British Speedway Forum

10 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

Tell me what is all the hype about this Poole team if the poles don't perform it is average. There are about 4 teams in the league that look on a par you don't win nothing on paper

What makes the Poole team stand out is that every rider has the potential to improve their average, some more than others, of course some riders may struggle to start with but when they have all settled in should be some exciting nights ahead.

1 hour ago, blupanther said:

He should feel well at home at Poole then  :wink:

Haha.  I don't even think the Poole track, at its absolute worst is as bad as Gdańsk.

46 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Of course you wouldn't!  :D

Think we look strong enough for top 4. Plus we are the masters of not topping the league and winning the play offs. :t:

Think Wolves are getting weaker with every other team announcement.

Think we will suffer by not having a recognised number one and weak reserves.

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What makes the Poole team stand out is that every rider has the potential to improve their average, some more than others, of course some riders may struggle to start with but when they have all settled in should be some exciting nights ahead.

Mate dont worry about it, its all pure jealousy.. Yes they all have to preform come to the party and stay clear of injury. I as a fan like the team very much and Matt is more than happy with it.. Im very sure the new boys will get plenty of laps in on P&P day. Both Chris and Neil can play a pivital part in teaching the new boys how to ride poole properly.
I fully expect Chris to be captain, but needs to get involved more in the pits..

19 minutes ago, SteveZodiac said:

Think Wolves are getting weaker with every other team announcement.

Think we will suffer by not having a recognised number one and weak reserves.

Besides Somerset and Kings Lynn no other team has a recognised number one.

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Besides Somerset and Kings Lynn no other team has a recognised number one.

Er i beg to differ Steve, we have.. Chris will blow that average away this season mate.

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Er i beg to differ Steve, we have.. Chris will blow that average away this season mate.

I agree he SHOULD be, but dropped to 2nd to Troy last year and starts 4th in line this! He certainly hasn't been riding anything like a number one over the past 12 months.  So time will tell eh? ;)

15 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I agree he SHOULD be, but dropped to 2nd to Troy last year and starts 4th in line this! He certainly hasn't been riding anything like a number one over the past 12 months.  So time will tell eh? ;)

Chris has had his problems, and it takes its toll. A fit  and focused Chris will finish top of the PL standings and push these upstarts in the GP series. That is what i expect him to do. form is tempary class is permanant..

Edited by Starman2006

Holder will be fine. Most Poole riders suffer a loss of form during their year away and then click right back in on their return. 

• Haha 1

I expect vaculik will be out and out no1 once the season gets going .as for chris holder got my doubt's we shall see

Just now, ray c said:

I expect vaculik will be out and out no1 once the season gets going .as for chris holder got my doubt's we shall see

He maybe 30 mate but yes, you will see..;) As for Vaculik he's a good addition to the PL, and i expect him to have a good season. Matts a big admirer of him.

Kurtz will top the Poole averages. He's a 'out and out number 1' in this league.

He took a knock at the worst possible time last year, was rushed back (WU21 Final) and struggled to re-find his early season form as a result. He is better in the UK than his average from last season suggests [opinion]. If he can stay healthy (always a big if in this sport) he'll push 9.00 [more opinion].

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

Kurtz will top the Poole averages. He's a 'out and out number 1' in this league.

He took a knock at the worst possible time last year, was rushed back (WU21 Final) and struggled to re-find his early season form as a result. He is better in the UK than his average from last season suggests [opinion]. If he can stay healthy (always a big if in this sport) he'll push 9.00 [more opinion].

Hi mate, Brady will have a good season all being well. He will continue to improve in his own time, he's a slow  burner.. But whether he will improve enough to be top of the pile remains to be seen. He has to curb his enthusiaum at the gate, that cost him the Aussie title. And refs will pick it up..

You may be riight about Brady but IF & its. A big If CH hits form there could be a 5 rider challenge for the No 1 spot, yes Woyrina may be one of them although the least least likey I admit!

• Like 2