British Speedway Forum

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Both have improved massively since those days, Woryna will be at least a 7 by the end of the season in my opinion.

In Poland I agree but over here we will have to wait and see .I like Woryna don't get me wrong as I've no team to follow I will be looking at his scores with interest

At least Woryna has had some recent (ish) experience of SGBP tracks - with the possible exception of Somerset (instead of Lakeside) - from the season before last, 2016.

Just hope he's not too 'overkeen' to impress like Milik was when he first came over.  Should make for some excitement though.

28 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

At least Woryna has had some recent (ish) experience of SGBP tracks - with the possible exception of Somerset (instead of Lakeside) - from the season before last, 2016.

Just hope he's not too 'overkeen' to impress like Milik was when he first came over.  Should make for some excitement though.

I think Woryna be excellent, he has become a top rider in Poland and I see no reason why a rider of his ability shouldn't be able to convert that form to here.

12 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Quite possibly we will love the look of Swindon on the track next season!

5 of the 2017 side are still riding. The Robins won most matches when Doyle was not riding & so that is not an issue. Batch will provide a more balanced team as both him & Morris are good team riders, whereas Doyle just looks after himself. It's probable that there will be a reserve change at some point but I'm happy with the Swindon line-up, whereas Poole are full of "maybes". Riders that do well in Poland are not always as successful over here. It depends very much on how well they adapt to the variety of tracks in the UK. The season will tell it's tale in October.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DunRobin said:

5 of the 2017 side are still riding. The Robins won most matches when Doyle was not riding & so that is not an issue. Batch will provide a more balanced team as both him & Morris are good team riders, whereas Doyle just looks after himself. It's probable that there will be a reserve change at some point but I'm happy with the Swindon line-up, whereas Poole are full of "maybes". Riders that do well in Poland are not always as successful over here. It depends very much on how well they adapt to the variety of tracks in the UK. The season will tell it's tale in October.

I think we are a team of maybe or maybe nots only two riders from last season as well got to blend in together ?

19 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think we are a team of maybe or maybe nots only two riders from last season as well got to blend in together ?

What like the team from last season 'blended together'???  I think not!

Brady and Kacper know each other very well as do the Aussie boys. The 2 Poles will gee each other up. We know what James is all about so that only leaves Linus to settle in!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DunRobin said:

There is no reason to suggest they will adapt any worse than Musielak did when he came over and it's always more difficult to come over and perform straight away like he did especially when the season has  already started. I am not saying you haven't a good team because clearly you have but there is a big weakness at reserve, I can't imagine you will go the whole season with Mitchell Davey in your team. The comment I made was a reaction to a earlier post. Don't see we are full of maybe's though, in my opinion we have a team that every rider has the potential to increase their average, some more than others.

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Good news last years team was amazing wasn't it!

28 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Good news last years team was amazing wasn't it!

Would have been if the won the league but they never did they amazing thats what they were saying. Ha ha

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

Would have been if the won the league but they never did they amazing thats what they were saying. Ha ha

Personally thought we would challenge last year but I didn't think we would win.

26 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Personally thought we would challenge last year but I didn't think we would win.

Ye you are right look good to start faded badly . this year never sure about polish riders only time will tell ?

• Confused 1

I am 100% confident both Poles will do their jobs and more. Woryna challenging for heat leader and Spanner dominant at reserve most of the time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Retweeted Ned Payne (@nedpayne_echo):

Nothing yet on Linus Sundstrom from a Pirates point of view. Still waiting for @StalGorzow1947 to give it the thumbs up.

1 hour ago, Agrotron said:

Retweeted Ned Payne (@nedpayne_echo):

Nothing yet on Linus Sundstrom from a Pirates point of view. Still waiting for @StalGorzow1947 to give it the thumbs up.

Thought this was all done and dusted!!