British Speedway Forum

On 02/02/2018 at 12:49 PM, Sidney the robin said:

I really  think Zach/James can kick on this year before Zach's injury he was going great guns it got to the stage where i expected him to score five/sixes at home every week  a tidy little rider.Entertainment  wise Shanes is terrific value also he has real talent a big year for the lad hope he does well hope you and the family are well Shocker  see you for a pint in March.!!!!

We’re good mate look forward to hooking up again in March there’s a supporters club quiz night Thursday at the Southbrook if your interested 

3 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Bloody hell going through it! Fingers crossed for your scan I’m sure everything will be fine step by step mate 

Yep step by step mate, and like you i hope the scan comes back clear. the tumour was completely benign and was all removed nothing had spread, the scan will take about half hour in March. MRI scans are noisey so out with the ear plugs and ear muffs.. Half an hour of clunk clunk clunk chugger chugger chugger,..

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, Starman2006 said:

Im sure a lot of clubs will be in the same boat mate, every club will have to cut costs. Every club has to be accountable for there own actions, and if it means going back to Bibs and ditching kevlars then so be it. We still have a lot of loyal sponsors at Poole, and also a main team sponsor, so its not all that bad.

I wouldn't mind the bibs back.Makes the riders easier to identify and give's a bit of variety to each rider.I'm sure it won't make them any less of a team.

All we need now is the Weslakes and the R40 back ;)

14 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Yep step by step mate, and like you i hope the scan comes back clear. the tumour was completely benign and was all removed nothing had spread, the scan will take about half hour in March. MRI scans are noisey so out with the ear plugs and ear muffs.. Half an hour of clunk clunk clunk chugger chugger chugger,..

I hate those MRI scans but there are a necessary evil as they have better detail than CT scans. When I had mine they gave me ear muffs to wear as they need to instruct the patient ie, I was told to breath in and hold my breath a couple of times.  Best of luck Starman, I hope it all goes well for you.

54 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I hate those MRI scans but there are a necessary evil as they have better detail than CT scans. When I had mine they gave me ear muffs to wear as they need to instruct the patient ie, I was told to breath in and hold my breath a couple of times.  Best of luck Starman, I hope it all goes well for you.

Thank you Hyderd, so do i.  ive been in a nightmare for 8 weeks, and i just pray it comes back clear. Ive had several MRI scans its not being put in the machine is the problem, its the 30-40 minutes duration of clunk clunk clunk, chugger chugger chugger. they are a wonderful inovation, they can see EVERYTHING, xrays are good, but these are different class. i still remember seeing the first MRI scanner being lowered through the roof into place at poole. CT scanners are an advance on xrays. good detail but not in the class of an MRI scanner.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Hey Starman i don't like it in the tube bit clostrifobic and all the noise like you say I wear those eye pad things makes it better hope it comes out fine good look

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Booey boy said:

Hey Starman i don't like it in the tube bit clostrifobic and all the noise like you say I wear those eye pad things makes it better hope it comes out fine good look

Thank you Booey Boy, much appreciated..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Thank you Booey Boy, much appreciated..

Remember the first time I was booked for an MRI, in the basement of Poole hospital, I was a slightly larger lad in those days, and as the slide moved into the machine my shoulders jammed in the "hole", which led to total panic upon my part as my head was locked in place, but the rest of me was trying to escape. Next one I had (me a bit smaller or larger hole) they gave me headphones to listen to music, hah fat chance, as you say with all the clattering and banging did not hear much, but at least they got a picture this time. But good luck with your results, hope its all OK.

Don’t forget The speedway quiz night on Wednesday at the stadium. Always very well supported, and this week we have an interview with Linus Sundstrom who will be there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hrhbig said:

Remember the first time I was booked for an MRI, in the basement of Poole hospital, I was a slightly larger lad in those days, and as the slide moved into the machine my shoulders jammed in the "hole", which led to total panic upon my part as my head was locked in place, but the rest of me was trying to escape. Next one I had (me a bit smaller or larger hole) they gave me headphones to listen to music, hah fat chance, as you say with all the clattering and banging did not hear much, but at least they got a picture this time. But good luck with your results, hope its all OK.

Thank you, so do i..

I must be a rare breed when it comes to MRI scans, but I do go through a process to cope with them.

Becoming a Speedway rider :lol:

Lay on the bed, cage goes over my head (that's the helmet going on). Then I close my eyes. As the bed goes in I'm rolling to tapes for heat 1. Left thumb resting on that red button (clutch). As soon as I hear the 1st noise (usually a loud tic tic tic) that's the green light then the next noise (errrrrrrrrr) bang, tapes up and I'm away. Then just repeat. Even give some fist pumps a finger pointing to those behing the glass (the fans). Generally manage 15 heats per scan but if theres over run I just pop some wheelies, doughnuts etc 

It perfect for killing anxiety 

Best of luck Starry 

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

I must be a rare breed when it comes to MRI scans, but I do go through a process to cope with them.

Becoming a Speedway rider :lol:

Lay on the bed, cage goes over my head (that's the helmet going on). Then I close my eyes. As the bed goes in I'm rolling to tapes for heat 1. Left thumb resting on that red button (clutch). As soon as I hear the 1st noise (usually a loud tic tic tic) that's the green light then the next noise (errrrrrrrrr) bang, tapes up and I'm away. Then just repeat. Even give some fist pumps a finger pointing to those behing the glass (the fans). Generally manage 15 heats per scan but if theres over run I just pop some wheelies, doughnuts etc 

It perfect for killing anxiety 

Best of luck Starry 

Very good mate...:D Thank you Danny, much appreciated. hope you are well ?

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

well i for one welcome the change to the management team at poole,well done matt

What's the change are you on about Giles ??

Edited by ray c

56 minutes ago, poole keith said:

well i for one welcome the change to the management team at poole,well done matt

Weeks old - mainly to make the annual accounts look a bit better.. At some point the website might be updated?!:shock: