British Speedway Forum

26 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

No surprises,  great to see him continuing his career in the top flight.  Won't have any pressure on him at all so he can continue progressing at a nice steady pace. I like watching hi  too. Don't expect massive improvement but think he could push it up to 3 or 4.

There certainly will be lots of pressure on him. He knows he has a big job to do and if he doesn’t score he will soon discover he will only be getting three rides. And replacements will be waiting in the wings for their chance.

James will have his own inbuilt pressure and the will to succeed, and I am sure he will progress further in 2018 with his second season in the top flight and the added advantage this time around of extra meetings from the championship to help bring him on. Think it could be a very good year for thelad.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There certainly will be lots of pressure on him. He knows he has a big job to do and if he doesn’t score he will soon discover he will only be getting three rides. And replacements will be waiting in the wings for their chance.

James will have his own inbuilt pressure and the will to succeed, and I am sure he will progress further in 2018 with his second season in the top flight and the added advantage this time around of extra meetings from the championship to help bring him on. Think it could be a very good year for thelad.

Why will there be lots of pressure on him? When you have a ringer as a reserve he will only have 3 rides anyway. Same as any team with a powerful reserve. 

A lack of pressure means the rider is riding below his maximum best.  The rider should put maximun pressure on himself and the club will always expect maximun effort.  

He only has to beat his opposite number and he has done his job. Anything else is a bonus. 

• Like 3

I think he will always put pressure on himself, now he may be only getting 3 rides especially riding next to a very experienced rider who should be riding on a different level to James but i think the way he rides he always tries his best even when he is at the back and riding with Szczepaniak can only help him. 

I see James at the Abbey at the back end of last season and after a slow start he really was on the pace by the end of the meeting.At home he averaged five so i believe he can better that away will be tough but his final average was about 2.90 ish??? I think  he can get that average up to 4.70  In this team he should not have to much pressure unlike say a Zak W at Swindon who will have to score like a senior reserve.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I see James at the Abbey at the back end of last season and after a slow start he really was on the pace by the end of the meeting.At home he averaged five so i believe he can better that away will be tough but his final average was about 2.90 ish??? I think  he can get that average up to 4.70  In this team he should not have to much pressure unlike say a Zak W at Swindon who will have to score like a senior reserve.

Im pleased that this has now been anounced, it was a no brainer for the lad. The extra meetings will do him good and make him a better rider as ive said. Welcome back James..
We have a premiership title to win !!!  ;)

14 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Im pleased that this has now been anounced, it was a no brainer for the lad. The extra meetings will do him good and make him a better rider as ive said. Welcome back James..
We have a premiership title to win !!!  ;)

Agreed think it will be a big year for Smiley I do like the lad very approachable and certainly very talented, really want to see him and Zach kick on this year and get up to Bewleys level as I think talent wise they aren’t really far behind 

9 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Agreed think it will be a big year for Smiley I do like the lad very approachable and certainly very talented, really want to see him and Zach kick on this year and get up to Bewleys level as I think talent wise they aren’t really far behind 

Yes I agree, he is a nice lad and  seems very level headed which is  a plus, he has the potential to make a name for himself in the sport. Just a shame the other local lad got dumped and maybe won't ride for us again, I hope he does because I believe he has got a bright future too.

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

Good to see Starman back hope everything’s going ok? 

Thanks mate, everything going slowly, days are good nights still a bit dodgy. Plenty of worms in my head, nerve endings still a long way to go, but i have the scan on march 12th, and i will be a bag of nerves..

2 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

I really  think Zach/James can kick on this year before Zach's injury he was going great guns it got to the stage where i expected him to score five/sixes at home every week  a tidy little rider.Entertainment  wise Shanes is terrific value also he has real talent a big year for the lad hope he does well hope you and the family are well Shocker  see you for a pint in March.!!!!

3 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Good to see James back, if the going gets tough we can expect to see Josh Pickering in.

Give him a chance to ride first :rolleyes:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Give him a chance to ride first :rolleyes:

Yes I noticed that hasn't turn a wheel and people are already talking about his replacement !!!

• Like 1