British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, scottyfan said:

Chris Holder CAN ride Wolverhampton very well......scored 14/15 there a few years back with Woffinden and Lindgren both in the Wolves team.

Was’nt it at Wolverhampton that Holder and Ward won the EL pairs in about 2011??

Wasn't a Wolves.  But yes you are absolutely right. Holder has had some great meetings at Monmore. 

• Like 1

I see Brady and Josh are in the 70th anniversary meeting, how come no Chris

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

Surely your joking. Rickardsson was an absolutely immense talent on a bike. Some of the moves he made were out of this world, he was simply awesome. 

As for Loram, entertaining yes exciting yes, one of the most skilled ever? Do me a favour! He had an exceptionally good year in 2000 and a good half season the year before but was always IMO in the shadow of Crump and Rickardsson, even Hamill. 

He was a very entertaining rider but even in league speedway, when he was around I would always of taken Crump, Rickardsson, Hamill, Adams, Sullivan and probably Hancock over him to lead my team. If he could gate it could of been a different story, but he couldnt and thats half the battle so thats that. 

Richardsson was very   good  i was never a big fan of his to be honest and  he would not  be in my all time top five riders ever riders Mauger,Fundin,Briggs,Olsen,Nielsen would all be above him but anyway only my opinion how is your strawberry picking going in Aussie?

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arthur Fry said:

I see Brady and Josh are in the 70th anniversary meeting, how come no Chris

They have only announced 4. There is another 12 to go! 

Trick was a completely dominant force like Mauger.  For a period he wasn’t just head and shoulders, he was simply in another league. I was a massive fan and gave the sport a huge star. Swedish speedway saw massive crowds, never seen since. Did Woffinden have the same affect to British speedway? No. He couldn’t be arsed to even ride here.

Mauger - Trick

Briggs

Neilsen

PC

Loram-Gollob - others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Trick was a completely dominant force like Mauger.  For a period he wasn’t just head and shoulders, he was simply in another league. I was a massive fan and gave the sport a huge star. Swedish speedway saw massive crowds, never seen since. Did Woffinden have the same affect to British speedway? No. He couldn’t be arsed to even ride here.

Mauger - Trick

Briggs

Neilsen

PC

Loram-Gollob - others.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Mauger - Trick

Briggs

Neilsen

PC

Loram-Gollob - others.

No Fundin or Olsen really ? god what a statement anyway it is your opinion and i grudgeonly respect that.

so if were talking about entertainment / box office, who would be your choice. Mine would be Loram / Ward / Gollob every day

Edited by Arthur Fry
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

No Fundin or Olsen really ? god what a statement anyway it is your opinion and i grudgeonly respect that.

17 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I actually pressed submit before I had finished the post. Fundin before my time I cannot therefore add him though clearly dominant in his time. 

Olsen. Stick him alongside Neilsen. I saw him win at Wembley in 1975 as a 16 year old. Top man no doubt about it.

• Thanks 1

Peter Craven was my childhood hero and a rider now often underrated. Yes, he only won two World Championships but he was only 29 when he died, so who knows what he might have achieved. He could gate and win from the back and his riding style was similar to that used today rather than the stand up style then popular. 

Best ever rider, Mauger, most entertaining, the other PC , Peter Collins. For those not fortunate to have seen him in his prime just have a look at some of his races in the 1976 world final on YouTube.

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Richardsson was very   good  i was never a big fan of his to be honest and  he would not  be in my all time top five riders ever riders Mauger,Fundin,Briggs,Olsen,Nielsen would all be above him but anyway only my opinion how is your strawberry picking going in Aussie?

At least you could spell his name right even if you are not a big fan of his!

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

At least you could spell his name right even if you are not a big fan of his!

Forever i have given you the benefit of the doubt endless times in the past yet you seem to take great delight in taking the piss out of me why don't you take your blue tinted glasses off.!!!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I actually pressed submit before I had finished the post. Fundin before my time I cannot therefore add him though clearly dominant in his time. 

Olsen. Stick him alongside Neilsen. I saw him win at Wembley in 1975 as a 16 year old. Top man no doubt about it.

I don't back as some on here, i didn't see Fundin, Mauger, Collins etc, i did see Neilsen and remember him saying his knew he was in trouble when Rickardsson was behind him, they couldn't stand being beaten by one another. Loram was amazing to watch but i have to say Rickardsson was a different level to anyone i have seen on a bike probably typified by his wall of death ride at Cardiiff.

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Forever i have given you the benefit of the doubt endless times in the past yet you seem to take great delight in taking the piss out of me why don't you take your blue tinted glasses off.!!!

Nothing to do with blue tinted glasses just a little joke not taking the piss, given me the benefit of the doubt how gracious of you! 

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't back as some on here, i didn't see Fundin, Mauger, Collins etc, i did see Neilsen and remember him saying his knew he was in trouble when Rickardsson was behind him, they couldn't stand being beaten by one another. Loram was amazing to watch but i have to say Rickardsson was a different level to anyone i have seen on a bike probably typified by his wall of death ride at Cardiiff.

God that last sentence was so predictable,  have a look back at  some of Gollob's  moves unbelievable he did stuff that Rickrdsson could  only dream of doing.

• Like 1

Just now, foreverblue said:

Nothing to do with blue tinted glasses just a little joke not taking the piss, given me the benefit of the doubt how gracious of you! 

You were taking the piss big time and you know it be real be truthful.