtz 4

Shanes 3 & 0

Holder 8 & 5

Woryna 4 & 4

Howarth 7 & 10

Schlein 8 & 11

Thorsell 15 

Obviously mistaken about Josh G but Wolves have a weak bottom 3 and at Poole they should get hammered but at Monmore  probably get beaten we usually do but certainly fancy our chances over two legs.

29 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

been looking in the history books again, are we going to have pages of this wolves rider is better than this Poole rider, I'm sure will be just fine, playoffs here we come

Nope havent done that take a little look harder next time.

Simply said Pooles riders struggle at Monmore.

I think Belle Vue and Leicester have better teams than Wolves , but i would fancy Poole over 2 legs against both of those. 

For me Poole will find it harder over 2 legs against Wolves then any other side.....thats my opinion or do you expect Poole to smash everyone!

Poole should breeze into the play offs with the 1-7 but there are risks there simple as that.

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Nope havent done that take a little look harder next time.

Simply said Pooles riders struggle at Monmore.

I think Belle Vue and Leicester have better teams than Wolves , but i would fancy Poole over 2 legs against both of those. 

For me Poole will find it harder over 2 legs against Wolves then any other side.....thats my opinion or do you expect Poole to smash everyone!

Poole should breeze into the play offs with the 1-7 but there are risks there simple as that.

As with any team its not the team you start with that counts its the team you finish with and it would be very unusual for most championship winners to have the same team from start to finish of the season.

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

As with any team its not the team you start with that counts its the team you finish with and it would be very unusual for most championship winners to have the same team from start to finish of the season.

agreed

All im saying is that although Wolves team isnt the best i think that it is the track that will cause the current Poole 1-7 the most problems. Over 2 legs its possible given the choice that Poole would choose Belle Vue or Leicester over Wolves

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

Just one meeting? Have you forgotten qualifying rounds plus those what you call ‘just one meeting’ we’re like pressure cookers...go give your head a wobble 

You dont become champion of the world in qualifiers do you not in them days 5 races in one meeting if you cant be civil dont answer 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

agreed

All im saying is that although Wolves team isnt the best i think that it is the track that will cause the current Poole 1-7 the most problems. Over 2 legs its possible given the choice that Poole would choose Belle Vue or Leicester over Wolves

who's to say wolves or even Poole will make the playoffs , but I certainly fancy this Poole team over 2 legs against anyone

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

You dont become champion of the world in qualifiers do you not in them days 5 races in one meeting if you cant be civil dont answer

i think what he is saying is you have to go through lots of meetings to get to the final

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

agreed

We always struggle at Wolves, the only times we haven't is when Wolves have had injuries. I think Wolves will struggle this season unless there are changes. Poole's team looks strong but if one of the Poles got injured early on we would struggle to replace the rider with a reasonable alternative whereas if that same rider got injured later in the season his average should have gone up enough to get a comparable rider.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

i think what he is saying is you have to go through lots of meetings to get to the final

To be fair he is rather demeaning Maugers achievements so shouldn’t be surprised he doesnt understand that 

If Rye get KK id fancy them over two legs over Poole