British Speedway Forum

51 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

That is what is crazy with this one 8 point man only, the opportunity was there to entice more stars back clubs only doing it if they could afford it.I actually think Poole,Belle Vue,Leicester especially have essembled  exciting teams this year they are the teams i am most looking forward to s seeing.Maybe  Pawlicki, Tai, Zagar  (etc might be enticed back  to the UK in the future i hope you feeling better and you could be well anough for the start of the season.

Thank you Sid, im working hard to get better, the days continue to improve but the nights are still iffy, Have the big scan in Marc, i will be a little shaky. The problem this country has is the money situation Sid, to attract these big names back you would need sponsors to chip in to pay there points money. Very few clubs can afford it now. Thats why im guessing the 8 pt rule was brought in..

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

I think it's great that the set nights seemed to have tempted a few , including Tai.  Let's hope we make it easier to encourage them as well. But yes I agree they won't be coming here to earn a fortune!

I agree Steve, it can only be good for British speedway in the long run.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, poolebolton said:

So last signing at 9pm tonight. 

Such a mystery who this last rider could be. ;)

Better be James Shanes.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Thank you Sid, im working hard to get better, the days continue to improve but the nights are still iffy, Have the big scan in Marc, i will be a little shaky. The problem this country has is the money situation Sid, to attract these big names back you would need sponsors to chip in to pay there points money. Very few clubs can afford it now. Thats why im guessing the 8 pt rule was brought in..

Yes i thought that as my club i believe would of struggled to be able to afford Doyle a real shame but Speedway clubs need to be able to balance the books.Saying that this year could be good one clubs look closer together in ability which should produce close encounters.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Better be James Shanes.

Ye got to be james wont be happy if not

1 hour ago, ray c said:

Ye got to be james wont be happy if not

Im sure it will be James mate, but i would suspect he's looking for more sponsors Sheffields a long way from near Dorchester/poole. And even though Matt has offered him a bit more he's still on limited points money he will need more help.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Terms agreed with Wolves and (with Wolves permission) Poole!!  But as has been stated the 8 point rule scuppered any initial team-building plans.

Looks like we’ve had a 50% reduction on answering questions. 

Where will it all end?

He could put a point  or two on his average i hope so a nice bloke very exciting to watch he has impressed me.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, ray c said:

Nice to see you back James the best signing of the lot for me !!!!

He did well last season.Good luck to him.

So glad James is back such a nice lad and exciting to watch just got to hope the reserves can gel, he will probably stay at number 7 all season but loads of room for improving his average.

• Like 1

No surprises,  great to see him continuing his career in the top flight.  Won't have any pressure on him at all so he can continue progressing at a nice steady pace. I like watching hi  too. Don't expect massive improvement but think he could push it up to 3 or 4.

Quite ironic really that the young white British male finds himself as the 'token' in the team :o

• Like 1